Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

So you can only bet for one team? Not allowed to bet say $200 on the Sabres and $370 on Detroit?

I'll bet $555 on the Wings.

Feel free to bet on both teams......(hint, it's not like horseracing where you can bet on every horse and still make money).

Awesome response so far....cool. We have 20 here already and the end of the month to see who else jumps in. Man....I just gave myself a mini-project. It will be fun though. I'll try my best to keep it rolling without glitches.

OK...can't do this every game, but since I'm here...

Claude Veret $1500

Rayzer32 $1500

Cereal $1400

Nobody $1300

ChileanSeaBass $1200

TrueBluePhD $1200

MattiePie $1100

Hank $1100

Wjag $1100

mustacheofgod $900

TaroT $900

ThirtyEight $800

LGR4GM $800

tomwebster $800

cwchze $800

Rico7 $800

GlassPommerfan $500

skaught......ELIMINATED!!! but hang around....I will get a consolation round going after more people drop out

sabresnipe...ELIMINATED!!!

Alright...'til Friday......

OK...can't do this every game, but since I'm here...

Claude Veret $1500

Rayzer32 $1500

Cereal $1400

Nobody $1300

ChileanSeaBass $1200

TrueBluePhD $1200

MattiePie $1100

Hank $1100

Wjag $1100

mustacheofgod $900

TaroT $900

ThirtyEight $800

LGR4GM $800

tomwebster $800

cwchze $800

Rico7 $800

GlassPommerfan $500

skaught......ELIMINATED!!! but hang around....I will get a consolation round going after more people drop out

sabresnipe...ELIMINATED!!!

Alright...'til Friday......

How come you are not doing it with us.

I would have bet cautiously on the Sabres.

May I introduce this wrinkle on the discussion? Betting on a team you love is dangerous. Now, I guess some people can compartmentalize their emotions. If not, all four scenarios are fraught with danger and change your sporting life. You bet on the Sabres and win — now the team you love for the sake of love can produce income for you. You bet on the Sabres and they lose — now you hate them even more than you usually do; oh, the resentment. You bet on the opponent (wait, you're betting against the Sabres, that's bad on the surface) and the Sabres win — now you're mad at the Sabres for winning! You bet on the opponent and the Sabres lose — you're happy the Sabres have lost. And down the rabbit hole we go.

All that enters into my thinking, and thus why I have rarely bet on my teams with real money in the past. With fake money it's of course easier to be an emotionally detached gambler. Frankly, I'm shocked that Rayzer32 and myself were the only one's that had the game last night as a take it to the bank loss. I would have bet $500 of real money on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.