Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

OK....can't promise I will be able to post lines for every Sabres game, (especially when the quarterly bans happen), but I am going to whip a little something up here for fun.

The idea is, everyone starts with a bankroll of $1,000

I will post the money line for each Sabres game. How this line works is that it is in increments of $100. The favorite is denoted by a minus (-), and the underdog is denoted by a plus (+). Sometimes both teams in a close matchup will be minus, but both will never be plus.

Let's use tonight as an example.

Detroit -185

Buffalo +165

This means that if you want to bet on Detroit, you have to wager in increments of $185 for each $100 you want to win. You bet $185, you end up with $285 if they win. If they lose, you are out $185.

You bet in increments of $100 on the + team, so you would bet $100 on Buffalo, and if they win you end up with $265....your original $100 and the +$165. If you lose you are only down $100.

You will be allowed to bet in even increments up to your total current bankroll, but not partial amounts.

So let's say you want to go all-in on Detroit tonight. You can only win a maximum of $500 for a $925 wager. If successful, your new bankroll is $1500 going forward. If you lose, you are down to $75. If someone drops below $100, I will allow an all-in wager, but we are working with the $100 base otherwise.

The winner at the end of the season is the person with the highest total bankroll.

1) You do not have to bet every game

2) You DO have to bet at least 1 game EVERY MONTH to be eligible for a prize. That's 7 bets minimum.

3) When you are at $0, you are out of the contest, although feel free to comment along with opinions

4) Please keep track of your own bankroll, and be on your honor. If we only have a few dozen doing this, I may keep a scoreboard of some sort, but I don't know if we will have 5, or 100 doing this.

5) Use any strategy you want. Go all-in early or only on a few games...go fairly small on every game....mix and match....whatever is the most fun or most worthwhile to you. Just make sure to wager at least once a month to stay alive.

6) As the season winds down, the last few weeks I may allow those still mathematically alive to private message me their wagers the day of the game, up until a set time before faceoff. Call this the Final Jeopardy method. Who knows, someone may have this wrapped up with 20 games left. We may have 20 people alive with 5 games left. This can go a myriad of ways.

7) My decisions are final. I don't expect any goofiness, but if someone is editing after the puck drops, or looks to be trying to pull a fast one, I will pull the plug on them. I'm not going to pop someone for simple math mistakes, especially early on when someone may be trying to get the hang of the line and format.

8) I will try to set the line the night before the game, or early the day of. Whatever the line I set is, that's what it is. It will not shift. If the actual Vegas line moves and you want to try and take advantage, feel free. If I fail to set a line for a game, then that game is off the table. All lines will be put in this thread.

9) Prize will be awarded to the person with the largest bankroll at the end of the regular season. There may also be prizes awarded for other things such as most correct wagers, best %, longest streak, etc.....but we will see how big the player pool is before I get all Santa Clausy. The winner with the largest bankroll will receive a Game Worn Sabres Jersey.

10) Good luck, and please point out anything that I may have missed

That being said.....tonight's official line is:

Detroit -185

Buffalo +165

Again, you can put in wagers in increments of $185 to win $100 on Detroit, or in increments of $100 to win $165 on Buffalo. If Detroit wins tonight, the highest possible bankroll will be $1500. If Buffalo wins, the highest possible bankroll will be $2650.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.