Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Aren't all Canadian teams on Miller's no trade list?

Doubt it. The report was that he won't accept a trade there, but I'm sure he didn't waste spots on the Canadian teams that obviously aren't in the market for him. He probably made it known to the team that he doesn't want to play in Canada and knows they'd likely respect that.

watching hockey central at noon they saying that IOC will pay Tavares salary for remainder of season. This resolves Islander Insurance issues.

I would think that the IOC , IIHF, NHL, NHLPA and anyone else involved all have some type of insurance that one of them would cover the salary of any injured athlete due to an injury at the games.

Unless of course the Olympics require all athletes to sign waivers first saying they can't sue due to injuries received at the games.

If their salaries were in jeopardy if they get hurt and miss any time from the games, I would think you would find more players opting to not go and play in the olympics instead of players whining cause they were left off the team.

Does anyone know of a player who turned down playing in the Olympics because they didn't feel like playing? (Not due to having a pre-existing injury of course)

There's a definite "what the hell, I might as well finish this hit" move from Roussel though.

Yeah exactly. He was pushed a bit but he wasn't trying to stop in anyway. He was following through from his momentum and push. Dick move

But watching that response made me a little sad. Compare and contrast with Lucic were everyone just watched. And no, it isn't because the team hates Miller, it is because we were (are?) pathetic

I F'N HATE the instigator rule!!!!

I'm pretty sure that there was no resulting power play because of it and that hit was worth more than two minutes. It was worth two minutes and a beating.

It is the dumbest thing the league ever has done, and that really says something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.