• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Is this team planning on holding on to any of their good players? Is Girgenson going to be on the next link I click on? This is starting to look like a 5 year rebuild. All of this trade talk is fun and exciting but when it's all over, and we look at the roster, reality is going to kick in BIG time. The hardest one to part with for me is going to be Miller. He has always been the one player to bring a ton of respect to this team and when he is gone, not only will Buffalo need a #1 Center, they will also need a #1 goalie. Not having a super star in this year's draft may be the most damaging part to this whole process.

I said this awhile ago that we don't see the playoffs for at least 3-5 years and I'm leaning more closer to 5. Unfortunately for Buffalo they will land a top 5 pick in a poor draft year this season. That's why I hate to say it but we need to be just as bad next year just to have a shot at McDavid. It will be interesting to see what Murray has in store this next week. It will really tell which way this team heads. I still think you need to have a couple of vets around to help the kids that is why I would like to keep Ott and Moulson unless some team offers up something that you can't pass up.

This song, if you can believe it, brings back extremely pleasant memories.

DMX gets nothing but love from inky.

Ah, yes, DMX...the greatest 'Wedding Crasher' of all-time!

The good teams have been eating long enough now, they need to stop being greedy...they need to keep it real with Tim Murray, and give to the needy!

Edited by Bob Malooga

Maybe we're all too smart to bother with this nonsense, but WTF is he talking about?

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/18482001.php?contentType=4&contentId=14787357

I can't read that. Jibber jabber crap trap from the sports talk guy for smart people. I'm not allowed to.

And I don't want to.

Maybe we're all too smart to bother with this nonsense, but WTF is he talking about?

Typically I love hypothetical trades, but after the 1st one which has been bounced around since last year, they become really strange plus Schopp's hatred for Myers shows up... gah

If anything I'd amend the first trade for realistic purposes and add 1 of the other 2nds we have as a part of our offering.

Miller + St.Louis's 2nd rounder for Rattie, Halak/Elliot and a 1st.

I do not want to trade Marcus Foligno, Brayden McNabb, Tyler Ennis or Tyler Myers. Those are 4 homegrown kids who will be our leaders in a couple years. I want to add some young competition to that group, that can push them and grow with them...Adam, Pysyk, Armia, Larsson, Girgensons, Grigorenko, Zadorov and Ristolainen is a good start. Add Reinhart or Bennett, and McDavid or Eichel to that group...that is a lot of talent to build a team with. Compliment that with possibly Prince and Rattie...and I am ecstatic with the prospects of the rebuild...and that doesn't even include Compher, McCabe, Hurley, etc.

Develop them however you see fit, and add/keep whatever veterans you need until they are ready. Then go from there...but, in my opinion, and "perfect world," that there is my "perfect" pool of talent of which I will rebuild this team with and around. Then you can get rid of whomever doesn't make the cut to fill the "core." I keep saying those are some of the names who will be on a cup someday if/when the Sabres win one.

(This is mainly a reaction to that article...if an elite top-6 player is coming back, I understand some talent has to go the other way. But those were weak trades with players I'd rather keep, and not much coming back.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

I don't think Adam falls into the group of young talent, and I don't think any of the first four names you mentioned have what it takes to be leaders. Foligno has the best qualities of a leader out of that group, but he hasn't really been remotely consistent.

Guys like Girgensons, Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe, Compher and Hodgson have the potential to be future leaders. Otherwise some leadership will come from some players who aren't in the system yet.

Edited by Tankalicious

That's some of the worst speculation I have seen in years. It's like the guy picked his head out of a tennis wardrobe catalog for a minute and scanned the internet for info on players...including the players on the Sabres. Either he thinks everyone is stupid and this is just something to meet a quota, or he highly over-rates his own intelligence. I think it's the latter, frankly. He's a wannabe intellectual.

They're desperate to replace some of the "fun" and "comedy" that Greg Bauch added to the show. Schopp has taken it on himself to attempt humor, and they have clearly ordered Bauch's replacement to chime in with pithy witticisms. And Schopp knows it's not the same. And he's been called a moron one too many times and sometimes I can hear the uncertainty in his voice, like the pressure to be entertaining and intelligent will be too much, he'll crack, and have a break-down on the air. God, I'd love to be listening when that happens.

Unfortunately, that station is a Buffalo Bills w.h.o.r.e., paid off to present the even the most mundance Bills-related stories and news. It is beyond boring some days. Except when I hear Schopp teetering on the edge of a break-down, then I hold my breath. One day it will happen.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Is this team planning on holding on to any of their good players? Is Girgenson going to be on the next link I click on? This is starting to look like a 5 year rebuild. All of this trade talk is fun and exciting but when it's all over, and we look at the roster, reality is going to kick in BIG time. The hardest one to part with for me is going to be Miller. He has always been the one player to bring a ton of respect to this team and when he is gone, not only will Buffalo need a #1 Center, they will also need a #1 goalie. Not having a super star in this year's draft may be the most damaging part to this whole process.

If we want a contender, given what the roster looks like right now, I almost think it has to be a 3-5 year rebuild. We could absolutely overpay a bunch of good-but-not-great UFAs, and trade our young assets for low-mid level top-6 forwards and top-4 D...but I think that leaves us right where we were after Black Sunday: fighting for 7th/8th and not much of a chance at a deep run.

If Myers goes anywhere it has to be somebody who has already played in and will play in a top six.

Trade Myers? First I've heard of it.

2 thoughts ........if it brings in young talent up front I'm good with that.

If Murray thinks Ekblad is the best player in the draft, he should pull the trigger. The blue line will be a crowded house in two years.

Trade Myers? First I've heard of it.

2 thoughts ........if it brings in young talent up front I'm good with that.

If Murray thinks Ekblad is the best player in the draft, he should pull the trigger. The blue line will be a crowded house in two years.

TSN.ca had a note about him yesterday on its trade center article from Darren Dreger: At the bottom of it almost as an afterthought...

Dreger:

In terms of Myers, there is considerable interest according to sources close to the Buffalo Sabres. But GM Tim Murray isn't trying to push this guy out the door. Is he available? Is he interested in moving him? Yes he is. We're looking at Toronto as potentially a fit, as would be the Anaheim Ducks. And the Colorado Avalanche are definitely looking for a defenceman. So there will be options, but come ready to pay a premium.

Being a "top scorer" on the worst roster in franchise history is not the distinction you are making it out to be.

Maybe, but Ennis and Hodgson... really, not unless you get two quality forwards back in return. I don't see how any of that idea works unless you get two #1s for each in the 2015 draft.

Being a "top scorer" on the worst roster in franchise history is not the distinction you are making it out to be.

Getting rid of the little talent that you do have on the team is not a step forward IMO. The team needs more than a bunch of prospects and future picks.

Getting rid of the little talent that you do have on the team is not a step forward IMO. The team needs more than a bunch of prospects and future picks.

If we take players like Ennis and add one of our stockpile of picks you could add a talented player that better fits the mold of what kind of player TM is looking for. Comes down to what exactly is TM looking for.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444838

In terms of Myers, there is considerable interest according to sources close to the Buffalo Sabres. But GM Tim Murray isn't trying to push this guy out the door. Is he available? Is he interested in moving him? Yes he is. We're looking at Toronto as potentially a fit, as would be the Anaheim Ducks. And the Colorado Avalanche are definitely looking for a defenceman. So there will be options, but come ready to pay a premium.

Not sure what to make of that but I could see Myers moved and I think if the return was great I would do it.

TSN.ca had a note about him yesterday on its trade center article from Darren Dreger: At the bottom of it almost as an afterthought...

Dreger:

Maybe, but Ennis and Hodgson... really, not unless you get two quality forwards back in return. I don't see how any of that idea works unless you get two #1s for each in the 2015 draft.

Didn't see this sorry for the repost.

If we take players like Ennis and add one of our stockpile of picks you could add a talented player that better fits the mold of what kind of player TM is looking for. Comes down to what exactly is TM looking for.

I agree. You could take Ennis and a 2nd and probably open a dialog with a team about one of their top prospects either still in juniors or more likely in the AHL. Those are the types of players Murray has indicated he wants. Young high end talent that just hasn't quite cracked an NHL lineup yet.

Edited by LGR4GM

@TSNBobMcKenzie

BUF GM Tim Murray is open to taking offers on virtually every player on his roster. Teams looking for D will be calling on Ehrhoff/Myers.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

There's no guarantee he'll be traded, but BUF asked Christian Ehrhoff for list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded to (per his NTC).

2/28 Darren Dreger on WGR <12:28>

@TSNBobMcKenzie

BUF GM Tim Murray is open to taking offers on virtually every player on his roster. Teams looking for D will be calling on Ehrhoff/Myers.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

There's no guarantee he'll be traded, but BUF asked Christian Ehrhoff for list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded to (per his NTC).

2/28 Darren Dreger on WGR <12:28>

Everytime I see your name as the last post I get a little more excited that something has gone down! Keep up the good work on those tweets Corner (especially for those of us without twitter accounts/experience).

Dreger seems to be indicating that Moulson is #1 on the LA Kings list. Ott's asking price is 1st rnd pick and good/top prospect. Ryan Miller is in the softest goalie market. Tyler Myers could be traded to Colorado because Ryan O'Reilly talks have gone no where for the Avalanche. Finally, Zemgus Girgensons is indeed on the no touchy list.