The "trial" of Terry Pegula

PASabreFan

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I happened upon that video after watching the Leggio-does-Maguire video. I put it here as a joke. Now, I'm not so sure how funny it is.

Why is the owner of the Amerks asking players to take a blood test? Shouldn't diet be the domain of the team's medical and training staff? Is the test even valid? Is Terry too eccentric for his own good? Did he also ask Sabres to take it?

You know, I happened upon that video after watching the Leggio-does-Maguire video. I put it here as a joke. Now, I'm not so sure how funny it is.

Why is the owner of the Amerks asking players to take a blood test? Shouldn't diet be the domain of the team's medical and training staff? Is the test even valid? Is Terry too eccentric for his own good? Did he also ask Sabres to take it?

I do find it strange that he says "Pegula gave us this test" rather than "The team gave us..." or "the trainers gave us..."

Sabres, too, according to this report:

Leggio, along with several other members of the team, are finding out that food really does fuel the brain and body. Owner Terry Pegula ask players on both the Sabres and Amerks to voluntarily take a blood test that can tell what foods work and which ones don't.

http://cityliving.whec.com/news/news/95146-eating-right-playing-better

the reporter said that members of the sabres were also asked to take it. not clear whether she was saying that in reference to certain amerks who were with the big club at the time, but safe to infer that it was an organ-eye-ztion-wide request.

I do find it strange that he says "Pegula gave us this test" rather than "The team gave us..." or "the trainers gave us..."

same here. maybe there were legal-ish reasons for it? seems sort of pretextual, but maybe they didn't want the employer doing the asking?

meh. that doesn't seem to wash.

more likely, it's something that terry got enamored with through his tennis playing daughter.

is it junk science? dunno.

the charitable view of it is that he's doing whatever he can to help his players be better players. (*sigh*)

EDIT: Ummmm ....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-11/health/ct-met-food-intolerance-tests-20120411_1_food-intolerance-food-sensitivities-food-additives

Edited by That Aud Smell

I've never been more depressed about the future of the Sabres.

Let's see. We've got an owner who micromanages his team to the point of wanting to know if Cody McCormick's tummy feels all oogy after eating a banana — and yet some fans still aren't convinced Pegula is a meddler, and that meddling cost us Pat LaFontaine's services.

Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic about my fellow fans. Support for Terry does seem to be waning. At the very least, the fanbois are in hiding. Seriously, is there anyone willing to step up and defend this guy any more?

Let's see. We've got an owner who micromanages his team to the point of wanting to know if Cody McCormick's tummy feels all oogy after eating a banana — and yet some fans still aren't convinced Pegula is a meddler, and that meddling cost us Pat LaFontaine's services.

Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic about my fellow fans. Support for Terry does seem to be waning. At the very least, the fanbois are in hiding. Seriously, is there anyone willing to step up and defend this guy any more?

I think I'm becoming fatigued with it. The team stinks. Like, they're historically terrible. There's no expectation of improvement in the immediate future. Despite the PLF kerfluffle, TP has CP and TM doing the hockey stuff. So that's a good thing.

I'll say this: If TM (and CP) can have us back in playoff contention in a few years with a roster trending upward a la Colorado, a story like this would have a very, very different hue and cast to it.

And without intending to revisit the PLF mystery, it seems fair to infer that part of the blame there rightly falls on PLF and not just an eccentric, meddlesome, horizontally-organized owner.

It's not so much that folks don't think he's a meddler as much as folks accept that it is his team to meddle with as he sees fit.

and like Aud, I've got some serious Sabres fatigue goin' and I just cannot muster up the emotional budget to give a rats ass about much of any of this stuff right now.

It's not so much that folks don't think he's a meddler as much as folks accept that it is his team to meddle with as he sees fit.

and like Aud, I've got some serious Sabres fatigue goin' and I just cannot muster up the emotional budget to give a rats ass about much of any of this stuff right now.

What if I told you Terry Pegula was meddling with the Premium Whiskey market?

I'll defend Pegula when he needs defending. You're very clear about your point of view and everything you come across confirms it definitively, it's tiresome.

If only we can get an owner that has deep pockets and wants to win.

I'll readily admit I don't read too many of the front office-type posts so maybe I've missed something, but why do you say he meddles?

What has he done to sour you - and evidently just about everybody else - so much?

If only we can get an owner that has deep pockets and wants to win.

That's clearly not enough. I've never denied either one of those points, by the way.

I'll defend Pegula when he needs defending. You're very clear about your point of view and everything you come across confirms it definitively, it's tiresome.

Fair enough. Where do you stand on professional sports owners asking their players to take blood tests and go on elimination diets? Smart?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.