The "trial" of Terry Pegula

PASabreFan

When MMA opened I had season tickets behind a guy who every single game ate two fried bologna sandwiches and a huge tub of buttered popcorn.  He was probably 40-ish years old.  I often wonder if that guy is still around, and if he still walks the earth is he downing the fried bologna at the same rate?

We used to call those elephant ears. He's probably on his last legs. Watching the Sabres from his assisted living facility. 

Edited by X. Benedict

What?

When you read the prior page of posts, did you see any warnings not to criticize TP?  Any threats of being banned?  Any indication of a conflict of interest or other sinister motives?  Anything a-tall that would substantiate these hysterical accusations? 

Do you perchance attend Yale, and did you get a bit upset at the rally regarding Halloween costumes?

Do you not think that I am entitled to my opinion about TP and his motives, just as everyone else here is? 

What exactly has been "censored?"

If the board is too "self-moderated," why are you complaining about the moderators?

WTH are you talking about? 

Now I had to google "yale halloween costume" and I am sad and fearful.

When MMA opened I had season tickets behind a guy who every single game ate two fried bologna sandwiches and a huge tub of buttered popcorn.  He was probably 40-ish years old.  I often wonder if that guy is still around, and if he still walks the earth is he downing the fried bologna at the same rate?

Fact:  I had a fried bologna at Saturday's game.

Love that guy.

Now I had to google "yale halloween costume" and I am sad and fearful.

As did I. Oh, for the love of the sweet baby Jesus. 

There really is a subset of our great American culture that is totally amok. Evidence of an empire in decline, I'd say.

Good? Do they mean business or is it slimy?

It is not slimy.

Love that guy.

As did I. Oh, for the love of the sweet baby Jesus. 

There really is a subset of our great American culture that is totally amok. Evidence of an empire in decline, I'd say.

Right?  When you're offended by a professor saying that it's ok to let college students make costume choices, I'd say you're having a pretty good life.

Right?  When you're offended by a professor saying that it's ok to let college students make costume choices, I'd say you're having a pretty good life.

I saw the one video clip - that girl was out. of. control. Madness.

It does seem a bit like chickens coming home to roost after a significant cohort of advantaged kids were raised with their parents always at their side, advocating for them, managing their environments.

eleven rightly pointed out that shrader shouldn't have put the blurb about the OHL owner meddling with his coaches in the thread about why Terry bought the Sabres. It belongs here, in a thread about owner meddling. So have at it.

It's also been almost a year, so it's probably time to revisit the issue of Terry's meddling. Has he gotten better? Stopped entirely?

I honestly thought you were joking, and I legitimately laughed. Then I saw you really did re-open this thread, and now I'm sad.

• 1 month later...

Pegula again makes the Forbes annual 400 list (#138)

http://www.forbes.com/profile/terrence-pegula/

Here's an interesting article on the wealth gap of those 400 to the rest of us smucks

Our wealthiest 400 now have more wealth combined than the bottom 61 percent of the U.S. population, an estimated 70 million households, or 194 million people. That’s more people than the population of Canada and Mexico combined.

http://www.ips-dc.org/billionaire-bonanza/

I will say this PA.  When I see how much wealth Pegula has, it makes me furious to think the city of Buffalo and county of Erie would use tax payer dollars to fund a new NFL stadium.  He's a Billionaire, let him pay for it himself. Use tax money to actually help people or upgrade Buffalo's infrastructure like the telecoms. We could probably run fiber to every corner of Erie county with 500 million bucks to spend.

Let the billionaires build their own s#!t and stop stealing more money from the poor people of the county.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.