Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

• 4 months later...

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

This is a good article about Dany's ADWD chapters.  It's definitely one of those plot lines that tries your patience, and it takes a few reads to really grasp.  Still would skip in a re-read, probably.

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

This is a good article about Dany's ADWD chapters.  It's definitely one of those plot lines that tries your patience, and it takes a few reads to really grasp.  Still would skip in a re-read, probably.

Well, there goes sleep for the night. I thank you in that it may save ADWD for me, but you are now fully responsible for my sleep deprivation.

Solid read, thanks for the link. I only read the first part, I'm going to have to do a reread of the book before I check out the other sections.

Does that analysis at any point disprove that, as they write, her being a "naive, incompetent, lovesick girl?" I didn't find the arc of where she was boring, more so that everything she did just seemed to be based on childish emotions. Then again, she is only, what? 15? 16? So I guess that could make sense

Edit: FTFY Tank, not really a spoiler but just in case 

Edited by WildCard

Solid read, thanks for the link. I only read the first part, I'm going to have to do a reread of the book before I check out the other sections.

Does that analysis at any point disprove that, as they write, her being a "naive, incompetent, lovesick girl?" I didn't find the arc of where she was boring, more so that everything she did just seemed to be based on childish emotions. Then again, she is only, what? 15? 16? So I guess that could make sense 

I'm pretty sure it does.  If you look at the arc as Dany giving up the things she wants for peace, then it is a lot more satisfying for her character.  The smart thing to do would probably be burn Mereen and giddyup to Westeros, but Dany decides to attempt to reconcile her smashing of the slave trade.  She was tormented by what became of Astapor after the sack, and decided that a true queen would make a peace.

If I look back, I am lost.

I'm avoiding reading those comments until I ask: are there spoilers? If so, PLEASE mark them.

No spoilers in the above comments, you're fine.

Well, there goes sleep for the night. I thank you in that it may save ADWD for me, but you are now fully responsible for my sleep deprivation.

Just wait until I link the Mannisfesto.

Edited by qwksndmonster

If I look back, I am lost.

No spoilers in the above comments, you're fine.

What gets me with her is not that

she wants to reconcile what she did or what was in Astapor, I can get that. But her sleeping with the sell sword and her absurd treatment of her dragons, really the second one, annoys me to no end. They are supposedly her children, they have done everything for her, they are the absolute key to her entire future. She should care for them much more than she does, and instead she gets upset after they eat a child and lock them away. Doesn't really seem like a smart strategic move, or a kind/caring move to her children. I'm hoping her reunion with Drogon and the (forgot their name) tribes at the end of ADWD returns her back to her previous, Astapor self.

What gets me with her is not that

she wants to reconcile what she did or what was in Astapor, I can get that. But her sleeping with the sell sword and her absurd treatment of her dragons, really the second one, annoys me to no end. They are supposedly her children, they have done everything for her, they are the absolute key to her entire future. She should care for them much more than she does, and instead she gets upset after they eat a child and lock them away. Doesn't really seem like a smart strategic move, or a kind/caring move to her children. I'm hoping her reunion with Drogon and the (forgot their name) tribes at the end of ADWD returns her back to her previous, Astapor self.

I think her problem with Daario was not hitting it as soon as she had the notion.  Instead, she let it build into a crazy crush and now she's enamored.  As to her mistreating the dragons, I don't disagree with your point of view.  Not a good strategic move for her, but not necessarily a bad place for her character to go.  I hope she returns to a bit of the Fire and Blood too, I just also want her to be wiser.  I don't think she's mad like her dad.  

I had a dream that I rescued Sansa from a gang's trap house in the slums of Elmira.  Afterwards, she came onto me.  I felt really awkward and rejected her, because we're cousins.

My brain is weird.

She's good looking, but she doesn't do anything for me. Big shoulders/arm, shes pretty manly IMPO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.