Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

In an apparent cost-cutting move (they were already at 23 players), the Senators have assigned the 6th overall pick from 2011 to their AHL affiliate.

http://www.cbssports...ibanejad-to-ahl

We may debate the pros and cons of our owner's actions and motives, but at least we don't have to deal with this sort of sh!t.

I have no problem with it. I don't see the point in sending two forwards up to the press box on any given night (or two d-men, as I've mentioned earlier). Send one of them down to the AHL where he can play each night. At the same time, you bank a little extra cap space for the future. You never know how injuries and future trades are going to impact things.

Even if Ottawa is way below the cap, the extra space may come in very handy later in the year.

I have no problem with it. I don't see the point in sending two forwards up to the press box on any given night (or two d-men, as I've mentioned earlier). Send one of them down to the AHL where he can play each night. At the same time, you bank a little extra cap space for the future. You never know how injuries and future trades are going to impact things.

Even if Ottawa is way below the cap, the extra space may come in very handy later in the year.

Well, management has come out and said that the player in question (Zibanejad) "let two players come into camp and take his job." So they're styling it as play-/merit-based.

Kessel gets 8 for 8!:

@DarrenDreger

Kessel deal is 8 years,aprox $8 mil per. Believed to include ltd no-trade. It's not complete..not signed, but announcement expected today.

The top comment on TSN when I read the article there: "That's a lot of money to pay a lumberjack."

And I think it's an absurd contract.

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.