Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Not to mention "Le Magnifique".

Potato's examples are great because Trottier and Mullen were born in 1956 and 1957 (Lemieux in 65). So Jagr played with players born in the 50s and also players born in the 90s. There was a 37 year age gap between the youngest and oldest player Jagr ever played with. He's right up there with Gordie Howe who had an age gap of 44 years (players didn't last into their 30s when Gordie got his start). It's a crazy stat to think about.

Potato's examples are great because Trottier and Mullen were born in 1956 and 1957 (Lemieux in 65). So Jagr played with players born in the 50s and also players born in the 90s. There was a 37 year age gap between the youngest and oldest player Jagr ever played with. He's right up there with Gordie Howe who had an age gap of 44 years (players didn't last into their 30s when Gordie got his start). It's a crazy stat to think about.

Wow!!

Didn't catch that.

That is some crazy awesome stat.

My math could be off a bit. I only looked at the first and last year they each played.

I just like that Jagr is older than me. :)

Trottier won 4 straight cups with the Isles then a decade later won a couple more with the Penguins. Quite a career!

I just like that Jagr is older than me. :)

Trottier won 4 straight cups with the Isles then a decade later won a couple more with the Penguins. Quite a career!

And before I looked into it, I thought Trottier was significantly older than Mullen but they're basically the same age. I must just think Trottier is older since so much of that success came so early in his career.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing NYI are working on a trade with WSH to get pending UFA G Jaro Halak.

just saw that… interesting… i wonder what washington gets for him (very late round pick?) and what the Isles offer him contract wise. he's really not that bad of a goalie, but if they get him i hope he is horrible next year :flirt:

would be funny if he turned down their offer like ehrhoff did but i don't think hell have too many options to be a starter

4th round draft pick is whats being reported.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 54s

Caps announced they've traded pending UFA netminder Jaro Halak to Islanders for a 4th-round pick.

i don't really understand why any team ever trades for the negotiating rights to a player, when that player could just walk in a 2 months for nothing, but that being said i think the isles will be able to sign him and he's a good fit. Caps now are without Neuvirth and Halak. Who do they have behind holtby? do they make a run at hiller? miller?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.