GDT: Boston at Buffalo 10-23-13 at 8:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

A year that Buffalo is so difficult to watch and again, on somewhat national TV .... watching it w/ Bruins fans, just HOPING Buffalo shows some hard work. Let's hope Boston's mind is on the Sox or a REAL opponent for them tomorrow vs. San Jose.

go sabres ...

I hope people start the fire Darcy chant. This team I believe is the worst in franchise history and once Vanek and Miller goes it's going to get much worse. Darcy should be scouting the AHL for players that were bubble players on there current team that just might need a new start with a different team. Sometimes these guys pan out without giving up much.

More people need to chant. It's too easy for the "braintrust" to conclude it's a very small minority of people chanting. We've talked about the science of booing — to me, those chants don't sound like more than a couple hundred people.

New post:

Another NBC game? Is that five so far?

Get up this morning and see some Rivals show recorded last night on NBC Sports...and it is a 30 minute show on the Sabres-Bruins rivalry . Pretty good, and I get all fired up for the game tonight.

Then I read where the backup goalie brigade is starting tonight with the Bruins playing their backup, and it' hits me square in da face again how bad the Sabres really are....

Anyways, I will still watch and root,root, root fortune home team

Why does Ron refuse to mix a few of the rookies in with the vets?

What about Girgs on the first line, Larsson with Ennis and Foligno, Grigs with Ott and Stafford?

This status quo thinking as the losses pile up is starting to annoy me.

I tried desperately to sell these tickets (and they are good ones) for waaayyyyy less than face falue and failed. Then I decided I would just go by myself because it doesn't even seem like a social kind of evening. Going with Papa Bear so at least I can get some positive family time out of it. I hope you're happy Terry because you have turned the feelings of most die hard of fans to that of apathy.

More people need to chant. It's too easy for the "braintrust" to conclude it's a very small minority of people chanting. We've talked about the science of booing — to me, those chants don't sound like more than a couple hundred people.

New post:

Another NBC game? Is that five so far?

I'm watching the situation closely. I gots me an idea to go a little..."Quebec Nordiques" on this. I just need to feel out when the absolute best time to do this is, and be at the game.

I'm watching the situation closely. I gots me an idea to go a little..."Quebec Nordiques" on this. I just need to feel out when the absolute best time to do this is, and be at the game.

You're going to bring a trumpet?

Please don't convince the team to fire Darcy. Not yet. Let's tank the season first.

No; I don't want Darcy in charge of in-season trades.

What about Girgs on the first line, Larsson with Ennis and Foligno, Grigs with Ott and Stafford?

It is because we have some vague idea of how things will pan out or in this case how Darcy and Ron want them to pan out. Unrealistic expectations.

Also DREW STAFFORD!

Can we stop playing on NBC...

Beat the Bruin turds because I hate them. Also their backup goalie should be beatable.

I don't get it, but it seems like Buffalo Teams just don't perform well when playing in front of a National Audience. The Sabres haven't been too bad until recently (Right now they don't perform well infront of anybody), but I hear bills fans complain about not getting more Prime Time games, but I can't seem to remember a game (except for the Cowboys Monday Nighter in Buffalo over 5 years ago) where tehy have looked good playing in a National game

This is the first of the only 5 games I want to win this season.

Wait, when did you get on board with the idea of tanking? Serious question.

If you think that's bad, do yourself a favor and don't look at the zone start data.

I don't get it, but it seems like Buffalo Teams just don't perform well when playing in front of a National Audience. The Sabres haven't been too bad until recently (Right now they don't perform well infront of anybody), but I hear bills fans complain about not getting more Prime Time games, but I can't seem to remember a game (except for the Cowboys Monday Nighter in Buffalo over 5 years ago) where tehy have looked good playing in a National game

I have two theories: someone thought the Sabres were going to be a surprise this year (not likely) and Buffalo fans are always good for ratings, or they want the "cool" teams (not Buffalo) to win on the national games.

Archived