Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

I admit to never having heard his name before today, but the draft geeks here at work tell me that while the pick may have been a reach, his ceiling probably makes it worth it. They also said that he's a really solid kid, too.

ah, much better.

Well, given his skill sets yet the rawness of them at this time, I just felt there were other positions that could have been upgraded or, in the Bills case, addressed, as opposed to the QB situation given the high risk I felt Manuel is. It's just a personal opinion, I watched him several games this past season, he made some down right terrible decisions on throws and in other cases his accuracy was what I would consider below average even for raw talent.

That's not to say he could not be a franchise QB, it's just to point out I personally felt there were better choices available come the 2nd round and I feel he would have been there in the 2nd round in any event.

Once again, it's just my personal views, I don't hate the pick, I don't love the pick. I'd much preferred they went with best available as opposed to what I would consider such a high risk investment with that pick.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to come across as an ass. Just comes naturally sometimes.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to come across as an ass. Just comes naturally sometimes.

Same here. And it's always enjoyable to talk Bills draft, especially some of the hind sight doosy's we've had these past 12 years or so. But I was really hoping they'd address that defensive back field this season. May not have been super star talent there, but a couple of solid players really stood out to me, especially Reid from LSU.

In any event, what is done is done on round 1, let's see who the look at in round 2, personally, I see them going WR then TE if Ertz is off the board by 41, if not, then there is no reason not to take Ertz I would think. They need a threat of the end of the line that can block some to.

Consensus seems to be Manuel has the strongest arm and is the best natural athlete amongst the QBs. He can run and he can stand in the pocket

He is also been consistently described as a natural leader, intelligent, hard-working and a great kid.

His accuracy and decision-making have been questioned, yet his completion percentage is something like 68 per cent and he's thrown twice as many touchdowns as picks.

His big game ability has been questioned yet he is 25-6 as a starter, 4 for 4 in bowl games, 5 for 6 against FSU's biggest rivals Florida and Miami and the senior bowl MVP.

Some media experts see holes in his game that discount all of the as something of a mirage. The Bills see differently.

It will be a while before we know who is right, but I am happy with the first round. Manuel seems like a kid I can cheer for.

They swung for the fences and likely added another starter in the process by trading down.

I'm indifferent. The guy is big and smart. He seems to throw flatfooted many times and from what I was told, either goes to his first look, maybe second, then bolts.

The Bills at least pick up another 2nd, and got the 1st guy off the board. Either set the market, or clean up the value scraps.

This really is a weak draft.....guys that look like they could be nice players but a 2nd or 3rd, are going in the first this year. Reid the safety, Long and Puhl go bang in a row. I look at all those guys and say...yeah, they will probably be ok.

And LGR.....you need to tell us ahead of time that the girl is from FSU before you start asking dating advice. No need to pull a hamstring on the run when you can walk into the endzone......

something I should know about FSU girls?

It's kind of sad, but seeing LGR rant and rave about this pick makes me more comfortable with it.

thats nice

Consensus seems to be Manuel has the strongest arm and is the best natural athlete amongst the QBs. He can run and he can stand in the pocket

He is also been consistently described as a natural leader, intelligent, hard-working and a great kid.

His accuracy and decision-making have been questioned, yet his completion percentage is something like 68 per cent and he's thrown twice as many touchdowns as picks.

His big game ability has been questioned yet he is 25-6 as a starter, 4 for 4 in bowl games, 5 for 6 against FSU's biggest rivals Florida and Miami and the senior bowl MVP.

Just remember about his completion percentage is he played in the ACC, they have questionable defenses at best.

Some media experts see holes in his game that discount all of the as something of a mirage. The Bills see differently.

It will be a while before we know who is right, but I am happy with the first round. Manuel seems like a kid I can cheer for.

They swung for the fences and likely added another starter in the process by trading down.

A note on the accuracy and completion percentage thing: we know they're not one in the same. Just because a pass is completed doesn't mean it was put in the right place, or in stride, and so on. That said, I think the only accuracy which has really been questioned by anyone is the deep ball. From what I've seen his long ball is pretty hit or miss, but I never observed much of a problem on short and intermediate throws.

A note on the accuracy and completion percentage thing: we know they're not one in the same. Just because a pass is completed doesn't mean it was put in the right place, or in stride, and so on. That said, I think the only accuracy which has really been questioned by anyone is the deep ball. From what I've seen his long ball is pretty hit or miss, but I never observed much of a problem on short and intermediate throws.

His issue is anticipation more than anything. Openings close quicker in the NHL so he needs to through Receivers open and I doubt he can. I hope I am extremely wrong

something I should know about FSU girls?

http://www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=node/92

Fun FSU story.......a friend of mine was an FSU grad and friends with a certain NFL player who is now retired. He relayed a story to me of how he took part in certain acts of passion with this player's girlfriend who later became his wife. It was quite detailed and quite funny. A few years later after learning this story and just throwing it in the back of my mental files, this player who was in a key position, came to Buffalo late in the season to play the Bills in a game where Buffalo was very much alive for the playoffs. I called my friend from the tailgate to inform him I was going to get the attention of this player in warmups and let him know just what had happened between his wife and friend. Knowing what devious thoughts I am capable of, and of my passionate fandom....he really thought I was going to go through with it.

Sadly, I showed some morals....and the Bills lost.

I think Wolfie went to FSU? Maybe he has some good stories about the ladies there.......

And I'm sure your girl is fine. She cooked you sauce, right? As long as it wasn't Puttanesca.........

Really, there seems to be some comparisons to be made with Manuel and Grigorenko — they both have top-notch size and skill packages and have put up great numbers.

But each seems to have left their share of scouts questioning whether they have all the ingredients to carry that over to the next level of competition.

Really, there seems to be some comparisons to be made with Manuel and Grigorenko — they both have top-notch size and skill packages and have put up great numbers.

But each seems to have left their share of scouts questioning whether they have all the ingredients to carry that over to the next level of competition.

Manuel can't skate for ######.

http://www2.erie.gov...x.php?q=node/92

Fun FSU story.......a friend of mine was an FSU grad and friends with a certain NFL player who is now retired. He relayed a story to me of how he took part in certain acts of passion with this player's girlfriend who later became his wife. It was quite detailed and quite funny. A few years later after learning this story and just throwing it in the back of my mental files, this player who was in a key position, came to Buffalo late in the season to play the Bills in a game where Buffalo was very much alive for the playoffs. I called my friend from the tailgate to inform him I was going to get the attention of this player in warmups and let him know just what had happened between his wife and friend. Knowing what devious thoughts I am capable of, and of my passionate fandom....he really thought I was going to go through with it.

Sadly, I showed some morals....and the Bills lost.

I think Wolfie went to FSU? Maybe he has some good stories about the ladies there.......

And I'm sure your girl is fine. She cooked you sauce, right? As long as it wasn't Puttanesca.........

interesting and yes she made spaghetti sauce and is an excellent cook. as far as other FSU girls, i don't know any lol but your story was intriguing.

Still dislike the pick but lets see how the second round goes... maybe we will draft Nassib today lol.

It's kind of sad, but seeing LGR rant and rave about this pick makes me more comfortable with it.

Not to ruin your day, I like the pick a lot.

It was a very smart move, they got the QB they wanted and picked up the #46 pick in the draft. The Bills used 1 pick to possibly fill two needs. That's smart asset management.

Hey guys remember that one time when the Bills reached on a QB even though no one else drafted one til the jets in RND 2 meaning we would have gotten the same guy in rnd 2? Remember that? Remember when we passed on all those other good players for no other reason than sheer incompetence? Yea those were good times.

ps. don't feed me the line someone else would have taken Emanuel, because no one was ###### taking him in round 1.

guess we want to suck this year so we can draft Clowney next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.