GDT - ST LOUIS @ BUFFALO 11/19/13 7pm

inkman

Your #2 center cannot disappear in the playoffs.

It's easier to not disappear when you're second banana playing in more favorable situations and against lesser defensive pairings. And how many playoff series did Roy play as our 1a/1b? One? You can't count the Philly series where he played game 7. I could find a series where plenty of guys disappeared. Hell, Crosby and Malkin combined for 0 points against Boston last year. They disappeared. Does that change their stature as players in the league? Roy performed quite well in the playoffs as a young player.

There's nothing gay about a woman-tunnel. Unless it's two woman-tunnels... excuse me for a moment. ;)

It's the only way into her woman-tunnel.

You let girls into your man-cave?

there are posted rules on the door to the man-cave. She accepts them. Given her taking a liking to the Sabres and Bills, I'm allowing it, especially given her work schedule and the fact that I only get to see her a couple nights/days of the week.

She wants a Kiko Alonso and/or a Steve Ott jersey. I'm doing something right lol.

In regards to the game...I'm curious to see how they play somebody other than the Leafs under Nolan, as we always seem to * :sick: * "up our compete" against them.

Not me. I think it's pretty weak for not accepting responsibility and making excuses for his lousy play before the injury. He was downright awful and he should say so.

I'll be honest that I haven't followed the team that closely early in the season since they've been so unenjoyable to watch and didn't know about the excuse-making, which is weak sauce. But, I'm still interested to see how different players respond under Nolan's leadership vs. Rolston's.

there are posted rules on the door to the man-cave. She accepts them. Given her taking a liking to the Sabres and Bills, I'm allowing it, especially given her work schedule and the fact that I only get to see her a couple nights/days of the week.

She wants a Kiko Alonso and/or a Steve Ott jersey. I'm doing something right lol.

In regards to the game...I'm curious to see how they play somebody other than the Leafs under Nolan, as we always seem to * :sick: * "up our compete" against them.

Alonso is dreamy.

I'll be honest that I haven't followed the team that closely early in the season since they've been so unenjoyable to watch and didn't know about the excuse-making, which is weak sauce. But, I'm still interested to see how different players respond under Nolan's leadership vs. Rolston's.

Listen to his interview and you'll hear it for yourself. At any rate, we'll see if he's any better, but I'm not optimistic about any significant improvement in Weber's play. We shall see.

There's nothing gay about a woman-tunnel. Unless it's two woman-tunnels... excuse me for a moment. ;)

there are posted rules on the door to the man-cave. She accepts them. Given her taking a liking to the Sabres and Bills, I'm allowing it

Not sure if you remember it, but the SO GAY reference goes back to the Simpsons episode where Lisa briefly dates the tough kid (Nelson). His minions find the two of them kissing and one of them yells, "You're kissing a girl? That's SO GAY!" One of my favorite lines from the entire run of the series.

1) What are the rules?

2) Sucks you only get to see her a couple of nights a week, I know exactly what that is like. Congrats on her liking the Sabres though, I am still working on mine... she is at least enthusiastic about letting me watch the games.

Weber looked like a legitimate 5D last year, and like an AHLer this year.

He does seem like Teddy's kinda guy - if Pysyk is Shannon, maybe Mikey can be the Boogie Man.

I noticed a little something today in Nolan's interview.....he was heaping praise on past players and went 6 or 7 deep without hitting Boughner. Now....either they had a tift, OR....could the Boogie-Man be in contention for an assistant gig in the near future and Teddy didn't want to drop the name????

I really like Nolan's honesty as a coach. Its just seems to me he has a fire that burns continuously. I would be totally fine if Patty said hey I can be a GM and we kept Nolan for the long haul, even with a new gm I would hope he at least considers him. Patty has faith in Nolan for a reason and for once I trust what the Sabres are doing. Consistency is the number one goal here! Lets Go Buffalo

Well, one of my big arguments against Regier was the toxic atmosphere the kids were introduced into. The atmosphere is going to be better now, so on principle I should want the kids still here, I guess. But I am more than delighted that apparently grown-hockey men are at the wheel. Terry-Ted-Cliff-Ken endorsed the plan to play the kids (flat management structure, no emperor, etc.), so such an abrupt about-face is surely evidence that this is the way LaLa and TN want to do it. I am happy.

I really like Nolan's honesty as a coach. Its just seems to me he has a fire that burns continuously. I would be totally fine if Patty said hey I can be a GM and we kept Nolan for the long haul, even with a new gm I would hope he at least considers him. Patty has faith in Nolan for a reason and for once I trust what the Sabres are doing. Consistency is the number one goal here! Lets Go Buffalo

I have to believe the new GM will be told he's inheriting Nolan. Just a hunch.

1) What are the rules?

2) Sucks you only get to see her a couple of nights a week, I know exactly what that is like. Congrats on her liking the Sabres though, I am still working on mine... she is at least enthusiastic about letting me watch the games.

it's actually a Sabres man-cave rules thing she got me for my birthday from Laux or some other sports store out in Buffalo when we were there. it's kind of funny.

and D4rk...I will never stop hating Roy either.

Archived