• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod 1m

A little late on some Moulson/LA news... As @DennisTFP first reported, the Kings really want Moulson, but Sabres demands are Tyler Toffoli.

Nothing new from what you guys said above. Just another post about it.

IF true, Buffalo should throw in a little to sweeten the pot. Give them a 2nd.

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod 4m

Kings unlikely to give up Toffoli for Moulson, a pending UFA, but as @DennisTFP notes, they would consider it if Ehrhoff is in a larger deal

IF we were to do Moulson and Ehrhoff then I wouldn't be happy without Toffoli and one of Vey/Zykov.

Something like Moulson and Ehrhoff for Toffoli, Vey and Alec Martinez.

Edited by Tankalicious

Ehrhoff is a piece you use for a home run trade, not to acquire a promising former second-rounder who has yet to establish himself in the NHL.

Sure. Not just that promising player. Other pieces. But getting him and two other players could be a home run.

What does this board define as a home run trade? I'm assuming only guys like Eberle count?

Sure. Not just that promising player. Other pieces. But getting him and two other players could be a home run.

What does this board define as a home run trade? I'm assuming only guys like Eberle count?

Taylor Hall

Taylor Hall

You're not getting Taylor Hall for Ehrhoff. That's not even close. Maybe Ehrhoff, our first this year and one of our top prospects.

Look what it took to get Seguin who Boston was more inclined to move than Edmonton would be to move Hall.

Eriksson who was a very underrated player considering his consistent 70 point output (obviously having a terrible year but that doesn't factor into the trade), Joe Morrow (a top D prospect for Boston), Reilly Smith (a solid forward prospect who had shown he can score in the AHL) and Matt Fraser (same as Reilly Smith, solid prospect who has been performing at the AHL level).

Eriksson is about equal to Ehrhoff's value (going to get flamed for that), Morrow would be along the lines of McCabe, Smith would be somebody like Armia and Fraser is someone like Bailey.

So for somebody whose value is likely lower than Hall's you're looking at Ehrhoff, McCabe, Armia and Bailey.

Edited by Tankalicious

You're not getting Taylor Hall for Ehrhoff. That's not even close. Maybe Ehrhoff, our first this year and one of our top prospects.

Look what it took to get Seguin who Boston was more inclined to move than Edmonton would be to move Hall.

Eriksson who was a very underrated player considering his consistent 70 point output (obviously having a terrible year but that doesn't factor into the trade), Joe Morrow (a top D prospect for Boston), Reilly Smith (a solid forward prospect who had shown he can score in the AHL) and Matt Fraser (same as Reilly Smith, solid prospect who has been performing at the AHL level).

Eriksson is about equal to Ehrhoff's value (going to get flamed for that), Morrow would be along the lines of McCabe, Smith would be somebody like Armia and Fraser is someone like Bailey.

So for somebody whose value is likely lower than Hall's you're looking at Ehrhoff, McCabe, Armia and Bailey.

They also got a solid line third centre for that price though

...and by most accounts Dallas stole Seguin.

If by some miracle of god any of the Oilers top 3 became available (Hall, RNH, Eberle) your going to get into a real uncomfortable place right away.

Ehrhoff, Zhadorov, Girgensons

Any takers?

If by some miracle of god any of the Oilers top 3 became available (Hall, RNH, Eberle) you're going to get into a real uncomfortable place right away.

Ehrhoff, Zadorov, Girgensons

Any takers?

I think I consider if for Hall, but I wouldn't consider it for anybody else on that team. I'd probably say yes to the deal if it was Hall and the right to swap positions in the first round this year (thus basically guaranteeing us the first overall pick).

As far as Halak to Minny: I wonder what we're looking at for a return on him. If we could somehow get Mario Lucia or Johan Gustafsson in a deal for him then it's a steal.

Edited by Tankalicious

Dennis Bernstein@DennisTFP 3m

A little more intel on Kings-Sabres Moulson dance that sure to make Kings fans sweat.......

Dennis Bernstein@DennisTFP 1m

Kings top LW target is Matt Moulson. Sabres demand Tyler Toffoli in return. Kings could consider if Ehrhoff in deal and Kings would add too

Expand

Moulson + Ehrhoff for Toffoli + 2015 1st would be something I'd probably do.

They supposedly have been shopping Justin Williams who has one year left on his deal. Not the worst player in the world to acquire with a Toffoli and 1st round pick for next year.

You asked what the board thought would be a home run and I took the liberty of speaking for the board.

If by some miracle of god any of the Oilers top 3 became available (Hall, RNH, Eberle) your going to get into a real uncomfortable place right away.

Ehrhoff, Zhadorov, Girgensons

Any takers?

Not at that price. You are taking the only two untouchables from me. I think you are right though if you're talking to them it will get uncomfortable quickly.

Interesting write up on NHL page: NHL Site Trade Deadline Primer

Colorado Avalanche center Paul Stastny is in a similar situation as Callahan. The Denver Post reported over the weekend Stastny might be traded if he and the team can't agree on a new contract or at least make headway toward one before Wednesday.

The Avalanche are a playoff-bound team and are understandably leery about disrupting their chemistry, but they also don't want to lose Stastny for nothing in the offseason.

It's a bit more cut and dried with New York Islanders left wing Thomas Vanek, and Sabres forwards Matt Moulson and Chris Stewart.

The Islanders and Sabres are not playoff-bound this season. Vanek and Moulson are targeting big paydays when they hit the free-agent market on July 1. There will be no hometown discounts given, so it makes sense for them to be on the move before the deadline.

Stewart is signed through next season with a salary-cap charge of $4.15, but Buffalo GM Tim Murray might be intent on moving him for more future assets to help his rebuild.

The Los Angeles Kings have been the rumored destination for Vanek. It makes a lot of sense for Kings GM Dean Lombardi to try to get him.

Despite their 3-0 record since the NHL returned from the 2014 Sochi Olympics, the Kings are still 28th in the NHL with 2.32 goals per game. Vanek would give L.A.'s offense the jolt it needs similar to what Jeff Carter did for the Kings two years ago. Vanek has 44 points in 47 games with the Islanders and is coming off a three-point game in a loss to the Florida Panthers on Sunday.

The Kings, though, could also be targeting Moulson, who used to be part of the organization and is goalie Jonathan Quick's brother-in-law. However, Shero is never shy in these situations and he might want to get in on the Moulson sweepstakes.

Either way, Moulson appears to be in a good situation as a guy who could go play with his brother-in-law in L.A. or with Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh.

First Time I have heard of Pitts interest in Moulson.

Edited by Icehole

Dreger is stating Detroit interested in Erhoff but asking price too high. Sabres don't need to drop price, he is signed for a while and there is no immediate need to trade him unless they get what they want. Detroit will have to pony up say Tartar and a pick at least. Not seeing it happen.

If I am Buffalo and LA is actually interested,

Moulson, Ehrhoff, Conditional pick for Willie Mitchell, Tyler Toffoli, Valentin Zykov, Condtional pick.

Mitchell is an expiring 36yr old UFA. His 3.5mil in Salary is needed to make the money end work. Ehrhoff would be a big upgrade over him IMPO. Zykov and the Conditional Pick make it worth our time to dump Ehrhoff. Now that Conditional pick is tied to Moulson. If Moulson signs in LA or the make the conference finals, that is a 2015 first rounder and they get their 2015 2nd back. If that doesn't happen they get a 2014 3rd rounder we get their 2014 or 2015 2nd they got from the Leafs.

So bascially Mitchell is a cap dump. Ehrhoff nets you Zykov and a condional pick. Moulson nets you Toffoli and is part of that conditional pick.

Or we remove the condition from the pick and say

Ehrhoff, Moulson, your 2014 2nd for Toffoli, Zykov, Mitchell, and your 2014/ or 2015 first

Edited by LGR4GM

something has to happen today right? i just cant imagine murray heading into wednesday with all of these assets. going to be an interesting couple of days

I don't think anything will happen until tomorrow.

something has to happen today right? i just cant imagine murray heading into wednesday with all of these assets. going to be an interesting couple of days

Everyday is a day something can happen. You go out there, Tiger, and make something happen!

https://twitter.com/...838612049862656

lebrun_twitter_49669_bigger.jpgPierre LeBrunVerified account@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Interesting how most of the rentals have yet to be dealt. Last few years a number of them went earlier...The buyers want prices to come down

Earlier this AM, LeBrun seemed surprised that the rentals haven't moved off the board yet, and said that teams are waiting for the prices to come down. Seems counterintuitive though, no?

Edited by obstructedorangeseats

Everyday is a day something can happen. You go out there, Tiger, and make something happen!

thats what im talking about! i agree that i wouldnt expect a major trade from us today. but a little deal would make my day. man am i bored.