Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

See now, I couyld get behind acquiring Jagr. He's a wing so he won't take ice time from the kids. And he's turned into a good player to have around to show how to work and win.

I would not have said that about him before his khl days.

ya but do we need a 1yr guy. I know hes jagr but I think maybe someone a little younger who will be around to mentor for a while.

More of the same. Retread. I'm about done with this team.

Yep, this is about as stupid as it gets, and he was after Briere also. what's next get Max back from Russia and talk Dom out of retirement. Maybe Rob Ray will suit em up again if Darcy asks. He is living in the past because he doesn't have a clue how to build something.

Regier is a effing clown!

Myers has played very well without Tallinder. Just reminding folk.

We need McNabb in the NHL or we accept that we have just ruined that player. He has nothing more to prove in the AHL and if we leave him down there too log he will probably just stop trying (why bother to play well when there are 9 other d men who have a roster spot above you?)

That first part doesn't fit the narrative, therefore it's false ;)

I do, however, disagree on McNabb. He wasn't anywhere near a blue chip prospect when drafted and just finished his second pro season. He had a lot to work on coming out of juniors and defenseman typically have longer development cycles, so I'm really not concerned at all about ruining him if he starts his 3rd pro year in the A. His play was reportedly very shaky this year, indicating to me he could benefit from more time there.

Not making a judgement on the likelihood of Jagr coming to Buffalo, but I would be all for it.

If for nothing else, to weed out what players are not even able to get up to play when they have a chance to play next to Jaromir ###### Jagr. If that doesn't get you worked up no matter how old he is, you have no business being on a hockey team.

A 1 year guy is perfect for a rebuild scenario.

1 yr is not enough to mentor Grigs, Gergs, Armia and the rest of the Mickey Mouse club we have coming up over the next couple years. Especially with a new coach. I think good things will happen in 3 to 5 years with these guys and Id like to see them take over with some knowledge.

But but but Jagr was mentioned on twitter! Isn't that an equation!?!?!

The question was more along the lines of how is it even being talked about. Relax, theres still a few months until the season begins. Im sure there will be plenty of opportunity to be a raging !@#$ then.

1 yr is not enough to mentor Grigs, Gergs, Armia and the rest of the Mickey Mouse club we have coming up over the next couple years. Especially with a new coach. I think good things will happen in 3 to 5 years with these guys and Id like to see them take over with some knowledge.

The question was more along the lines of how is it even being talked about. Relax, theres still a few months until the season begins. Im sure there will be plenty of opportunity to be a raging !@#$ then.

I don't want Jagr to mentor them. I want him to be on their wing so that some of the scoring and playmaking pressure is off of them early in their NHL development. The idea that he has become a good example of hard work and dedication to the game is added gravy. But I only want him here until we have young top 6 wingers in the organization.

Yes, a player on a 2 year deal may be better but those players aren't exactly falling out of the sky right now.

I don't want Jagr to mentor them. I want him to be on their wing so that some of the scoring and playmaking pressure is off of them early in their NHL development. The idea that he has become a good example of hard work and dedication to the game is added gravy. But I only want him here until we have young top 6 wingers in the organization.

Yes, a player on a 2 year deal may be better but those players aren't exactly falling out of the sky right now.

True.

Ah yes, the extent of the rebuild being Terry's decision. Show me that one, I'd love to see it.

Ohhhh, that's juicy. It's there. You have my SabreSpace pledge. It's just a matter of finding it. Darcy said it to Schopp on one of his Friday appearances toward the end of the season.

Because somebody who enjoys messing with gullible people on the internet decided to start talking about it for no other reason than his/her own amusement.

Jagr wouldn't be a good mentor or a good fit here, frankly, I doubt he would even come here unless he got overpaid. He was a guy who would frequently take shifts off and was considered pretty whiney. He's more of that role player guy for some Cup contender at this point in his career.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice5h

Lamoriello said trade was made to clear a roster spot for a young D next season, but also said it's still possible they'll re-sign Zidlicky.

Huh. I guess there are successful organizations out there that don't make their promising young talent fight for a roster spot. They actually make room for them so they develop. Whodathunkit?

Ah yes, the extent of the rebuild being Terry's decision. Show me that one, I'd love to see it.

Darcy's comment came in an appearance on WGR after the Pominville trade. Schopp brought up the notion of rebuilding. Darcy talked about the Pittsburgh/Edmonton models of rebuilding, then said:

"...it's not my place right now at this point in the year to say that we would roll it back that far [as those teams rolled it back]. Or should roll it back that far and ultimately Terry Pegula is going to make that decision more than anyone else because he owns the team."

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/73144992/darcy-regier-says-pominville-trade-was-necessary.htm?pageid=28473

He went on immediately after that to praise the way Minnesota has rebuilt. "In my view" Regier said, it's not the right strategy to add free agents unless there's a foundation in place. He said you "supplement" with free agents and trades once there's a foundation. If you do it the other way around, you can't "link" the kinds of players on your team — free agents, Darcy said, "have their own views" about how things should be done. He finished by saying the Sabres tried doing it the wrong way, it didn't work, and now they have to do it the right way. Schopp nor the Bullfrog asked the obvious followup.

Myers has played very well without Tallinder. Just reminding folk.

We need McNabb in the NHL or we accept that we have just ruined that player. He has nothing more to prove in the AHL and if we leave him down there too log he will probably just stop trying (why bother to play well when there are 9 other d men who have a roster spot above you?)

This. What the hell are we doing with that guy? Either trade the guy while he still has a lot of value (is it too late for that?) or play him. A third year in Rochester isn't going to help him and it's not going to help the team figure out what they have with him.

Why the hell did we re-sign Sulzer if we had this in the works? Acquiring too many defensemen and then doing nothing to clear up the logjam is Darcy's new MO. What a goofy franchise.

New coach and new system. You don't add Tallinder because he knows how to get to the Galleria Mall.

The Devils are making moves to return to the playoffs and contend for the Cup. The Sabres just gave them $3.37 in Cap Space. You're right, without getting anything in return it is more like a gift than a favor.

It's has the stench of fan boi-ism, coming on the heals of the Sabres interest in Briere. I wouldn't be shocked if another former Sabre isn't signed or traded for in the coming days.

#1 It was a boring trade but a solid trade nonetheless as Ehroff was definitely not getting it done as a leader of the D corp, and Myers wasn't ready to go potty like a big boy yet. And honestly, unless this Boychuk kid gets flushed down to New Joisey and becomes a superstar good 'ol boy Darcy just weaseled himself another solid deal. #2 I agree, however if they are solid veterans like Hank, what is the downside? the privates need Non-Coms to keep em in line, or else they wont develop properly (see Tyler Myers.) Besides with a rookie HC in his own right...

This. What the hell are we doing with that guy? Either trade the guy while he still has a lot of value (is it too late for that?) or play him. A third year in Rochester isn't going to help him and it's not going to help the team figure out what they have with him.

Why the hell did we re-sign Sulzer if we had this in the works? Acquiring too many defensemen and then doing nothing to clear up the logjam is Darcy's new MO. What a goofy franchise.

Easy now, it's not like Regier was caught super drunk driving dressed as a teletubby or something. He may be acquiring vet D men to help the kids out, albeit while taking roster spots all the while planning to trade one or 2 of the youngsters. It's possible, just saying.

Because when there are thousands of people on twitter talking about the Sabres, every notable free agent is bound to be mentioned by some random person at SOME point. No other reason.

I'm not sure about this one. I can see the utility in Tallinder - - but for a crowded blueline -- this will force some decisions.

Maybe there is a trade coming - but right now I'm stumped.

Talinder plus Sulzer has me stumped. Like mentioned upthread, we can only hope that we'll only see one of Sulzer, McBain, Talinder in the lineup at any one time.

Archived