Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Methinks they're planning on putting some advertising back there and don't want the jerseys tucked in hiding it.
I think so, too.
RNH gets a 7yr extension with Edmonton Mark Spector@SportsnetSpec 1m Oilers announce seven year deal for Nugent -Hopkins. Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 1m 7 years, $42 mil for RNH.
Another great sign of how broken the NHL's system is right now.

TheOfficeStanleyNod_1308403066.jpg

Methinks they're planning on putting some advertising back there and don't want the jerseys tucked in hiding it.

I believe Paul Hamilton nailed this one on the head. The jersey manufacturer has their logo at the bottom of the jersey, considering the money they pay for the rights to make the jerseys it's understandable that they would want their logo visible. I don't think we have to worry about other logos appearing in the near future.

I believe Paul Hamilton nailed this one on the head. The jersey manufacturer has their logo at the bottom of the jersey, considering the money they pay for the rights to make the jerseys it's understandable that they would want their logo visible. I don't think we have to worry about other logos appearing in the near future.

Except Reebok has their logo ... actually, now "REEBOK" ... above the nameplate, not on the tail like the old CCM/KOHO (etc.) jerseys. There is no Reebok logo down there to hide.

Edited by carpandean

The minute jerseys have ads on them is the day I stop buying them.

Remember (old timers) when they sold ads the meme was that it would keep ticket prices down. Never happened. Just more profit. I think it's just a matter of time that our uniforms and rink look like the circus that is European hockey.

Remember (old timers) when they sold ads the meme was that it would keep ticket prices down. Never happened. Just more profit. I think it's just a matter of time that our uniforms and rink look like the circus that is European hockey.

I fully expect it to happen, I just won't support it with my money (and no, I have no delusions about anyone caring :lol: ).

Edited by TrueBluePhD

That money Oilers gave to RNH is absurd. Has to be the highest paid 4 goal scorer in the history of sports.

i don't know enough about the young core that edmonton has to comment, but it's clear that they think the world of The 'Nuge.

i wasn't aware he struggled so badly last year -- his rookie year, he put up some numbers.

what's the AAV? like $6M? i'm sure the thinking is that that will be a good/great deal for the team in a few years when he starts to come into his own.

I know this is out of place, but did Dish Network ever pick up MSG? Once you lose the two year bonuses at Direct TV, their packages and fees are ridiculous. The only reason why i have Direct is the Dish MSG dispute.

Dish has MSG. Also, more info here: http://forums.sabres...-direct-tv-etc/

Also also, I like your Stafford trade avatar.

Edited by Eleven

Kassian to be suspended for breaking Sam Gagne's jaw with a high stick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432544

saw that play. that is a major-league POS move by kassian. on the continuum of unintentional<-->intentional, wielding your stick in that manner is *just* shy of being intentional (i.e., is supremely reckless).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.