Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

New unis this season?

https://mobile.twitt...3094913/photo/1

That would be welcome if true, that neck collar looked ridiculous.

Seriously. Someone should alert the Sabres about this to let them know that it's not that hard to remove completely unnecessary elements of your uniform (like, say, armpit stains, vertical piping, and silver outlines around EVERYTHING in your logo).

As for the draft, you could argue that Manuel has the highest upside of all the QBs but the notion of the Bills developing a raw talent into a star player is hilarious given their track record. The other three picks are all kinda "meh" too.

I'm excited about having normal looking collars on the uniforms though.

He sounds like an idiot. Goodman was a wasted pick as well.

I don't know if Goodwin is a wasted pick. I think players like him play a pretty big role in the NFL, because they may only touch the ball a few times, each time could have solid impact. But, what this pick does do, is make TJ Graham a waste. What role does he have on the team now? Not only doesn't TJ know how to run routes, but Goodwin kills him in any category.

I don't know if Goodwin is a wasted pick. I think players like him play a pretty big role in the NFL, because they may only touch the ball a few times, each time could have solid impact. But, what this pick does do, is make TJ Graham a waste. What role does he have on the team now? Not only doesn't TJ know how to run routes, but Goodwin kills him in any category.

I think it's about creating mismatches all over the field.

I would love it if the Bills picked Tyler Wilson. That would be awesome. EDIT: Almost entirely because of Dwight.

Edited by qwksndmonster

He sounds like an idiot. Goodman was a wasted pick as well.

From watching the draft coverage on ESPN and The NFL Network the one thing that became very apparent was that this was a very weak draft class across the board. I would expect a relatively small percentage of the players drafted this year will make their team's opening day roster. There was a lot of practice squad level talent available, not much in NFL ready talent.

That was the perfect opportunity to grab the second quarterback, dammit.

They must not give 2 crapolas about Nassib, because if that was my guy and i was Marrone, I'd be jumping on the table in the 4th. Maybe they like Jones or Wilson and can trade up at the end of the 4th or wait on him in the 5th.

I liked this pick of Williams a lot. It's the first pick I'm not lukewarm about at best. There were a lot of decent safeties, and this guy doesn't have tons of upside from what I see, but he is a gamer. He is pretty quick and fluid in his movement, but has no burst. A little undersized, but I think he makes the team for sure and could spot start in a year or 2.

The WR from Texas was another baffler. TJ Graham had the worst pass-catching drill at the combine last year...and this kid had it this year. He walked down the line and still managed to miss half the balls, and he was so worried about running fast, he misjudged his longballs by like 5 yards......it's a crazy pick.

Woods from USC is ok. He is sort of a B at everything. Ok build, ok smoothness, hands.....but he has something off in his stride. They said he had ankle issues....and I hope the hitch is a result of that, not the cause of it. He almost runs like a short track speedskater pushes. Lots of wasted energy and injury potential. He was productive though. I'm thinking Russell Copeland here........

I have no idea about Kiko.....no wonder he is a stonecold drunk....the guy looks like a felon to begin with, and his parents name him Kiko. He looks undersized to me. Add in the issues and it looks like a big reach considering who else was on the board.

They must not give 2 crapolas about Nassib, because if that was my guy and i was Marrone, I'd be jumping on the table in the 4th. Maybe they like Jones or Wilson and can trade up at the end of the 4th or wait on him in the 5th.

Jones and Wilson gone. The 4th was the right round to do it.

Edited by Eleven

Apparently we like taking players about 1 round before they're expected to be drafted. That is fine if you have a GM who knows what he is doing, but...

what do you mean? the Bills a just a huge joke right now because we drafted a 4th round player in the 1st, clearly the GM knows what hes doing <_<

I don't know what to make of this year's draft. They have some holes on the line that they did not fill. They were reasonably quiet in free agency. The pundits didn't outright pan them with most giving them around a C. I don't think an average draft is what this team can afford. We shall see.

I think they should throw Manuel out there from the get go. I'd watch. The prospect of watching Kevin Kolb is about as exciting to me as putting cucumbers on a salad.

Tebow.

Skip Bayless?

I don't know what to make of this year's draft. They have some holes on the line that they did not fill. They were reasonably quiet in free agency. The pundits didn't outright pan them with most giving them around a C. I don't think an average draft is what this team can afford. We shall see.

I think they should throw Manuel out there from the get go. I'd watch. The prospect of watching Kevin Kolb is about as exciting to me as putting cucumbers on a salad.

Well, even if Kolb starts, it can't be any worse than watching Fitzpatrick the past couple of years.

Tebow will be back in the NFL once he realizes that he's not an NFL QB. He could find a role somewhere (and apparently was offered one?) as an H-back/catching TE/special teamer/occasional option slash guy.

Schefter (I think) tweeted out this morning that Tebow's agent was allowed to try to find a trade partner before the Jets released him, and apparently a few teams were interested in converting him to a TE exactly as you say, and Tebow said he wasn't willing to do it. I guess he'd rather be out of the NFL than change positions.

The WR from Texas was another baffler. TJ Graham had the worst pass-catching drill at the combine last year...and this kid had it this year. He walked down the line and still managed to miss half the balls, and he was so worried about running fast, he misjudged his longballs by like 5 yards......it's a crazy pick.
Buddy Nix drafts like a less crazy Al Davis. Really a huge emphasis on measurables.

the texas speedster had me giving a "WTF?" to my mobile device on friday night as well. i hadn't heard/read about how he and graham were the 2 biggest stone-hands in consecutive combines. not an auspicious distinction. i get having one of those guys, but two? just weird.

trueblue's point is well taken - when you hear nix talk about prospects (the size of manuel's hands, as a specific example) - he sounds like he's talking about livestock.

He's the thing, I don't like this draft, much like I haven't liked every draft for as long as I can remember, but the difference this year is they took a QB. While the last 10 years I knew for certain they were going to continue to suck. This year, I could be wrong. No matter how good Gilmore, Dareus. Spiller, Wood, Maybin, McKelvin, Lynch, McCargo, and Whitner became, the team was doomed. At least by picking a QB at 1 they're giving themselves a chance.

Da'Rick Rogers is an intriguing pick up. He could've been a 1st or 2nd rounder if he hadn't been kicked out of school. He was passed over 7 times by every team in the draft, a humbling event that put a massive chip on his shoulder. He's big, he's fast, and if he can get his head in the right place he could be the steal of the draft. The Bills are forming a young offensive core: a QB and a bunch of WRs.

Schefter (I think) tweeted out this morning that Tebow's agent was allowed to try to find a trade partner before the Jets released him, and apparently a few teams were interested in converting him to a TE exactly as you say, and Tebow said he wasn't willing to do it. I guess he'd rather be out of the NFL than change positions.

Smart is one thing he'll never be confused for.

Da'Rick Rogers is an intriguing pick up. He could've been a 1st or 2nd rounder if he hadn't been kicked out of school. He was passed over 7 times by every team in the draft, a humbling event that put a massive chip on his shoulder. He's big, he's fast, and if he can get his head in the right place he could be the steal of the draft. The Bills are forming a young offensive core: a QB and a bunch of WRs.

I heard him compared to Moulds and a young T.O.

Um, yes, please!

It was funny -- the best pre-draft thing I read (ever) was in Rolling Stone (link below) -- where among other items the author offered the following gem:

DRAFT THE WEED GUY. There's never been a more obvious year to capitalize on failed-drug-test draft fallers. To quickly recap: guys who batter cheerleaders with bricks or commit armed robbery or drive drunk with loaded pistols in their glove compartments are genuine character concerns, but a kid who just likes to smoke weed... that's every college student in America. You want your star athlete, if he's going to have a vice, to be a pothead. In fact, hopefully, he's going straight from practice to his TV, blazing up and watching cartoons all afternoon. That means he's not getting in real trouble. Yet every year, great talents like Percy Harvin and Moss and Sapp plummet in the draft because of failed weed tests, and smart teams scoop them up, put them on the Whizzinator therapy plan, and cash in big-time.

Three big-time players fall into this category this year: ex-LSU corner Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu, ex-Tennessee/Tennessee Tech receiver Da'Rick Rogers, and that California wideout Keenan Allen. Minus the drug issue, Rogers might have been the top wide receiver on the board this year – he was one of the best wideouts in college in 2011 and should have been first-team all-SEC that year over both LSU's Reuben Randle (who had a good rookie year in the NFL last fall) and Arkansas wideout Jarius Wright (who didn't). The guy is built like a young T.O., has great hands, and runs like the proverbial bowling ball covered with razor blades. But he's going in the second or third round, if not later, because he failed drug tests, got booted from Tennessee and had to spend this year getting triple-covered at Tennessee Tech (where he still managed to

on a middle screen last November).

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/the-nfl-draft-decoded-part-iii-20130423

He's by FAR the most talented WR in the draft.

He's also got the most problems.

This draft will make the pre-season exciting, if nothing else.

Have you seen Kolb play before?

He was 4-0 last year before getting hurt. He also did that behind THE WORST O-line I've ever seen in any level of Football.

He's no Manning, but he's leaps and bounds better than Fitzpatrick. He just needs to stay healthy, and part of that is playing behind a stable line and having better weapons around him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.