Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

It gets easier when you start winning.. :devil:

Haha!

True. I hate to bet against teams I root for. I have bet against the Bills once in my life, and big. I went to the game and felt guilty about it. Luckily the Jets were covering by 20 at halftime and I didn't have to sulk about not cheering because there was nothing to cheer for.

The Sabres on the other hand, over the last 4 years I've probably bet on them 5 times and against 30. Carp's charts were really an aid and a new way to look at wagering for me. I'm probably around 70% on Sabres games, and 60% on others. You just need patience. I don't have that with football because I enjoy any NFL game too much. My general malaise at best towards the Sabres has made it easier to look at it as an investment and not with emotion.

That being said, watch me clunk out of my own contest.....

Haha!

True. I hate to bet against teams I root for. I have bet against the Bills once in my life, and big. I went to the game and felt guilty about it. Luckily the Jets were covering by 20 at halftime and I didn't have to sulk about not cheering because there was nothing to cheer for.

The Sabres on the other hand, over the last 4 years I've probably bet on them 5 times and against 30. Carp's charts were really an aid and a new way to look at wagering for me. I'm probably around 70% on Sabres games, and 60% on others. You just need patience. I don't have that with football because I enjoy any NFL game too much. My general malaise at best towards the Sabres has made it easier to look at it as an investment and not with emotion.

That being said, watch me clunk out of my own contest.....

My father had NFC 0 and AFC 9 in a high-payout Super Bowl XXV pool. He did not want to know his numbers before the game because he did not want to have to root against the Bills at any time. Like most of us, he was miserable when that kick went wide. And then the phone rang...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.