Prediction time: opening night lineup

nfreeman

What's the team gonna look like to start the season?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following FNGs will be dressed for opening night?

• Grigorenko
    • Girgensons
    • Larsson
    • Armia
    • Flynn
    • Porter
    • Tropp
    • Adam
    • McNabb
    • Pysyk
    • Ruhwedel
    • Zadorov
    • McBain
    • Tallinder
    • Gauthier
    • Ristolainen
  2. 2. Who is your dark horse to unexpectedly make the Sabres' roster to start the season (even if he doesn't dress for opening night)?

• Girgensons
    • Larsson
    • Armia
    • Adam
    • McNabb
    • Gauthier
    • Zadorov
    • Hackett
    • Other
  3. 3. Who is going to be the other winger, with Hodgson and Vanek, on opening night?

• Foligno
    • Ennis
    • Stafford
    • Tropp
    • Leino
    • Ott
    • Grigorenko
    • Other

I'm at a better place this year than last year. I am really excited to see this young team. I know they are going to struggle but I am excited anyway.

Me too.

So, Darcy said that McCormick will not be in the AHL this season. He will either be in Buffalo or another NHL team. If Cody is on this roster, how many games does John Scott see? I could see Scott getting waived. I have mixed feelings about this. I liked having the nuclear option on the roster for certain teams.

This too.

What I am hoping shakes out in preseason:

Hodgson-Vanek-Foligno

Griggy-Ott-Leino

Larsson-Ennis-Stafford

McCormick-Tropp-Kaleta

Extras- Flynn, Scott

Ehrhoiff, Myers, Pysyk, Weber, Tallinder, Ristoleinen,

Extras- Sulzer, McBain

And this! Although really I would like to see McNabb seize the job, making Tallinder #7 and Sulzer and McBain in Rochester.

What I am hoping shakes out in preseason:

Hodgson-Vanek-Foligno

Griggy-Ott-Leino

Larsson-Ennis-Stafford

McCormick-Tropp-Kaleta

Extras- Flynn, Scott

Ehrhoiff, Myers, Pysyk, Weber, Tallinder, Ristoleinen,

Extras- Sulzer, McBain

Me too. Except, part of me wants to see McNabb ahead of Risto this year.

Risto will benefit from a year in the AHL. It's time McNabb made the jump.

Vanek- Hodgson- Ennis

-Foligno- Ott- Stafford

Larsson- Leino.Grigs- Grigs/Leino-

Scott/Flynn/Tropp- Porter/McCormick- Kaleta

(Scott should be scratched some if not most games in favor of Flynn, Tropp, or McCormick)

Erhoff- Myers

Weber- McBain

Tallinder- Pysyk

Miller

Enroth

Only things i don't like

1) I hope ennis's 165 pound body doesnt get thrashed on the first

2) grigs isn't on the second

3) i wouldnt want scott to play too much because he can't score

I think McBain and Tallinder will surprise us in a good way

So it looks like G Z is making a strong case for himself. So who would he replace and would he be a center or wing. I like the idea of him at center and put Grigerenko at wing, replacing Stafford... could Staphyl be put on waivers... Not sure he is worth a trade.

So it looks like G Z is making a strong case for himself. So who would he replace and would he be a center or wing. I like the idea of him at center and put Grigerenko at wing, replacing Stafford... could Staphyl be put on waivers... Not sure he is worth a trade.

I wonder... if Zemgus will go back to Rochester to start the season with the promise that hard work will get him up to Buffalo once they clear some Roster spots. I think we see him in Rochester getting tons of ice time for the first half of the year and then once a trade or injuries occur he steps up on the big club at wing. He may shift to center eventually but for now in the NHL he is a winger.

I wonder... if Zemgus will go back to Rochester to start the season with the promise that hard work will get him up to Buffalo once they clear some Roster spots. I think we see him in Rochester getting tons of ice time for the first half of the year and then once a trade or injuries occur he steps up on the big club at wing. He may shift to center eventually but for now in the NHL he is a winger.

I think that's the plan.

I both think, and hope, that this is the plan.

I think Zemgus if he keeps playing like this will make the team out of training camp. I think he played really well last night from what I had seen of him. I would like to see Colton Gilles make it, he showed he has good speed, willing to take the body and seems to be a decent bottom 6 player. I would much rather have him in the lineup than Kevin Porter. Please Please no Kevin Porter. As far as Zadorov goes I don't see him making the club this year. I see him going back down to London and playing big minutes and rounding out his game. Ristolanian will be sent down to Rochester where he use that time getting accustomed to the smaller ice surface and the speed of the game. He's not ready yet. Stafford needs to go but I don't believe their will be many takers. I so want to see Miller traded and the Sabres keep Vanek.

I think that's the plan.

I both think, and hope, that this is the plan.

Well, I kinda think the plan is that if Girgy (or anyone else) shows enough in preseason to seize a spot, he'll get the spot and someone else will get waived or healthy-scratched. There are more forwards on this team that don't deserve a locked-in roster spot than those that do.

Girgensons is really making a push to be on the big team. If his preseason performance continues I don't know how you can send him down.

So far LW depth looks like; Vanek, Ennis, Ott, Girgensons, Scott, Gillies. And who am I missing? I know I am missing someone. Leino has been on the right side this preseason, correct?

Archived