GDT: Calgary at Buffalo 12-14-13 at 2:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

131459917_slide.jpg

CGY (12-15-4) at BUF (7-23-2) – SAT DEC 14 – 2:00 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 82 Marcus Foligno – 21 Drew Stafford

23 Ville Leino – 37 Matt Ellis – 27 Matt D'Agostini

32 John Scott – 8 Cody McCormick – 65 Brian Flynn

X: 19 Cody Hodgson (LBI), 72 Luke Adam (healthy)

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 4 Jamie McBain

6 Mike Weber – 44 Brayden McNabb

X: 3 Mark Pysyk (healthy)

1 Jhonas Enroth

30 Ryan Miller

Lineup News & Notes

D Brayden McNabb (healthy) and C Cody Hodgson (LBI) were scratches in Thursday's 2-1 loss to Ottawa.

D Alexander Sulzer (undisclosed) has resumed practicing, but remains on injured reserve.

Weekly Transactions

12/8: Loaned F Mikhail Grigorenko to the Russian WJC Team.

12/14: Recalled F Matt Ellis from Rochester (AHL)

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games Buffalo has gone 2-7-1. Tyler Ennis has three goals and one assist in the past four games.

Calgary Flames

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

13 Mike Cammalleri ("A") – 18 Matt Stajan – 22 Lee Stempniak

20 Curtis Glencross ("A") – 23 Sean Monahan – 24 Jiri Hudler

32 Paul Byron – 11 Mikael Backlund – 54 David Jones

17 Lance Bouma – 8 Joe Colborne – 16 Brian McGrattan

X: 19 Blair Jones (healthy), 39 T. J. Galiardi (back)

3 Ladislav Smid – 5 Mark Giordano ("C")

4 Kris Russell – 7 T. J.Brodie

44 Chris Butler – 55 Shane O'Brien

X: 43 Christopher Breen (healthy)

31 Karri Ramo

29 Reto Berra

Lineup News & Notes

Calgary scratched D Christopher Breen and C Blair Jones in Thursday's 2-1 OTW vs the Hurricanes.

C Sean Monahan (foot) returns to the lineup today while D Dennis Wideman (hand) remains on I-R.

Weekly Transactions

12/9: Assigned D Derek Smith to Abbotsford (AHL)

12/11: Reassigned LW Lane MacDermid to Abbotsford (AHL)

12/12: Assigned LW Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford (AHL)

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 Games Calgary is 5-4-1. The Flames have given up just nine goals in the past six games.

Karri Ramo has won three of his past four starts for the Flames, allowing just one goal in each victory.

PREGAME LINKS

Flames go for two straight since front-office shakeup

Game Preview: 12/14/13 vs. Calgary Flames

Flames at Sabres Game Notes PDF

BEYOND THE BOARDS: HODGSON MISSES PRACTICE

Brian Burke addresses the media regarding the announcement of relieving Jay Feaster and John Weisbrod

Dan Dunleavy recaps Friday's practice at First Niagara Center

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Friday's practice at First Niagara Center

Matt Ellis scores Amerks’ shootout winner in ‘Frozen Frontier,’ earns recall to Sabres

MATT ELLIS RECALLED FROM ROCHESTER

Press Clips: 12/14/13 vs Calgary Flames

Morning Skate Report: Flames vs. Sabres

Paul Byron talks about his confidence and playing against his former team

Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Flames at First Niagara Center

Matt Ellis speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Flames at First Niagara Center

POSTGAME LINKS

GAME RECAP: SABRES FALL TO FLAMES IN OVERTIME

NOTEBOOK: AFTER OUTDOOR WIN, ELLIS EARNS CALL TO BUFFALO

Dan Dunleavy recaps Saturday's 2-1 overtime loss to the Flames

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 overtime loss to the Flames

Henrik Tallinder speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 overtime loss to the Flames

rian Flynn speaks with Brian Duff and Mike Robitaille following the Sabres 2-1 overtime loss to the Flames

Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 overtime loss against the Flames

Paul Byron has three assists in six games this year including setting up the game winner to Chris Butler last game. Looked them up out of curiousity...

Butler is 16th in scoring with 6 pts Byron is 18th with 3. Butler also "leads" the team with a -15.

For anybody outside of BFLO that has AT&T U-Verse, I believe this is an NHL Network game so you won't get the broadcast. AT&T's refusal to air NHL Network, Al Jazeera and also carry Center Ice is seriously making me consider switching to Direct TV.

Are you sure this is an NHLN game? My guide says Ottawa/LA.

I'll interpret this as, Monahan isn't playing, would have been nice to see the kid many posters thought so highly of predraft. He's having a good season.

When it turned out we were picking 8th, I figured our best case scenario was either Monahan or Lindholm inexplicably slipping a few spots to us. It was a long shot but Forsberg fell a bunch of spots the previous year, all the way to 11th (unfortunately, we were drafting 12th).

According to Twitter, this will be Game #4 for the Turdburgers.

Had tickets today, but gave them away, I decided to skip the mess that is the buffalo sabres.... I'll prolly end up hitting the rink and skating a bit, grab a nice lunch, go see the hobbit movie, etc...

With that said these teams both kind of stink, I can't imagine today's game being all that exciting.

@SNRobKerr

Talking to Coach Hartley all he would confirm is that @RamoKarri starts. Says he will make some line up changes for today.

Paul Byron has three assists in six games this year including setting up the game winner to Chris Butler last game. Looked them up out of curiousity...

Butler is 16th in scoring with 6 pts Byron is 18th with 3. Butler also "leads" the team with a -15.

Chris Butler's shot has eyes for OT winner

It's the NHL Network Alternate Game for U.S. certain markets. Which markets I don't know, but It's Channel 215-1 on DirecTV.

Typically the alternate game is only shown in the markets of the 2 teams that are playing. Since Otters don't have a US market, the Sabres should only be on NHL Network in greater LA.

@BuffaloSabres

Miller has a day off today, #Sabres Interim Coach Ted Nolan says. Enroth starts vs. Calgary. #GameDay

Typically the alternate game is only shown in the markets of the 2 teams that are playing. Since Otters don't have a US market, the Sabres should only be on NHL Network in greater LA.

Make sense to me. Thanks.

@BillHoppeNHL

Brayden McNabb back in, Mark Pysyk probably out. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres

Hodgson will be a game time decision. McNabb back in the lineup, Nolan says. #Sabres

Archived