The "trial" of Terry Pegula

PASabreFan

The charge: meddling. I'm more than happy to lead the prosecution. I'm serious. I think it could be fun. We'll pick jurors, have opening and closing arguments, deliberation, a verdict.

Anyone want to defend him? Throw your name into the jury pool?

P.S. We need a judge. I've never seen chz in a black robe, but if anybody could "clear a courtroom"...

The charge: meddling. I'm more than happy to lead the prosecution. I'm serious. I think it could be fun. We'll pick jurors, have opening and closing arguments, deliberation, a verdict.

:unsure:

And try to find an impartial jury, or judge for that mattter.

Over the top, I think this preposterous. First we do not know what kind of relationship Pegula has with hockey decisions and if he really was meddling would Darcy still be here? Second, I think it is way too early in his ownership history to have any opinion one way or another on his management strategy even if he is as you suggest, meddling.

Sometimes a little meddling can be good and other times bad, I think the jury should not even be called at this point and only an on going investigation should be announced.

Edited by North Buffalo

I have no feeling one way or the other of Mr. Pegula's role with the team. I don't feel I have enough information to make an informed decision as to whether or not he's been to involved, not involved enough or absent altogether with no sympathy for the fan base.

I'd like to hear the case being brought by PA on this, it will be interesting.

I'd like to hear the case being brought by PA on this, it will be interesting.

PA has a long history of tearing down Buffalo Sabres ownership. His whereabouts are fuzzy at best on the nights of May 22nd, 1996 and June 23rd, 1998, the nights of the mysterious murders of the Knox Brothers. PA's sick plot gets deeper when you find he was aid the the chief legal council for Adelphia, and was likely the last person to to speak with President George W. Bush prior to his decision not to pardon the Rigas Family in 2008. And in the most "comic book villian" act to date, PA is known to have been following Tom Galisano around for years, stealthily slipping packets of sugar stolen form local restaurants into his pockets.

It was only a matter of time before PA and his Deluminati henchmen moved on the TP.

PA has a long history of tearing down Buffalo Sabres ownership. His whereabouts are fuzzy at best on the nights of May 22nd, 1996 and June 23rd, 1998, the nights of the mysterious murders of the Knox Brothers. PA's sick plot gets deeper when you find he was aid the the chief legal council for Adelphia, and was likely the last person to to speak with President George W. Bush prior to his decision not to pardon the Rigas Family in 2008. And in the most "comic book villian" act to date, PA is known to have been following Tom Galisano around for years, stealthily slipping packets of sugar stolen form local restaurants into his pockets.

It was only a matter of time before PA and his Deluminati henchmen moved on the TP.

The above is good legal strategy, attack the accuser and let me add to it does PA have any relationship to a certain negative Buffalo News reporter or more plausibly to certain Canadian entrepenneur who wants to put a team in Hamilton.... I smell a conspiracy :P

Edited by North Buffalo

PA, considerations of due process first require that the crime be defined with a constitutionally-sufficient level of detail.

full marks for "Deluminati". never heard of that one.

Not guilty.. Over zealous prosecutor apparently trying to put a notch on his keyboard. Loaded with nothing more than circumstantial evidence gathered from moronic beat writers, twitter-ers and message board GMs.

I'm worried about you PA......last guy from the state who wanted to bring up some charges ended up MIA and his hard drive at the bottom of the river.

Out of Office Reply: Sorry to have missed your post. I will be away from the keyboard until Monday, April 29. I will reply to your message at that time.

PA, considerations of due process first require that the crime be defined with a constitutionally-sufficient level of detail.

full marks for "Deluminati". never heard of that one.

Your honor?

Your honor?

Ha. Sure thing, if you'd like.

But who'll be the legislative body that frames the law that Uncle Terry's charged with violating?

In terms of a jury, I think you're best served by framing the questions that would be found on a verdict sheet in a separate poll thread.

Ha. Sure thing, if you'd like.

But who'll be the legislative body that frames the law that Uncle Terry's charged with violating?

In terms of a jury, I think you're best served by framing the questions that would be found on a verdict sheet in a separate poll thread.

Great! You've always been one of my favorite posters. If I see that you've replied to a post, it's a must click for me.

Isn't the "law" already on the books? I would submit that the charge of "meddling" is universally understood in the context of sports owners. I would cite Bettman v. Avery. No definition of "sloppy seconds" found its way into the proceedings.

Edited by PASabreFan

P.S. We need a judge. I've never seen chz in a black robe, but if anybody could "clear a courtroom"...

Is this a trial or military tribunal?

PTR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.