Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

J20 SuperElite Sweden

David Pastrnak RW Södertälje 0G 0A -3 +/-

Adrian Kempe LW MODO 0G 0A +2 +/-

MODO Defeat Södertälje 5-0 and take 1 game to 0 lead in best of 3 in quarter finals

Jonas Johansson G Brynäs 31SHA 2GA

Oskar Lindblom LW Brynäs 0G 0A +1 +/-

Brynäs defeats Leksands IF 3-2 and take 1 game to 0 lead in best of 3 quarter finals

The whole exceptional player thing is what has me most curious about Ekblad. No matter where he winds up I'll be very curious to see how that career goes. I want to see if this really is a label that has you on the path to the Hall of Fame or if they are going to get a bit to liberal with it. We really don't have much to look at so far, but Tavares is definitely on the right track (as long as the knee doesn't cause too many issues).

I agree with this. Basically the kid was identified as a superstar very early in his career and to have him reach the NHL as a potential first overall pick that does tell you something. I want Buffalo to go forward but I'm also not buying this talk that he's only dominating the OHL because he's physically larger than the majority of the players. The kid has an unbelievable shot that has nothing to do with his size.

Assuming Blues make the Conference Finals the Sabres stand to have the following picks if the season ended today and they win the lottery

1) If New York Islanders defer - 4 picks in top 40

1st, 28th-30th (from St.Louis), 31st, 39th (from Winnipeg)

2) If New York Islanders do not defer - 5 picks in top 40

1st, 4th, 28th to 30 (from St.Louis), 31st and 39th (from Winnipeg)

If we draft Ekblad without any moves (before or after the pick) to acquire some high-end forward prospects, I'm going to lose it. He may be the consensus top prospect, but he's not #1 by so much that we should ignore the complete lack of first line talent in the system.

Yup. Especially since we forwent forwards in the first round last year.

March 26th Recap late 1st / Early 2nd Round Prospects

WHL

Chase De Leo C Portland 1G 0A +2 +/- in 6-1 victory over Vancouver

Winterhawks wins the best of 7 series 4-0.

Ends series 4GP 1G 1A +2 +/-

John Quenneville C Brandon 0G 3A +4 +/- in 5-4 win over Regina

Wheat Kings lead 7 game series 3 games to 0

Brycen Martin D Swift Current 0G 1A +1 +/- in 3-2 O/T victory over Medicine Hat

Series tied 2 -2*

note: Draisaitl's Play-offs end with 4-0 series loss vs Oil Kings - 4GP 1G 2A +1 +/-

I'm still not sold on Reinhart, he's just too small for me. 6'1'' isn't terrible, but he doesn't really fit the model of 11 forwards at 6'4''+. We'd be better off poaching from the NFL draft and throwing skates on them, someone like Clowney would do

I'm still not sold on Reinhart, he's just too small for me. 6'1'' isn't terrible, but he doesn't really fit the model of 11 forwards at 6'4''+. We'd be better off poaching from the NFL draft and throwing skates on them, someone like Clowney would do

Is Weber 6'4"? think he's played some LW?

In case anybody didn't notice: Tonight's loss officially clinched a top five pick in the NHL draft. The next loss in any fashion or next point by the Islanders clinches a top four pick!

If Ekblad goes in the top five then we're guaranteed to get one of Reinhart, Bennett, Dal Colle or Draisaitl. Those guys are pretty much the consensus top four forwards with Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen and Ehlers sneaking in right behind.

Edited by Tankalicious

I would love to have the Islanders let us use their pick this year I just don't see it happening though. I would love 2 picks in the top 5. I just think they will make a move or two to better the team plus they have a lot of young guys coming. I just think they land in the 8-14 range next year.

I agree that the Islanders don't give us the 14 pick. I don't see them making it out of the 5 to 10 slot next season though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.