GDT: Carolina at Sabres 9-19-2013 7:00PM

26CornerBlitz

Although this appears impressive, fans should bare in mind the incomplete roster and the competition icing a team with some players looking to make their own squad. I caution everyone from getting overly excited.......yet.

They looked good tonight, but we have a long way to go to see who is going to show up and who is not on opening night of regular season. I do agree with many that Larsson appears ready. I would pencil him in as the 3rd line center for the season opener, and good for him, he's earned it.

As for the other players, competition will bare out who will be there opening night.

I've always been in McNabb's corner. This guy has the size, ability, and hockey IQ to become a real star in the league. Unfortunately that journey was sidetracked by his injury last season and I am hoping the Sabres would have patience with him, given their glut of D-men. Perhaps tonight is a sign of things to come which the Sabres brass can't ignore!

I've always been in McNabb's corner. This guy has the size, ability, and hockey IQ to become a real star in the league. Unfortunately that journey was sidetracked by his injury last season and I am hoping the Sabres would have patience with him, given their glut of D-men. Perhaps tonight is a sign of things to come which the Sabres brass can't ignore!

Agreed. He was great his rookie year a couple of seasons ago but the injury sure didn't help last year. I love his size.

Although this appears impressive, fans should bare in mind the incomplete roster and the competition icing a team with some players looking to make their own squad. I caution everyone from getting overly excited.......yet.

They looked good tonight, but we have a long way to go to see who is going to show up and who is not on opening night of regular season. I do agree with many that Larsson appears ready. I would pencil him in as the 3rd line center for the season opener, and good for him, he's earned it.

As for the other players, competition will bare out who will be there opening night.

Is anyone that excited?

Is anyone that excited?

Not excited really but certainly encouraged and somewhat optimistic and I'll even say I'm looking forward to watching a preseason game on TV (i think someon said one of the games next week is going to be televised).

Also, Liger can be fairly described as excited.

Not excited really but certainly encouraged and somewhat optimistic and I'll even say I'm looking forward to watching a preseason game on TV (i think someon said one of the games next week is going to be televised).

Also, Liger can be fairly described as excited.

Might not help many but anyone in the GTA can watch Saturday's game against the Leafs on tv.

I'm impressed with this Larsson kid in all aspects of his game. Kids like this usually play for Detroit.

"In his second pro season with Brynas, Larsson won both a Swedish Elitserien championship and a gold medal at the 2012 U20 World Junior Championship."

Here is a kids who knows early on what it takes to win and win big. I would like to think he'll be one of the new guys in the room making sure the crap gets flushed down the toilet so they can stay on track.

Hopefully this spring boards McNabb onto the Sabres roster. I'd rather see him over, Ruhwedal, Tallinder and Sulzer.

That's because he has the potential to be better than any of them...by a long shot.

Nice that we're doing well, but preseason doesn't mean anything and it never will.

Hopefully it DOES translate. I don't think it WON'T for sure, but the Cleveland Browns had a really promising preseason and look at what happened to them.

This reminds me of the Browns of my time. I've been a Cleveland Browns fan since 1955. Back then I remember the Browns would always lose every preseason game and then kick ass when the season started. Ahh...the Good Old Days.

The highlights were great, but the press conference is useless until they decide to give the reporters microphones. Why haven't they done that yet? You end up trying to guess what player the coach is talking about.

The highlights were great, but the press conference is useless until they decide to give the reporters microphones. Why haven't they done that yet? You end up trying to guess what player the coach is talking about.

Thank you. Jeez, it's almost like this organization doesn't know what it's doing.

Hopefully this spring boards McNabb onto the Sabres roster. I'd rather see him over, Ruhwedal, Tallinder and Sulzer.

Right on brother.

An old friend of mine (late 40s) who's a lifetime bar league hockey guy and has coached hockey at a variety of levels (nothing beyond high school) was at the game last night.

His 2 takeaways (which I value greatly): Larsson looks already looks the part of a very good third-line center, and may even have top-6 upside. Grigorenko's skating is not good (in fact, his word was "brutal").

Archived