Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

Darcy held out on trading Boychuk until Lamoriello finally caved and gave him a top four D. #overvaluesplayers

I'd like to know how the conversation went.

"Lou, what'll it take to pry Henrik off your roster."

"Just throw us your worst prospect and we'll call it a day"

Again, for a team in rebuild mode this is a smart move in case your kids aren't ready. He won't impress anyone, but who cares.

I'd like to know how the conversation went.

"Lou, what'll it take to pry Henrik off your roster."

"Just throw us your worst prospect and we'll call it a day"

Gotta figure Lou called Darcy and D said hey why not here's some garbage.

I thought this thread was in jest when I first saw it.

Solid, solid meh.

Like our center situation, I do not want the likes of Tallinder taking ice time away from one of our young guys.

Since I know you were wondering...

"Boychuk, 22, was Buffalo's seventh-round choice, 208th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft. He spent last season in the Central Hockey League, collecting eight goals and nine assists with Fort Worth"

I wonder if they owe him any backpay. The team went under here in Fort Worth.

Dmen that COULD make the NHL team this season:

Myers (right), Ehrhoff (left), Weber (left), Tallinder (left), Ristolainen (right), Pysyk (right), McNabb (left), Ruhwedel (right), McBain (right), Sulzer (left).

Five right, five left. Chances are we'll take three from each handedness and then we'll have a seventh.

Myers, Ehrhoff, Weber are my three LOCKS to make the team. That's two lefties and a righty.

So there's one lefty to choose from: Tallinder, McNabb, Sulzer. Of that, I think it's obvious Hank will be the choice.

From the right, there's two left. I think Pysyk will be one and then Ristolainen, Ruhwedel and McBain will fight for the last top six spot.

Then they'll choose from the two that lose out there as the seventh.

My guess, at this moment:

Myers-Tallinder

Ehrhoff-Pysyk

Weber-Ristolainen

Ruhwedel

That leaves McNabb, Sulzer, McBain out. I REALLY think McNabb is going to be a good NHL dman someday. So maybe he becomes trade bait at this point.

Finally, someone has Pysyk in the top 4. I think this board is really undervaluing him. Him and Erhoff might be the top pairing. Of course, I believe you erred when you included Ruhwedel but time will tell

Like our center situation, I do not want the likes of Tallinder taking ice time away from one of our young guys.

And just like our center situation, those boys gotta earn their ice time.

It's good to have a legit stay at home D around again. Effectively downgrade(?) from Regehr to Tallinder to pick up two 2nd round draft picks and dump a 7th? Just fine.

Finally, someone has Pysyk in the top 4. I think this board is really undervaluing him. Him and Erhoff might be the top pairing. Of course, I believe you erred when you included Ruhwedel but time will tell

I think Pysyk's close. I just wish there was way more jam in that 6/7. Maybe Myers can step up his game and McNabb can move into Tallinders slot :unsure: at some point. A whole lot of ifs.

Well I REALLY like Ruhwedel. The more I think about it, the more I don't think he makes this team. I'd replace him with McBain/Sulzer/McNabb. Ristolainen's spot is also very debatable.

Archived