• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

@NYP_Brooksie: Just told by informed source that Wild has targeted Halak and are expected to get him from Buffalo...so that would be a NO re Brodeur....

McKenzie hinted that something may go down today in regards to Halak

Edited by Tankalicious

Chris Nichols also retweeted this. Seems to be somewhat legit. If this is the case I would expect a decent return.

I think I just read or heard that Brodeur is starting tonight.

Looking at websites, listening to radio.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Myers stays for now. At the 2015 draft, I would try to deal him along with the team's 2015 1st and 2nd rounders and Grigerenko and/ or Armia for whoever has the first pick (i.e., Florida, Calgary, Oil) -- so they can get either Connor M. or Jack Eichel. If that trade is not available, I would offer the exact same to the Caps for E. Kuznetsov. If that trade was not available, I would offer the exact same for John Tavaras.

Another trade idea would be send D. Stafford to Tampa straight up for Adam Erne. Erne could then play with Grigorenko (if he is around).

I would draft Ekblad this year. He is Shea Weber PART II.

Another deal would be Stewart and a 2nd for Ryan Hartman.

Erhoff to Philly for a 2nd or an AHL (23 yr old) makes sense. Moulson would fit in nicely with Colorado for a 2015 1st.

Earlier we were rumored to be interested in Charlie Coyle. Not sure if that would still be the case.

Especially since Coyle has already played 50 games in the NHL for the Wild and is still only 22. He's probably going to cost way more than just Halak. But then again we do have tons of picks to trade back to the Wild (including their own).

Doubt we're getting Coyle for a rental goalie. Not sure what we could add.

They have the capspace and the ability to resign Halak and make Backstrom the backup. I think Harding may be out forever unfortunately. Halak is much younger than Backstrom and would be a great guy for them longer term. It all depends on how things go down.

They have the capspace and the ability to resign Halak and make Backstrom the backup. I think Harding may be out forever unfortunately. Halak is much younger than Backstrom and would be a great guy for them longer term. It all depends on how things go down.

Given the reports that it was between Broduer and Halak, that would indicate to me that they were looking for a one year rental type to support Harding's medical issues. IMO they are not looking at a long term solution at the deadline.

Myers stays for now. At the 2015 draft, I would try to deal him along with the team's 2015 1st and 2nd rounders and Grigerenko and/ or Armia for whoever has the first pick (i.e., Florida, Calgary, Oil) -- so they can get either Connor M. or Jack Eichel. If that trade is not available, I would offer the exact same to the Caps for E. Kuznetsov. If that trade was not available, I would offer the exact same for John Tavaras.

Another trade idea would be send D. Stafford to Tampa straight up for Adam Erne. Erne could then play with Grigorenko (if he is around).

I would draft Ekblad this year. He is Shea Weber PART II.

Another deal would be Stewart and a 2nd for Ryan Hartman.

Erhoff to Philly for a 2nd or an AHL (23 yr old) makes sense. Moulson would fit in nicely with Colorado for a 2015 1st.

No... just all of it... just no... :death:

No... just all of it... just no... :death:

Saw that coming. I hate to flame on the new guys, but basically all of the trade proposals are off.

Anyone else see the irony in LGR being the first responder to crazy trade proposals after his baptism from his early posts? :lol:

Given the reports that it was between Broduer and Halak, that would indicate to me that they were looking for a one year rental type to support Harding's medical issues. IMO they are not looking at a long term solution at the deadline.

true, but maybe the reason why they would rather have Halak then Brodeur is that Halak gives them the flexibility/option to be a long term option for them if Hardings medical issues get worse. Its going to be tough for the Wild going forward with the idea of Harding being the #1 guy. As nice of a story as it would be, how can you continue on with him as the #1 knowing he could at any time have to go on IR cause his condition gets worse or something happens? If I were the Wild, I would consider Halak as a long term option and go with him and Harding as a 1a/1b tandem

Saw that coming. I hate to flame on the new guys, but basically all of the trade proposals are off.

Anyone else see the irony in LGR being the first responder to crazy trade proposals after his baptism from his early posts? :lol:

:lol:

I have been here over 3 years now. I have learned many important lessons. I have also learned tons of things about the Sabres and the League I didn't know before. I am like Luke Skyballer.

Waiver wire action

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY) plus...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA) also on waivers.

Kinda disappointed to hear about Moulson. Here's a 25+ goal scorer and solid citizen who is interested in staying, and the Sabres aren't interested? Why? Because they'd rather have a pick or a prospect who might, but probably won't, be as good as Moulson in 3-5 years?

Also, Brooksie is slightly more credible than Garrioch, but only slightly.

Cory Conacher on waiver!!! Claim time for TM!

YES OMG CLAIM HIM NOW!!!! Seriously I know he is small but we have 0 talent on this team an he played for Canisius!

Kinda disappointed to hear about Moulson. Here's a 25+ goal scorer and solid citizen who is interested in staying, and the Sabres aren't interested? Why? Because they'd rather have a pick or a prospect who might, but probably won't, be as good as Moulson in 3-5 years?

I agree with you.

Welcome to the 'Tank'/Rebuild

Assuming your prognosis is correct, then the rebuild is doomed to fail before it starts taking off.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Get in our time machine to 2006 and claim Scott Gomez!

I have been here over 3 years now. I have learned many important lessons. I have also learned tons of things about the Sabres and the League I didn't know before. I am like Luke Skyballer.

Waiver wire action

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY) plus...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA) also on waivers.

I know you have learned and changed, just gave me a chuckle from back in the day. Carry on.

Everybody brace yourselves for how horrible (and I mean HORRIBLE) this team is going to be next year. We all knew it was coming but just know there will not be any major free agent signings this Summer because right now, Buffalo will get the same response from FAs that Edmonton does. In 2015, we'll see......

Get in our time machine to 2006 and claim Scott Gomez!

I know you have learned and changed, just gave me a chuckle from back in the day. Carry on.

O no I was chuckling with you. It was almost the sort of thing I would have suggested... I got all old an stuff :P