OT- Buffalo Hotels for a Sabres game

inkman

Soooo, I got Sabres ticket for my birthday a while back and we've decided to make a night of it and stay overnight. I've been looking online without anything swaying me one way or the other (although the Adams Mark reviews are quite scathing). So, what places would you guys recommend and why?

Soooo, I got Sabres ticket for my birthday a while back and we've decided to make a night of it and stay overnight. I've been looking online without anything swaying me one way or the other (although the Adams Mark reviews are quite scathing). So, what places would you guys recommend and why?

Les Chz des la Trois

My recommendations are two-fold:

Embassy Suites, especially if you're partial to staying where the away team stays.

Hampton Inn, which is just down the road from the Embassy, and is a solid brand on the corner of Delaware and Chippewa.

I would also vote Hampton unless you have need for other amenities besides a comfortable, secure place to stay and definitely stay away from Adam's Mark.

Besides you can find everything else on the Chippewa strip without needing to get in a car.

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn many times and it's a solid pick in a convenient area. Just around the corner (practically) is Comfort Suites Downtown at 601 Main St, which was also very nice and surprisingly affordable given its location.

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn many times and it's a solid pick in a convenient area. Just around the corner (practically) is Comfort Suites Downtown at 601 Main St, which was also very nice and surprisingly affordable given its location.

I just stayed last weekend at the Comfort Suites. $ 64 a night through Hotwire....Nice place, huge rooms, but really just empty space.

I usually stay at the Embassy Suites, without a doubt nicer than the Comfort, but also quite a bit more $$$$.

Eleven look for a PM from me next time LOL

THG Lafayette sounds great...need to look at that

This one is slightly related to a request I just got. The wife's cousin emailed me this morning saying he's in Buffalo on business today and was asking me about the Elmwood Ave. area. How sad is it that I can't really tell him a thing? I've been gone far too long.

It's changed a great, great deal. I still live in the area and would be hard-pressed to make a recommendation.

This one is slightly related to a request I just got. The wife's cousin emailed me this morning saying he's in Buffalo on business today and was asking me about the Elmwood Ave. area. How sad is it that I can't really tell him a thing? I've been gone far too long.

How old is he and what is he into?

Early 40s. My guess is he's just looking for food recommendations as I can't picture he'd be there very long for business.

The food menu at Blue Monk is limited, but pretty good. Beer selection is fantastic. It might be a little too "bar" for some people, it's kinda loud. The Thai place near Spot (Blue something, maybe?) is pretty good too (although I haven't been there in a year or two).

I stayed in the DoubleTree downtown near Roswell last month and would recommend it -- good rooms, good price, short walk to Gabriel's Gate plus some other good spots and a longer (but still pleasant and reasonably picturesque) walk to Blue Monk and other spots.

The food menu at Blue Monk is limited, but pretty good. Beer selection is fantastic. It might be a little too "bar" for some people, it's kinda loud. The Thai place near Spot (Blue something, maybe?) is pretty good too (although I haven't been there in a year or two).

Blue Monk is where I'd send him.

Archived