A confession

DR HOLLIDAY

I haven't watched a single second of Sabre hockey this year. Usually I post a lot during in game threads when I am watching the game. I live in Stoney Creek Ontario, I can't watch many games unless I pay for the sports pack that my cable package has. It costs close to 40 dollars a month to watch the Sabres and right now I would rather spend that money on Beer and video games or presents for my kids. I also usually bring my family of 4 to three or four games a year. I won't be doing that this year, unless my kids really starting complaining, lol. I have been a Sabre fan since I was 4 years old and at that time I thought Buffalo was a part of Canada, no joke.

I hope to get my fire reignited at some point in the next year or two. Its really strange for me not to care about them at all right now, I feel really bad about it, but its really how I feel right now.

We all gotta make life decisions concerning money, especially if you have kids. It's understandable. I couldn't afford Center Ice in grad school, so I could rarely watch, but I stayed current with the news.

As long as I've had the means, I've tried to watch every single game. I do feel a little bit of pride knowing that when we return to glory, I can say I got to watch the whole thing burn to the ground and then rise from the ashes.

You buy your kids beer & video games? Damn I gotta talk to MY dad.

LOL, I do buy video games for my kids, but the beer is mine....... :beer:

We all gotta make life decisions concerning money, especially if you have kids. It's understandable. I couldn't afford Center Ice in grad school, so I could rarely watch, but I stayed current with the news.

As long as I've had the means, I've tried to watch every single game. I do feel a little bit of pride knowing that when we return to glory, I can say I got to watch the whole thing burn to the ground and then rise from the ashes.

You are right about that, I might have to do it alone for that reason.

I used to watch the Sabres online through illegal sites for free. I can't justify the risk anymore.

I used to listen to games and commentary on WGR for free. It depresses me now.

I used to stay up past my bedtime to watch highlights on the news for free. Now, I just sleep.

I often wonder what my allotted time on Earth is worth.

Still, I'd be willing to spend $5 per game to watch them from the 100's this season, if someone paid for my gas to and from the arena.

I promise not to boo.

#FillTheEmpties

I envy your ability to look at the situation so rationally. I envy even more your ability to make the sane and mature decision when looking at it through your rational point of view.

I've tried, and will keep trying, to look at the bigger picture and be dispassionate about the team for the next few years. I can't stop watching, and it takes about three minutes into every game before I damn the torpedoes of rational thought and start yelling at the TV (and also the television... See what I did there?) like anybody can hear me.

This is going to be a loooooooooong few years for myself and the many of you in my boat....

The way I go about it: even if I have access to my television to watch the games, I don't. I watch online on streaming websites so I don't contribute to the tv ratings. I won't help the team in any way until there's a turn around. I still watch, but basically in my trenchcoat and sunglasses from the corner of a smoky room.

Buffalo has become a suburb of Toronto, thought at one time it was the other way around. I spent so much time up in the Parry Sound area as a kid, it was really weird when they required us all to get passports. Still think that idea is stupid. I talked to a passport agent about it at one point before I left DC and they kept stating Canada was an overseas country and a foreign country and all I could do was laugh... Really, there are certain bureaucrats that are really clueless, but I digress. I suppose it is best both countries keep separate. Neither could stand each others governments or problems and that would be the focus, not what each brought to the table like the beer from Canada :), or the wings and Beef on Weck from Buffalo.

i don't really know what there is to talk about on ths thread. he doesn't watch them because they suck and there is zero light at the end of the tunnel with darcy as gm. i've watched a little because it's been free but when that's over, i'll be done too. unless i poach the games from one of those sketchy sites which, frankly, i am sure i won't even bother because i am already sick to death of them. and i remember season 1...

I haven't watched a single second of Sabre hockey this year. Usually I post a lot during in game threads when I am watching the game. I live in Stoney Creek Ontario, I can't watch many games unless I pay for the sports pack that my cable package has. It costs close to 40 dollars a month to watch the Sabres and right now I would rather spend that money on Beer and video games or presents for my kids. I also usually bring my family of 4 to three or four games a year. I won't be doing that this year, unless my kids really starting complaining, lol. I have been a Sabre fan since I was 4 years old and at that time I thought Buffalo was a part of Canada, no joke.

I hope to get my fire reignited at some point in the next year or two. Its really strange for me not to care about them at all right now, I feel really bad about it, but its really how I feel right now.

I hate to break it to you, but I think that Tony Creek is just inside the boundary that is getting the Sabres for free on Bell (if you have Bell as your satellite provider). If your with Cogeco your SOL eve if you wanted to pay for Centre Ice or the internet Gamecentre version from NHL.com. This could be a good thing or bad thing, depending how you look at this season. With the way they have played and with Darcy still the GM, I thank them for not giving me the chance to waste my money to watch the crap they are putting out there, they are saving me a bundle. On the even brighter side, a few more weeks of the same play we are seeing now and you will be able to take your whole family to a game by buying tickets on the Secondary market (stub hub) for less then you would have paid for one seat last year! Thats what I have enjoyed about the Bills over the last few years, by the middle of the season, it gets easier to get tickets on ebay for their home games for multiple tickets less then face value of one

Buffalo has become a suburb of Toronto, thought at one time it was the other way around. I spent so much time up in the Parry Sound area as a kid, it was really weird when they required us all to get passports. Still think that idea is stupid. I talked to a passport agent about it at one point before I left DC and they kept stating Canada was an overseas country and a foreign country and all I could do was laugh... Really, there are certain bureaucrats that are really clueless, but I digress. I suppose it is best both countries keep separate. Neither could stand each others governments or problems and that would be the focus, not what each brought to the table like the beer from Canada :), or the wings and Beef on Weck from Buffalo.

Pointe au Baril, well, a little island about a 30min boat ride from there, is one of my favorite (sorry, it's Canada, eh, my favourite) places in the whole world. I really need to get a passport Because I really want to go back there.

I can hook you up with the illegal stream i use for sports, its not bad at all.

For sabres games i have no choice cause since espn decided not to air in europe anymore, my last hockey on tv dissapeared to.

Not that im sad about that, they aired to much rangers games anyway.

I hate to break it to you, but I think that Tony Creek is just inside the boundary that is getting the Sabres for free on Bell (if you have Bell as your satellite provider). If your with Cogeco your SOL eve if you wanted to pay for Centre Ice or the internet Gamecentre version from NHL.com. This could be a good thing or bad thing, depending how you look at this season. With the way they have played and with Darcy still the GM, I thank them for not giving me the chance to waste my money to watch the crap they are putting out there, they are saving me a bundle. On the even brighter side, a few more weeks of the same play we are seeing now and you will be able to take your whole family to a game by buying tickets on the Secondary market (stub hub) for less then you would have paid for one seat last year! Thats what I have enjoyed about the Bills over the last few years, by the middle of the season, it gets easier to get tickets on ebay for their home games for multiple tickets less then face value of one

Yeah man, I just heard about the Bell free Sabre thing a few days ago. I am on Cogeco at the moment, not that I am a big fan of Cogeco but I hate Bell even more. I think there game is being broadcast tomorrow on NBC or something. I will watch that one for sure, although I am not expecting much.

I forgot to add that the strike and mini season last year also took a lot interest away for me.

Yeah man, I just heard about the Bell free Sabre thing a few days ago. I am on Cogeco at the moment, not that I am a big fan of Cogeco but I hate Bell even more. I think there game is being broadcast tomorrow on NBC or something. I will watch that one for sure, although I am not expecting much.

I forgot to add that the strike and mini season last year also took a lot interest away for me.

Same here, I'm selling my house so I figure once I sell it and move I may switch over because of the free games. If the team was decent I would have probably switched over before though

Archived