Sekera dealt to the Canes

inkman

the @icechips guy who put the original item out there (totally out of context) can go get bent.

much as i love it, the new media has turned self-respecting journalists into complete trolls.

...unless they were already unethical, agenda-driven hacks to begin with.

1. Sekera apparently catching heat over his "Everything is better than Buffalo" comment today. The question asked was how he has liked Raleigh.

For those wondering, Sekera was offering up a little joke. No ill intent.

2. Sekera said: "Nice weather, nice people." Better than Buffalo, he was asked. "I think everything is better than Buffalo. It's a nice place."

from "icechip"

In the end, no big deal:

@BNHarrington

Canes PR head. Rt @MikeSundheim Andrej Sekera’s quote was about weather. Hear the full context at 1:40 mark here: http://downloads.hur...era091213.mp3 …

Q. What do you think of the Raleigh area so far? Been here 2 weeks?

A. Yes this is my 3rd week, I really like it, nice weather, nice people.

Q. Better than Buffalo?

A. I think everything is better than Buffalo (playful tone, laugh) but naw, nice place, warmer, it's really convenient.

Good job jackass.

On the positive side at least the context was distant from hockey operations.....Bucky would have had to update his forthcoming column "Grier Sekera".

that the preponderance of euro douche bags is higher in the research triangle?

###### you, and see how easy it is to takes things out of context.

The vast majority of douchebags I've run into have been American. I'm betting it's a similar proportion of both populations.

it's a pity that the filter is preventing me from getting that remark's full context.

what was objectionable about what i said anyway? i used euro as a modifier of the type of douche bag that that numbskull was looking to bro it out with, not as a means of suggesting the predictive tendencies of euros to be douche bags.

of course ... :P

Its the same everywhere. People are ridiculously insecure everywhere. When I move to a new city/ region I like to make a habit of letting the locals know how much better my home region is. (See, americans are dooshy too!) But that's mostly because food is awful everywhere outside of NY. Hey Pennsylvania! You can't put american cheese on pizza!!! Assh0les!!!!

The vast majority of douchebags I've run into have been American. I'm betting it's a similar proportion of both populations.

Right on.

it's a pity that the filter is preventing me from getting that remark's full context.

what was objectionable about what i said anyway? i used euro as a modifier of the type of douche bag that that numbskull was looking to bro it out with, not as a means of suggesting the predictive tendencies of euros to be douche bags.

of course ... :P

Well, in fairness to Heimdall, I'm sure there would be umbrage taken around here if someone said "too many Buffalo douchebags" or something similar.

Its the same everywhere. People are ridiculously insecure everywhere. When I move to a new city/ region I like to make a habit of letting the locals know how much better my home region is. (See, americans are dooshy too!) But that's mostly because food is awful everywhere outside of NY. Hey Pennsylvania! You can't put american cheese on pizza!!! Assh0les!!!!

You need to find a better pizza place then. None of the pizza here is "good", but I've yet to see american cheese on any of them.

Well, in fairness to Heimdall, I'm sure there would be umbrage taken around here if someone said "too many Buffalo douchebags" or something similar.

i'm sure you're right. but, there again, if the statement were made that paddy kane was in chicago looking to hang and chill with some "south buffalo douchebags", i would take the point: "south buffalo" is being used to describe the sub-species of douche with whom paddy wants to spend bro time, not to suggest that everyone from south buffalo is a douche (then again ...). same sort of thing here.

You need to find a better pizza place then. None of the pizza here is "good", but I've yet to see american cheese on any of them.

I'm farther north than you. They call it "Old Forge" style pizza. It's putrid and it infects the entire Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre region.

Ahahaha.

We Buffalonians really are a sensitive bunch. Yeesh.

Underdogs.

Its the same everywhere. People are ridiculously insecure everywhere.

Los Angeles is douchey for a staggeringly enormous number of reasons, but this surprisingly isn't one of them. Folks trash LA all the time (hometowners and ex-pats), and very few stand up to defend it. Sort of soulless really. And hell, I'll knock LA here and there (I just did), but if anyone wants a piece of Buffalo, I give them the brunt.

"But what's he done wrong?"

I don't know. You tell me!

If you look at historical stats, 2 things will jump out. The Canes are consistently in the bottom of the league in power play efficiency and at the bottom of the league in shots against.

Reggie will slide in perfectly lol

I should change my description of Boston a bit. If you don't say something glowingly pro-Boston, they'll be all over you. You don't have to put down the town, but if you don't mention it all, saying something like "I like Buffalo", you're in for trouble. I think the window might still be open for me to make random "hey, did you see Payton Manning throw 7 TDs last week" comments and watch the reaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived