WildCard

How much will the Sabres get in return for trading these players?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the best return if traded?

• Ott
    • Miller
    • Ehrhoff
    • Moulson
    • Stafford
    • Myers
    • Ennis
  2. 2. Who do you want to see traded?

• Ott
    • Miller
    • Ehrhoff
    • Moulson
    • Stafford
    • Other
    • Nobody
  3. 3. Preference for return

• All high picks (Early1st & 2nd)
    • High level prospects
    • Mid-level prospects and draft picks
    • Veteran players
    • Veteran players and draft picks
    • Veteran players and prospects

There's no doubt Darcy's not done trading away our bigger names to rebuild, and with Vanek/Pommers getting good-great returns for their worth, I was curious to see what our big names left for trade bait will fetch.

Discuss

(First thread/poll, not sure if I did it right)

Players I'd like to see leave:

Miller : (I love you, but its time to move on) probably alone worth a 2nd rounder or maybe a 2015 1st rounder in the right situation. (Probably worth more if packaged)

Stafford : varying on how he plays, a 2nd rounder at the deadline or 3rd rounder beforehand.

Guys I'd like to keep:

Ott: I do think we could turn him into a 1st rounder at the deadline regardless how he's playing.

Moulson: if he's not Tavares needy and he keeps playing hard, sign him. If not he could fetch a 1st rounder this year or next year.

Ehrhoff: only vet defenseman worth anything (Tallinder shows flashes occasionally)could fetch a 1st rounder plus something if dealt correctly.

Others:

Tallinder: Deadline Depth D-man, at best a 3rd rounder.

Sulzer: Deadline Depth D-man, at best a 3rd rounder. (Would vary if he actually plays) (If he never comes up though at best a 4th)

McBain: Depending on his season he could be worth a 1st down to a 4th. A 1st if he plays like his rookie year, a 4th if like last year.

Guys I'd like to keep:

Ott: I do think we could turn him into a 1st rounder at the deadline regardless how he's playing.

Moulson: if he's not Tavares needy and he keeps playing hard, sign him. If not he could fetch a 1st rounder this year or next year.

Ehrhoff: only vet defenseman worth anything (Tallinder shows flashes occasionally)could fetch a 1st rounder plus something if dealt correctly.

I'd love to keep the Hoff here to help groom the young'ins, but I could send Ott out of here in a heartbeat. He just seems lack-luster and expendable, and whenever I watch the games I'm way more impressed with Foligno doing what Ott should be doing anyways.

Moulson would be great to keep; have a vet. scoring winger to help take off the pressure of the bottom lines. That's assuming he's going to resign here, and if he's not then you have to trade him and I think he'll get the most return back

Need an option for who to trade, ie none. Or Other.. Hodsgon and Myers should be on the list. Not saying I would choose them, buy they are players with some value.

I added other and nobody, as well as Myers and Ennis, but I left of Hodgson cause I don't think he's going anywhere. He's their guy to build around...sorta. He just signed a contract extension and he's a young 1st-2nd line center, he's staying

WADR, I don't think there is any question 25-minute per night defensemen with affordable cap hits (e.g., $4 million) are the most in-demand players in this league (short of the Crosby, Malkin types). Speaking hypothetically, The Hoff would probably give us the best return. Myers would probably give a good haul as well due to his age, although his cap hit is prohibitive.

WADR, I don't think there is any question 25-minute per night defensemen with affordable cap hits (e.g., $4 million) are the most in-demand players in this league (short of the Crosby, Malkin types). Speaking hypothetically, The Hoff would probably give us the best return. Myers would probably give a good haul as well due to his age, although his cap hit is prohibitive.

Not to a team near or at the floor.

The Hoff gets the best return, no doubt about it, because he's locked up long-term at what is now a reasonable price. I hope he is not traded.

I am sick of draft picks. I want high-level prospects who can play next season.

On principle I'd trade anyone over 25 that can get us someone under 23 who can be an NHL player, but Ehrhoff would be a tough sell.

Unless they are willing to sign on below market value, Miller, Ott and Moulson have to go - their value to the franchise as trade bait demands it. I'll take my chances on signing or trading for veteran replacements in the summer.

Tallinder, and Stafford should be dealt, if we can find takers, and Patrick Kaleta's time could be done too, depending on what we get from Tropp prior to the trade deadline.

Younger kids and picks are also on the table, but only for better kids or picks.

The Hoff gets the best return, no doubt about it, because he's locked up long-term at what is now a reasonable price. I hope he is not traded.

On principle I'd trade anyone over 25 that can get us someone under 23 who can be an NHL player, but Ehrhoff would be a tough sell.

I'm not sure I can see him being traded. We lose him, and Tallinder (if he's dealt or walks through UFA) then who do we have left to teach Risto and Zadorov? Weber? You could put a girl with daddy-issues on skates and she'd be harder to score on :P

All. Of. This.

Who would do Ehrhoff and Miller for Yakupov, a first and a second?

I'd do that only because the Oilers are probably picking in the top five again this year. So you get a number 1 overall pick, a top five overall and a second. But it'd take a CRAZY deal like that for me to move Ehrhoff.

I wonder if we see Ott or Miller end up on the Oilers. I don't know what if would take but they need some gritty wingers and goaltending and defense. I feel like the Sabres have all of those things and a blockbuster of a deal could be worked out involving Ott, Miller, Defender for Winger Winger pick.

I wonder if we see Ott or Miller end up on the Oilers. I don't know what if would take but they need some gritty wingers and goaltending and defense. I feel like the Sabres have all of those things and a blockbuster of a deal could be worked out involving Ott, Miller, Defender for Winger Winger pick.

The Miller to the Oilers talks have already been talked about, and have likely left the station. Miller doesn't want to go there. They're the third worst team in the league, so he'd be smart to hold out for something better.

Ott could be somebody they're interested in, though. And I could see Ott staying there long-term to be with a young, truly talented team like that.

Who would do Ehrhoff and Miller for Yakupov, a first and a second?

I'd take that, provided the 1st comes in 2015. Though I'd rather have Yakupov, another prospect, and a 2nd. Problem is, with Nurse playing (and off-limits I'd guess), Shultz graduating and a d-man, the best prospect reported in their system is Jujhar Khaira-a bottom-six forward

A lot of talk about how people want prospects seeing as we've stockpiled picks. I know last year we took two strong guys away from one of the deepest systems in Minnesota, and from what I've read we have one of the deepest pools now. If we are going for prospects, where're we aiming? You can never have enough centers, but I would like some wingers with Moulson most likely leaving and the only other high scoring threats on the wings being Armia, potentially, and Ennis

The Miller to the Oilers talks have already been talked about, and have likely left the station. Miller doesn't want to go there. They're the third worst team in the league, so he'd be smart to hold out for something better.

They're the third worst team in the league because of they're goalies and d-men. They lead the league in GA total at 54, and they're starting goalie has a save percentage of .878%. Shultz, supposedly they're best d-prospect, besides Nurse, is a -10, on pace to demolish his -17 of last year. If he is as good as they say he is, maybe he needs some guidance from an ehrhoff, or just better goaltending behind him.

Either way I think you're right about Miller not wanting to go there, so I'm not sure it even matters

Enough of the draft picks. We need some veteran forwards that can help this team now, and for the next 4-5 years. You can't completely rebuild a team without a few veterans.

I'll take some prospects. Might as well tank and get the real franchise player next draft, too.

I just don't see Miller getting us much although I think at this point he is done here. Anaheim has four goalies and is looking to trade FA to be Hiller. He has similar numbers to Miller but would come much cheaper.

I think Molson would get us the greatest return. If we can expect that kind of play from the other night I think he is the kind of veteran leadership we need. Resign Ott and the two of them would serve as good examples for the younger players.

I'd do that only because the Oilers are probably picking in the top five again this year. So you get a number 1 overall pick, a top five overall and a second. But it'd take a CRAZY deal like that for me to move Ehrhoff.

Indeed at top 2 D signed at 4 mill a season is a steal for any team, so they'd have to overpay to get him away from us.

If any of our top D goes its Myers.

I'll take some prospects. Might as well tank and get the real franchise player next draft, too.

Sabres need to keep Ott, Ehrhoff and Moulson going forward. Of course that is dependent on re-signing. I also think they need to add one more quality veteran forward. Do the rest in the draft, find out where the holes are and go to free agency to fill them in.

Then the next question is, would the Oilers make that deal?

It certainly makes their team better this year and addresses their biggest weaknesses with two excellent players.

Youthful talent is certainly something they can afford to give up.

Archived