Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

He was 3-2 as a starter, with only 1 game above 85 QBR.

You're right. However, he won the first game of the year for them in relief, and he wasn't in the game when they lost to the Bills. I worded it incorrectly, word it however you like. He was the QB when they won the first four games.

You're right. However, he won the first game of the year for them in relief, and he wasn't in the game when they lost to the Bills. I worded it incorrectly, word it however you like. He was the QB when they won the first four games.

He played in one drive of the first game. The defense is the reason Arizona did so well to start last year, keeping the Patriots and Seahawks under 20 and the Eagles at a paltry 6. The highest QB rating allowed by the Cards' D in those first 4 games was 86.5 to Ryan Tannehill. Even Brady failed to crack 80. And Arizona was losing to Buffalo when he left with his injury.

Edited by JujuFish

He played in one drive of the first game. The defense is the reason Arizona did so well to start last year, keeping the Patriots and Seahawks under 20 and the Eagles at a paltry 6. The highest QB rating allowed by the Cards' D in those first 4 games was 86.5 to Ryan Tannehill. Even Brady failed to crack 80. And Arizona was losing to Buffalo when he left with his injury.

Their defense must have decided to stop playing for the rest of the season the exact same time Kolb got hurt.

bills just cut lindell. woah.

If they're wiping the slate clean, make Byrd the next one to go. Cut out the cancer.

Their defense must have decided to stop playing for the rest of the season the exact same time Kolb got hurt.

Again, Kolb was only 3-2, even with the Cardinals defense playing so well. He put up a combined 16 points on the Rams and Bills, two teams not known for their defense last year. You seem to think there's some sort of proof here that Kolb is a quality QB, and there isn't any.

Byrd is a cancer that needs to be cut, but Kolb is a good QB? I'll have what you're having.

I never said he was a good QB. I never said he was bad. I was criticizing the fact that people were passing judgement based on one half, while at the same time this board was mocking the Bills board for doing the exact same thing with Tuel. Kolb didn't have anything to work with in Arizona and he was arguably better than Vick in Philly. He's with a new team, to pass judgement on him after a half is silly. To listen to the BFLO media critique Kolb while swinging from Manuel's nuts is just as silly.

Again, Kolb was only 3-2, even with the Cardinals defense playing so well. He put up a combined 16 points on the Rams and Bills, two teams not known for their defense last year. You seem to think there's some sort of proof here that Kolb is a quality QB, and there isn't any.

He was 4-1. He gets credit for the first win, and he doesn't get the loss against the Bills. Familiarize yourself with how players are credited with wins and losses.

Did I mention their record after he got hurt?

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I never said he was a good QB. I never said he was bad. I was criticizing the fact that people were passing judgement based on one half, while at the same time this board was mocking the Bills board for doing the exact same thing with Tuel. Kolb didn't have anything to work with in Arizona and he was arguably better than Vick in Philly. He's with a new team, to pass judgement on him after a half is silly. To listen to the BFLO media critique Kolb while swinging from Manuel's nuts is just as silly.

He was 4-1. He gets credit for the first win, and he doesn't get the loss against the Bills. Familiarize yourself with how players are credited with wins and losses.

Did I mention their record after he got hurt?

Does the NFL credit individual players with wins/loses? I thought only coaches get credit for wins/loses.

Does the NFL credit individual players with wins/loses? I thought only coaches get credit for wins/loses.

The NFL credits QB's with wins and losses. Officially, yes, Juju is correct and I went back and corrected myself that I wasn't talking about a QB's record when they start. So officially Kolb was 3-2 last year. I don't agree with the way the NFL credits a QB with win/loss. Kolb was credited with a loss in a game he wasn't participating in when they lost, and he wasn't credited with a win in a game in which he lead the winnning drive and threw the winning TD.

Sorry to everybody involved for the confusion.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

My bias against Kolb is not built on 1/2 of football, although that 1/2 of football sure re-inforced it. It is built on watching football for 40+ years and my personal instincts on what makes a QB. I was listening to Fran Tarkenton one day talk about QBs. Fran used the term "it". He was talking about QBs with "it", as in QBs that had "it". That intangible quality that separated the elite from the best. His list was pretty small and I agreed with all of his selections and his rejections. His list of QBs with "it" were, to the best of my recollection:

Not in his order, but my recall order.

1. Tom Terrific

2. Peyton

3. Eli

4. Aaron Rogers

5. Brees

Those he was watching, but sample size was too small or he still wasn't sure. These guy could promote in Fran's eyes.

1. RGIII

2. Luck

3. Ryan

4. Flacco

5. Rothlesberger

6. Newton

In my eyes, Kolb is not and should not be a starting NFL QB. Kolb does not have "it" and never will have "it". I honestly don't know if Manuel does either. But I would rather not waste another NFL season with another journeyman QB as starter, even if it was only for 4 games.

The NFL has numerous recent examples of rookies starting and doing well enough. The sooner they know about Manuel/Tuel the better. Trial by fire. IMO, if you're good, you'll survive and thrive it. QBs with "it" seize their chance and never look back.

My bias against Kolb is not built on 1/2 of football, although that 1/2 of football sure re-inforced it. It is built on watching football for 40+ years and my personal instincts on what makes a QB. I was listening to Fran Tarkenton one day talk about QBs. Fran used the term "it". He was talking about QBs with "it", as in QBs that had "it". That intangible quality that separated the elite from the best. His list was pretty small and I agreed with all of his selections and his rejections. His list of QBs with "it" were, to the best of my recollection:

Not in his order, but my recall order.

1. Tom Terrific

2. Peyton

3. Eli

4. Aaron Rogers

5. Brees

Those he was watching, but sample size was too small or he still wasn't sure. These guy could promote in Fran's eyes.

1. RGIII

2. Luck

3. Ryan

4. Flacco

5. Rothlesberger

6. Newton

In my eyes, Kolb is not and should not be a starting NFL QB. Kolb does not have "it" and never will have "it". I honestly don't know if Manuel does either. But I would rather not waste another NFL season with another journeyman QB as starter, even if it was only for 4 games.

The NFL has numerous recent examples of rookies starting and doing well enough. The sooner they know about Manuel/Tuel the better. Trial by fire. IMO, if you're good, you'll survive and thrive it. QBs with "it" seize their chance and never look back.

I find it interesting that Fran lists griffin and not Wilson. Personally, I think Wilson will have the better career, but who am I to argue with a hall of fame quarterback.

Good, now maybe they can trade Byrd. That sluff just wanted to skip camp.

It was the only leverage he had to try to force the long term deal he wanted, and after July 15 to try to force a better 1 year deal for himself that included a clause not allowing the tag next year. The Bills were content to allow him to sit it out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.