Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

That staked lamb just keeps looking juicier. There's no way the Islanders pick isn't top five now.

And if this is one of those nine-month ligament issues, the Islanders might be opening their Christmas presents with a Rolston-sized lead in the McDavid derby.

I've always thought top five this year they have to defer, but with a recovering JT and not Vanek, it's tough to see them not being a bottom-five team next year too.

This is looking more and more like Darcy's best trade ever.

Story out of Long Island is that no surgery for Tavares but will be out for at least 8-10weeks.

Story out of Long Island is that no surgery for Tavares but will be out for at least 8-10weeks.

So if he's set to go for the full season next year, which this sounds like he is, would that mean Snow doesn't forfeit the 2014 season i.e. keeps the 2014 top 5 draft pick and attempts to win next year?

So if he's set to go for the full season next year, which this sounds like he is, would that mean Snow doesn't forfeit the 2014 season i.e. keeps the 2014 top 5 draft pick and attempts to win next year?

Speculating, but if Tavares will be all set for opening day in October, I would guess Snow would want to add a top 5 prospect to the team this draft. Vanek is gone and they still need a guy. With the abundance of wingers, I'd take Dal Colle if he is there at 4/5 this season.

2014 NHL must-follow Twitter accounts

With Olympic Games finishing over the weekend and the second half of the NHL season getting under way, there is no better time to get familiar with the professional hockey landscape.

What we have for you is the essential NHL Must Follow Twitter List. We've compiled the names of the top writers, reporters, blogger and analysts in pro hockey, who will be able to provide you with all the information you need to finish off the season in style.

Carey price injured on the first shot taken in practice this morning and will not return to practice. Could be a huge blow for them if their Olympic hero is out long term

Miller for Pacioretty.

Miller for Subban.

Miller for Pacioretty AND Subban.

Come on, board, I know you can do this!

Edited by Eleven

Miller for Pacioretty.

Miller for Subban.

Miller for Pacioretty AND Subban.

Come on, board, I know you can do this!

Miller for Subban and Briere so he can replace price for the game or 2 he might miss (Day to Day)

With Subban they can also convince the Bruins to trade his brother to Buffalo for Erhoff, and then they can send someone else to Columbus to acquire Foligno (the older).

The Sabres then send Moulson to LA for Jordan Nolan and TP considers this a huge win for buffalo and creating the "family atmosphere" he wants

does this mean the end of practice?

Garth Snow agrees. Are the coaches won run teh practice going to refund the season ticket holders who paid good money to see Price play?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.