• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

https://twitter.com/...838612049862656

Earlier this AM, LeBrun seemed surprised that the rentals haven't moved off the board yet, and said that teams are waiting for the prices to come down. Seems counterintuitive though, no?

i have heard that for a while, the top teams are interested in whats available, but they don't want to pay the asking prices at this time.

And why should they, the bottom feeder teams should gladly move their assetts over to the top teams for cheap just for the chance to help the better teams win a cup!

Rumors of Brodeur going to the Wild. Might limit the potential destinations for Halak if that deal does happen.

Brodeur possibly moving to the Wilds, Edmonton extending Scrivens, the Ducks and Canes both basically saying teams can try to get one of their goaltenders, the secondary market is going to be very thin for goalies cause there aren't many looking for a rental

I don't think anything will happen until tomorrow.

Once tonight's games are played you have the potential for things to take off. I would expect to wake up tomorrow to news of random deals around the league. It all moves from there.

i have heard that for a while, the top teams are interested in whats available, but they don't want to pay the asking prices at this time.

And why should they, the bottom feeder teams should gladly move their assetts over to the top teams for cheap just for the chance to help the better teams win a cup!

Brodeur possibly moving to the Wilds, Edmonton extending Scrivens, the Ducks and Canes both basically saying teams can try to get one of their goaltenders, the secondary market is going to be very thin for goalies cause there aren't many looking for a rental

Montreal I think has Price on LTIR. They list his injury as day to day but they could use a good goalie and perhaps would give us Budaj plus something.

Montreal I think has Price on LTIR. They list his injury as day to day but they could use a good goalie and perhaps would give us Budaj plus something.

It will be telling if they make a move for a goalie. Can't see them doing anything if Price isn't actually Day to day. If they make a move, the injury is worse then its being reported right now. Wonder if the Canadians and Halak would be open to a reunion with him going back to be Prices backup?

I wouldn't want Budaj though, if they are going to get a goalie back in any deal it i would prefer a young almost ready to be a full time starter in the NHL (Gibson), or someone who has shown flashes of being a good NHL starter stuck behind a better one (Fasth, maybe Neuvirth)

Halak back with Price? Yeah, don't count on that one.

I don't remember the 2 having personal issues with each other though, Halak just wanted to be a starter and was fighting Price for the spot. Canadians chose Price over Halak so Halak was gone. atleast thats what I remember

Minnesota is crazy if they trade for Brodeur. He's done.

Been done for at least the last three years. Maybe they're trying to drive down the asking price for Halak or another netminder.

@NicholsOnHockey

Matt Moulson reiterates to @BNHarrington that #Sabres had no talks w/ him on contract extension, although he would have been open to them.

NHL 2014 trade deadline matchmaker

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@NicholsOnHockey

Matt Moulson reiterates to @BNHarrington that #Sabres had no talks w/ him on contract extension, although he would have been open to them.

I like Moulson but it sounds like the Sabres/Murray have seen him as a trade chip exclusively. If the aforementioned LA talk is true, I think I'd be okay with that. Get what you can.

Been done for at least the last three years. Maybe they're trying to drive down the asking price for Halak or another netminder.

@NicholsOnHockey

Little shocking that the Sabres wouldn't even approach Moulson on his interest in an extension. Further reinforces that he was always considered a trade chip to flip to add to the Vanek trade return rather than a future piece of the rebuild.

I like Moulson. I really do. He is a good player and reminds me of a lesser Pominville type. Maybe in the offseason we will go after him but sadly we should trade him to LA before 3am tomorrow.

If we're not getting Toffoli, we should be talking to other teams. LA isn't stacked with young prospects we should want.

If we're not getting Toffoli, we should be talking to other teams. LA isn't stacked with young prospects we should want.

Agreed. Which is why I am glad that GMTM is taking a hard stance on Moulson for Toffoli. There aren't really any other top prospects worth my perceived value for Moulson. That and LA needs scoring badly.

The rumors of Philly talking big move for Kesler are heating up too. Intriguing...

I don't remember the 2 having personal issues with each other though, Halak just wanted to be a starter and was fighting Price for the spot. Canadians chose Price over Halak so Halak was gone. atleast thats what I remember

it just sounds like a move that would invite a media circus. That alone could be more disruptive than an actual player dispute.

C'mon Tim Murray! [encouraging yelling, not whining voice there]

Players I'd like to see gone (not because I don't like them, necessarily):

Halak, Moulson, Stewart, Tallinder, Stafford

Players I wouldn't mind seeing go in a completely redonkulous trade:

Ehrhoff, Weber, McBain

Players that are Mongos (only pawn in game of life):

McCormick, Konopka, Ellis, Sulzer

Edited by IKnowPhysics

@NicholsOnHockey

NHL 2014 trade deadline matchmaker

None of those suggested Sabres trades in the matchmaker article make any sense to me. If TM made any of those trades I would seriously question his intelligence. Thankfully, I am pretty sure he does not take trade advice from websites. :P

Agreed. Which is why I am glad that GMTM is taking a hard stance on Moulson for Toffoli. There aren't really any other top prospects worth my perceived value for Moulson. That and LA needs scoring badly.

The rumors of Philly talking big move for Kesler are heating up too. Intriguing...

Rumours are sabres are allowing teams to talk to moulson about a contract extension, so that should help with getting Toffoli.

Edited by Heimdall