Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

A thorough search for a coach? You mean, they don't just knee-jerk promote their AHL guy?

The letter praises the addition of a assistant coach in Housley. My guess is it'll be a knee-jerk promotion of an assistant instead. I don't think you include that mention in the letter unless he's the guy you're going with. Strangely enough, his coaching history is pretty similar to Rolston's.

And yes, I know that someone is now going to point out Housley's long career as a player.

The letter praises the addition of a assistant coach in Housley. My guess is it'll be a knee-jerk promotion of an assistant instead. I don't think you include that mention in the letter unless he's the guy you're going with. Strangely enough, his coaching history is pretty similar to Rolston's.

And yes, I know that someone is now going to point out Housley's long career as a player.

I strangely feel bad for Nashville now :unsure:

We have our first trade of the offseason...

The Caps just traded a defensive prospect (Jaynen Rissling) to Nashville for a 2014 seventh rounder.

Rissling was a seventh rounder in 2012. 6'4" 223. Big boy.

Edited by Tankalicious

So the Lightening have 2/3 of the candidates for the Calder Trophy this season, and their best prospect is still in Juniors. Both Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat are being "considered" with Mackinnon for the award. They stand no chance winning it, but having two rookies qualify for that alone, especially after that draft, is really impressive. If they can keep it up, and Drouin can play up to his potential, they are going to be real good for a long time.

So the Lightening have 2/3 of the candidates for the Calder Trophy this season, and their best prospect is still in Juniors. Both Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat are being "considered" with Mackinnon for the award. They stand no chance winning it, but having two rookies qualify for that alone, especially after that draft, is really impressive. If they can keep it up, and Drouin can play up to his potential, they are going to be real good for a long time.

The fact that those two ( Johnson/Palat ) are both 23 and MacKinnon is 18 says a lot. Mac will win and rightfully so but imagine how good he'll be at 23.

Edited by bunomatic

Sounds like Wang wants 370 million for 75% of the islanders. I may have misread that but I'll post the link later.

What did the Sabres go for again? I'd have to think the Isles will fetch more than Buffalo did. [Edit] Found it, $165 million is what TP paid. That is shockingly low, at least IMO. With prices like that you could probably get the Panthers for a nice set of golf clubs Edited by WildCard

What did the Sabres go for again? I'd have to think the Isles will fetch more than Buffalo did. [Edit] Found it, $165 million is what TP paid. That is shockingly low, at least IMO. With prices like that you could probably get the Panthers for a nice set of golf clubs

To an extent TG did Buffalo a favor. He never really wanted to be an owner (this was my perception, but I became a fan after he bought it). He just wanted to keep the team in Buffalo. So he bought it, ran it so it broke even most years and sold it for what he paid for it (plus inflation and any loss it had accrued)

Edited by ThirtyEight

To an extent TG did Buffalo a favor. He never really wanted to be an owner (this was my perception, but I became a fan after he bought it). He just wanted to keep the team in Buffalo. So he bought it, ran it so it broke even most years and sold it for what he paid for it (plus inflation and any loss it had accrued)

TG made money on his investment.

"Golisano has done well on his Sabres investment which he bought out of bankruptcy for $92 million in 2003. His cost was actually much lower though as it is believed that as much as $30 million of the purchase price was in the form of debt that was eventually forgiven by state and local governments."

Chatted with Paul Guastad for about 20 minutes this morning at the dog park. I was wearing a Sabres hat, so we struck up a converation. Super cool guy. Really like him. We talked about all things hockey - the Sabres, the Preds, the playoffs, etc.

Edited by Potato

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.