Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

How about that somebody made that recently and I found it funny and figured others would, too?

The Umberger hit is a cruel irony. An anomaly of physical play on a team that would become known as the softest in the league. I hate it.

The Umberger hit is a cruel irony. An anomaly of physical play on a team that would become known as the softest in the league. I hate it.

I'm torn. I love big hits and hate the Flyers but seeing RJ laying on the ice with his brain scrambled doesn't make me feel a warm and fuzzy inside. If it was Lucic or Marchand, I'd probably feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

I'm torn. I love big hits and hate the Flyers but seeing RJ laying on the ice with his brain scrambled doesn't make me feel a warm and fuzzy inside. If it was Lucic or Marchand, I'd probably feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

It was a great moment at the time. But with some years on it there's no more shine.

This is off topic, but I'm not starting a thread for this.

I know people here use Twitter. On the desktop version, do you have the option to Email a tweet? At the bottom right of every tweet, when you click on 'more' supposedly there is an option 'share via Email'. Is this still the case, or did Twitter remove that option?

This is off topic, but I'm not starting a thread for this.

I know people here use Twitter. On the desktop version, do you have the option to Email a tweet? At the bottom right of every tweet, when you click on 'more' supposedly there is an option 'share via Email'. Is this still the case, or did Twitter remove that option?

Yes, it is still an option.

Edited by Tankalicious

Thanks.

I don't, and have never had that option. I've never tweeted, I just follow people. Maybe it doesn't become an option until after you tweet?

fU4XNGf.png

That is strange. I get "Share via email" on top of those two.

I'm using Firefox. I tried IE and it's the same way, no Email option.

Same thing on my phone with the stock browser.

Browser tip: never ever ever use IE. I use Chrome which has always been great, and I used to use Firefox which was usually good. Maybe Chrome is the only one with email?

Maybe you need to confirm your email address with your twitter account?

Edited by Tankalicious

Browser tip: never ever ever use IE. I use Chrome which has always been great, and I used to use Firefox which was usually good. Maybe Chrome is the only one with email?

Maybe you need to confirm your email address with your twitter account?

Thanks. Yeah I never use IE. That's the first time in a while. They did have two big updates to address the security issue they had the other day. I've never had much of an issue with Firefox, I kinda like the new interface. Not a big fan of Chrome, I really hate becoming too reliant on Google. Maybe I'll give it a try to see if it fixes Twitter.

The Flyers' radio team is fairly terrible, I've been meaning to post this for awhile. The PBP guy (Saunders) is fairly good at describing the play, but his trademark goal call is to let out a falsetto "GOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!". It'd be more appropriate for Field Hockey so he'd fit in with the girls. The color guy just has that meathead sound to his voice. It doesn't help that 80% of his analysis is "that was a really good play" or "he has to do a better job on that" with little more detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqVhPDndXM

Edited by MattPie

As for Twitter and email (did we cover this before?), I recommend installing an App on your Chrome browser - e.g., Tweet Deck.

The PBP guy (Saunders) is fairly good at describing the play, but his trademark goal call is to let out a falsetto "GOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!"

yeah - not a good call. reminds me a bit of mark jeanneret's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.