Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

whether or not some or any of your prognostications comes true, your level of attention to and comprehension of the bills and the nfl makes me view my fandom as though it belonged to a pink-uniform-wearing blue-light-lime-drinking ditzoid.

I'm only doing what I do with the horses.....it's 90% the same process and physical attributes. I didn't know the names of most of the guys I liked and had never seen them play. At an auction, there may be 300 horses that have never run a race in their life....they work out in front of you, you disect the video, then you make a short list and go to the barns and visit them. There you can see up close what their personality and intelligence (edit, haha!) is like....and can scope out any medical issues. That's the only thing I can't do from here with the draft prospects...if they have an issue, hard to know. I guess you can say Pedigree plays a role here too. What school the guy is from....USC QB's usually blow......Texas can't get you a star....etc.

It's easy when it's fun!

Here is my post from last year. I am very happy with how it turned out. Kendricks started for the Eagles from week 1 and had 70 tackles, Osemele started at tackle and guard for the Ravens, Hayward started for GB and had 6 INTs...all those guys went in the 2nd, then Givens lasted til the 4th but had 42 rec for 698yds, Allen went in the 3rd and had 40 catches for 500yds.....oh, and Dennard got arrested!

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20028-the-buffalo-bills-2011/page__st__1880?do=findComment&comment=389901

I liked last year MUCH more than this year. Guys being projected in the 1st and 2nd look like 4th to 7th rounders to me. The top of the draft is eh......l

Why move Glenn to guard when he seemed to do a pretty fine job as a rookie LT?

If the Bills can protect him he should be able to remain healthy. I remember watching some videos of his college play (some time ago) and he would get rocked every fifth play just standing in the pocket and making a throw.

Glenn started to get beat a lot outside by the end of the year. I wasn't thrilled with the pick last year, but on the field he was decent. If you want your best 5 on the field though, at this point it might make sense. I don't know what the Bills are thinking though.

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

Chiefs take a tackle

Jax took a tackle.

Fins trade into 3rd and take Dion Jordan.... Wow

Eagles take a tackle..

Detroit takes a DE, Anisah

Next two picks are interesting, Cle and Ari.. Who trades into Cle's pick?

Cle takes DE, Mingo

Getting really interesting now with only the Cards left to take a QB

Ari takes G, Cooper

Buffalo on clock with choice of all QBs.. Can they look past Nassib

THEY TRADE THE PICK.. Get a 2nd and 7th and swap 3rds. Now pick 17th

STL takes WR, Austin

Jets take CB, Milliner .... That was my Buffalo pick prediction.

Ten takes G, Warmack

Still no QBs with SD, OAK, Jets next

SD take T, Fluker

Will OAK take Smith? Nope.

OAK takes CB, Hayden

Jets takes DT, Richardson

Edited by wjag

The EJ and CJ offence.

Don't forget TJ.

I'm hoping the Bills select Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers with one of the second round picks. While i am no football expert and i never played the sport so my opinion shouldn't really matter on this subject, but i love what both bring to a football team.

I'm tickled the pick wasn't Nassib. Seems like they had a good day and the Jets took two head scratchers instead of Tavon. Interesting move by the Fins.

A side note to the Bills trading down is that they pretty much traded Tavon Austin to the NFC and kept him away from the Jets. When the Cardinals took Cooper the Jets had to had already started writing Austin's name on the draft card.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills stay at 9 and 14 in the second round or will they target a player and move up.

A side note to the Bills trading down is that they pretty much traded Tavon Austin to the NFC and kept him away from the Jets. When the Cardinals took Cooper the Jets had to had already started writing Austin's name on the draft card.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills stay at 9 and 14 in the second round or will they target a player and move up.

They should stay right where they are. They need the picks. I'd like to see them pull a DC and pick up another quarterback, maybe early Saturday.

Guest Sloth

They should stay right where they are. They need the picks. I'd like to see them pull a DC and pick up another quarterback, maybe early Saturday.

I'll second that. If Buffalo does draft another qb, I'm hoping they take Glennon out of NC State. The guy has a strong arm, completed 59% percent of his passes, threw for over 4,000 yards and had a 31 -17 td/int ratio. And analysts also feel he has good pocket presence. However, this is where the bad comes in and it has become rather typical for Buffalo qb's. Analysts think he has poor decision making. Drafting a qb is a huge gamble in this year's draft. That is why I think the Bills should take another qb. I'd want Nassib, but his arm isn't that strong. I don't care if he knows Marrone's approach to the game.

I am stunned. You all should be outraged that they just wasted a 1st round pick on ###### EJ Manuel. I immediately starting getting messages of ppl laughing and the bills stupidity. He was ranked anywhere from 4thbest to 6/7th and we took him at 16 overall. Buddy Nix is a moron. There were at least 3 QB's who are better and nope we grab a warm weather QB who played in the ACC. Funny thing was the girl I have been on some dates with is a Seminole and we had the draft on when the pick came down... So I start freaking out and she proceeds to calm me down. I am still pissed today. EJ Manuel over Geno, and Nassib, and Barkely.... what the hell were this freaking morons thinking? You could have drafted him in the 2nd round and the f#c#er still would have been there!

This pick sucks and if it were the NHL instead of the NFL I would probably in full mutiny mode. Right now I just hope in 8 Months someone drags this post back up and we magically have gotten lucky with Manuel but I don't see it happening. I really do not see it when ppl who watch more college football in a week than most do in a decade are sending me messages like "Buddy Nix is ###### Idiot"

Watch the Video, even this guy is like WTF?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9213025

/ENDRANT

I am stunned. You all should be outraged that they just wasted a 1st round pick on ###### EJ Manuel. I immediately starting getting messages of ppl laughing and the bills stupidity. He was ranked anywhere from 4thbest to 6/7th and we took him at 16 overall. Buddy Nix is a moron. There were at least 3 QB's who are better and nope we grab a warm weather QB who played in the ACC. Funny thing was the girl I have been on some dates with is a Seminole and we had the draft on when the pick came down... So I start freaking out and she proceeds to calm me down. I am still pissed today. EJ Manuel over Geno, and Nassib, and Barkely.... what the hell were this freaking morons thinking? You could have drafted him in the 2nd round and the f#c#er still would have been there!

This pick sucks and if it were the NHL instead of the NFL I would probably in full mutiny mode. Right now I just hope in 8 Months someone drags this post back up and we magically have gotten lucky with Manuel but I don't see it happening. I really do not see it when ppl who watch more college football in a week than most do in a decade are sending me messages like "Buddy Nix is ###### Idiot"

Watch the Video, even this guy is like WTF?

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9213025

/ENDRANT

On the other hand there are a number of people who have said he has the most upside of any QB in the draft. Bills traded down, got 2 extra picks and got the guy they wanted. No one in Buffalo is ever happy. But I'm sure your friends know more about football than professional scouts.

Manuel was the wrong pick given the need for a franchise QB.

He is the complete package, but he won't be the starter this coming season I suspect. Kolb was brought in for that.

Manuel needs polishing for sure. There was better talent available at other positions with this pick in my most humble opinion and I follow college and the combine pretty close. Very High Risk.

As for the 2nd round picks, ILB and TE are my choices personally, but I feel they will go with S and WR.

Once again, just a gut feeling with the Bills on this.

For some reason, no matter who is the GM of this team, they have had some terrible drafting over the years, Nix has been the most stable out of the bunch though, so, I'll defer what little knowledge I have of scouting players to him and his team of scouts. They know much more than I, but I still find that 16th overall pick highly suspect, only time will tell.

I would definitely like to see another QB grabbed in the 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Taro T

He is the complete package, but he won't be the starter this coming season I suspect. Kolb was brought in for that.

Manuel needs polishing for sure. There was better talent available at other positions with this pick in my most humble opinion and I follow college and the combine pretty close. Very High Risk.

As for the 2nd round picks, ILB and TE are my choices personally, but I feel they will go with S and WR.

Once again, just a gut feeling with the Bills on this.

For some reason, no matter who is the GM of this team, they have had some terrible drafting over the years, Nix has been the most stable out of the bunch though, so, I'll defer what little knowledge I have of scouting players to him and his team of scouts. They know much more than I, but I still find that 16th overall pick highly suspect, only time will tell.

??

??

He is the complete package,

Nothing like selectively pulling pieces of a post out to fit the need for ??

How about questioning the entire post, not a part and parcel of one. I gave my opinion on why I felt he was the wrong pick in the following sentence. There is no reason for the ??

I actually watched enough Florida State to have an opinion on Manuel outside of draftnik rankings. I worry about his decision making and accuracy. Made poor decisions with the ball on a fairly regular basis and has hit or miss deep ball accuracy (but unlike Fitz, it's not because of arm strength). I never walked away thinking the guy would be a top notch starter.

That said, they took the top guy on their board nd got extra picks in the process. Plus, he does have the highest ceiling if he puts it all together and I've had enough mediocre results to last me a lifetime, so I can pretty easily get on board with what I think is a boom or bust pick. It'll at least be exciting to see what happens. Now, go get a WR and TE to help the kid out!

On the other hand there are a number of people who have said he has the most upside of any QB in the draft. Bills traded down, got 2 extra picks and got the guy they wanted. No one in Buffalo is ever happy. But I'm sure your friends know more about football than professional scouts.

THE F*@&$*^*@#^$*^#*&*% SCOUTS LAUGHED AT THE PICK!!!!!

You could have drafted Manuel in RND 2. Not only was this a reach but if it doesn't pan out we will get to watch Nassib or Barkely or Geno winning a super bowl while we wallow in mediocrity for another decade. Horrible pick, absolutely terrible. This is a high high risk pick. They better knock it out with round 2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.