• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Disagree on Stewart. His value won't be higher than it is now.

I'm pretty sure Stewart, like Stafford, will be a pending UFA playing for a big contract next year.

No problem with him getting traded now, but also no problem with him riding shotgun on the second line next year and building up Moulson-like value.

Probably has more to do with him being pissed over not playing on Sunday

This will probably piss off alot of Canucks fans after Schneider was moved at the draft

Have they played since Sunday? I'd think that he was held out Sunday because this deal was in the works.

Lets be clear the reason to pick up Conacher on waivers is because it gives us another warm body for the rest of the year. He is an RFA next year so not like we have to sign him long term. Is it undersized? Absolutely. But we need skaters at this point and at least I can say he is a NHL forward, unlike Omark.

FWIW:

@SunGarrioch: Hearing talk that Derek Roy could be on the move before tomorrow's deadline. #NHLTradeDeadline#sabres #miller

Would expect Minnesota and Anaheim to be interested. I don't like Roy and whatnot, but I don't deny that he's talented.

@JSportsnet: Thomas Vanek is not dressing tonight in Winnipeg. #hockeycentral

@DennisTFP: Kings : Buffalo sticking to guns on Toffoli. Gaborik audition a flop in Toronto. 3rd option Cammalleri now discussed, could be larger deal

Would expect Minnesota and Anaheim to be interested. I don't like Roy and whatnot, but I don't deny that he's talented.

@JSportsnet: Thomas Vanek is not dressing tonight in Winnipeg. #hockeycentral

@DennisTFP: Kings : Buffalo sticking to guns on Toffoli. Gaborik audition a flop in Toronto. 3rd option Cammalleri now discussed, could be larger deal

If Vanek isn't dressing, then we can assume he's being traded, and if Buffalo and the Kings are still having talks concerning Toffoli, I'd assume that means Vanek isn't headed to LA. Lots of assumptions, but what the hell

Rumors Ehrhoff would be dealt for a few prospects and Draft Picks are not an acceptable return for him. "Supposedly"

This is one of those reports that better be true but is frustrating to even need to hear. Of course we want prospects.

If Vanek isn't dressing, then we can assume he's being traded, and if Buffalo and the Kings are still having talks concerning Toffoli, I'd assume that means Vanek isn't headed to LA. Lots of assumptions, but what the hell

LA is out on Vanek because of cap space and the pricetag. The rumor mill says that LA likes Ehrhoff and Moulson and a larger deal could fall into place but nothing imminent as of yet.

This is one of those reports that better be true but is frustrating to even need to hear. Of course we want prospects.

Again I saw it from a couple ppl, saying Murray interested in prospects in an Ehrhoff deal not picks. Not sure if one person said it and others echoed or what but something to think about.

Again I saw it from a couple ppl, saying Murray interested in prospects in an Ehrhoff deal not picks. Not sure if one person said it and others echoed or what but something to think about.

I saw it too. I was just saying that it should be a given that he won't take picks for him.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Isles working on a Vanek deal, which is why he's sitting. Whether or not it comes together, we shall see...

I saw it too. I was just saying that it should be a given that he won't take picks for him.

Yea I agree. We could really use some good high end prospects to watch next year and make that god awful season bearable.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Isles working on a Vanek deal, which is why he's sitting. Whether or not it comes together, we shall see...

Yea I agree. We could really use some good high end prospects to watch next year and make that god awful season bearable.

Really? I've never heard of someone sitting a game to work out a contract :huh:

Yep, that would make more sense, getting too distracted with this deadline in my class right now :doh:

Lol no worries, I understood exactly how you read it. To add more to Vanek, Kings and Ducks are both out on him according to rumors. Anaheim really wants to acquire a center and Derek Roy has been mentioned in connection with that.