Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

Bill Hoppe@BillHoppeNHL1h

Tyler Myers has never been the same since Henrik Tallinder left. Never. HUGE mistake by old ownership to let him go.

I"m still not entirely convinced that's the proper causality. Way too simplistic of a view IMO. I'd be much more inclined to say asking him to play a different style than what comes naturally to him (bulk up and play tougher versus free wheel offensively) and giving him too much responsibility too fast has more to do with his inconsistency than not retaining the partner he had as a rookie. Feel free to also consider the league watching video and coming up with ways to attack him.

Pysyk, Myers. Ehrhoff, McNabb, Rudy, Tallinder, Mcabin, Sulzer, Weber...something has to be in the works

He was a healthy scratch for a large amount of jt

I'm inclined to agree with you here.

Something could potentially be in the works given the amount contracts on D men we have now combined with the almost sure to be heated competition of the youth for roster spots. I can see Ehrhoff, Myers, Tallinder, Weber, Pysyk all on the opening day roster. We have to many D men in the pipeline again that are at NHL ready levels. Something is in the works, you just don't bring back Tallinder for Myers, you do so because your preparing to move another D man, my money is on one or more of the young kids potentially being moved. Just a guess though and I could be completely wrong, but here's to hoping Regier is pulling the trade rabbit out of his hat.

I'll walk the plank.

Who told us in February 2011 that we should be pissed about losing Tallinder, because it was a salary dump?

I don't hate the move. Then again, I don't really know what condition Tallinder's game is in.

This has Terry's stamp all over it.

Another example of how easy it is for good teams to dump bad contracts.

How do the Sabres not get anything in return for doing the Devils such a big favor?

Are you sure it is the Sabres doing the Devils a favor?

How about this spin........Tallinder will be needed as we move a couple of D men in a trade involving Miller and/or Vanek for a heady piece coming back, does this make more sense than not?

Here's a hint......

It does to me, and I only had to give up Riley freaking Boychuk? Sure, I'm game for that. But once again, it's all speculation at this point, I don't see it as the Sabres taking a cap dump to do the Devils a favor, I see it as Regier lining something up trade wise, he needed the body, an nhl vet that is familiar with Buff.

I'll walk the plank.

Who told us in February 2011 that we should be pissed about losing Tallinder, because it was a salary dump?

I don't hate the move. Then again, I don't really know what condition Tallinder's game is in.

This has Terry's stamp all over it.

Based on nothing at all, right?

Are you sure it is the Sabres doing the Devils a favor?

How about this spin........Tallinder will be needed as we move a couple of D men in a trade involving Miller and/or Vanek for a heady piece coming back, does this make more sense than not?

Here's a hint......

It does to me, and I only had to give up Riley freaking Boychuk? Sure, I'm game for that. But once again, it's all speculation at this point, I don't see it as the Sabres taking a cap dump to do the Devils a favor, I see it as Regier lining something up trade wise, he needed the body, an nhl vet that is familiar with Buff.

New coach and new system. You don't add Tallinder because he knows how to get to the Galleria Mall.

The Devils are making moves to return to the playoffs and contend for the Cup. The Sabres just gave them $3.37 in Cap Space. You're right, without getting anything in return it is more like a gift than a favor.

It's has the stench of fan boi-ism, coming on the heals of the Sabres interest in Briere. I wouldn't be shocked if another former Sabre isn't signed or traded for in the coming days.

@BNHarrington1m

Notable: In day 1 meeting w/TBN, Pegula said he felt loss of Tallinder/Lydman should be considered as important as loss of 23/48. #Sabres

So most likely some Terry input with this

Judge Aud,

Is this admissible, or is it hearsay?

If this is true, Pegula better stay out of it.

Wait for the signing of Lydman announcement in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1.

@BNHarrington1m

Notable: In day 1 meeting w/TBN, Pegula said he felt loss of Tallinder/Lydman should be considered as important as loss of 23/48. #Sabres

So most likely some Terry input with this

I don't remember him saying that. It wouldn't be hard to find the comment about folks should be pissed about losing Tallydman. It was at the very end, maybe even after Terry thought the thing was over. The video is in the Sabres Edge blog archives.

Just his words. And his history of meddling. Other than that, I got nothing.

Me. No one picked up on it though. I think the hairy stockings threw people off.

I've never wanted to hump your leg more.

I don't remember him saying that. It wouldn't be hard to find the comment about folks should be pissed about losing Tallydman. It was at the very end, maybe even after Terry thought the thing was over. The video is in the Sabres Edge blog archives.

IIRC he stated that if Tallinder and Lydman were still on the 2010-11 team they would have had 5 to 10 more wins that season. Not sure about the 23/48 comparsion.

Then there is this

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky 1m

Pegula mentioned several times that he thought Hank leaving was bigger mistake than Drury, Briere exits. Anyone paying attention knows that.

IIRC he stated that if Tallinder and Lydman were still on the 2010-11 team they would have had 5 to 10 more wins that season. Not sure about the 23/48 comparsion.

Then there is this

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky 1m

Pegula mentioned several times that he thought Hank leaving was bigger mistake than Drury, Briere exits. Anyone paying attention knows that.

Not sure if it's my browser, but I don't see the videos on this page: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/video-pegula-meets-with-the-news.html The screen is blank where the videos should be. Anyone else?

Just his words. And his history of meddling. Other than that, I got nothing.

I've never wanted to hump your leg more.

Ah yes, the longstanding and completely factual "history of meddling", featuring concrete evidence and absolutely zero speculation. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the longstanding and completely factual "history of meddling", featuring concrete evidence and absolutely zero speculation. :rolleyes:

You must take Pegula as a liar then.

As for this deal, would it be tough for a reporter to flat out ask Darcy whose decision it was? Sometimes he offers something, like his explanation that the extent of the rebuild would be Terry's decision. You catch that one d4rk?

I really like this trade, a good one by Darcy!

Hopefully his experience and trustworthiness will help bring back the Myers we all loved. Additionally, Pysyk plays a lot like Tallinder in style, both positional styled D-men. So my best guess is that Tallinder is here not only to help bring back Myers but to teach Pysyk so that in 1 or 2 years, Pysyk can take the role of being the D-Man that "holds" Myers's hand.

My best guess to the starting 6 would be

Myers-Tallinder

Erhroff - Sulzer

Weber - Pysyk

Ruhwedel and/or McBain I believe will be traded

McNabb & Risto are the top pair in Rochester.

Myers has played very well without Tallinder. Just reminding folk.

We need McNabb in the NHL or we accept that we have just ruined that player. He has nothing more to prove in the AHL and if we leave him down there too log he will probably just stop trying (why bother to play well when there are 9 other d men who have a roster spot above you?)

You must take Pegula as a liar then.

As for this deal, would it be tough for a reporter to flat out ask Darcy whose decision it was? Sometimes he offers something, like his explanation that the extent of the rebuild would be Terry's decision. You catch that one d4rk?

Ah yes, the extent of the rebuild being Terry's decision. Show me that one, I'd love to see it.

Myers has played very well without Tallinder. Just reminding folk.

We need McNabb in the NHL or we accept that we have just ruined that player. He has nothing more to prove in the AHL and if we leave him down there too log he will probably just stop trying (why bother to play well when there are 9 other d men who have a roster spot above you?)

Bring McNabb up and trade the other 2. Let him and Pysyk learn from Tallinder and then eventually succeed him.

Archived