Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Haha don't try, just give in to inevitability. I know I will.

There's hope yet!

He's also releasing a history of Westeros in a 330 page book on October 28th, 2014 too

http://www.theepocht...r-release-date/

EDIT: ######'T I READ AN APRIL FOOLS ARTICLE :censored:

Thought there was hope, I guess there is none. Winds of Winter not due to the end of season 5 at the earliest, and he does confirm the show will likely finish before the series does. I just hope he doesn't let the portrayal of the show affect how he writes the final book

Edited by WildCard

Thought there was hope, I guess there is none. Winds of Winter not due to the end of season 5 at the earliest, and he does confirm the show will likely finish before the series does. I just hope he doesn't let the portrayal of the show affect how he writes the final book

I'd say there's 0 chance of this, from what I know about Jar Jar.

I thought the Melly scene was really well done. You get to see her being non-candid for once. I wondered how they were going to portray her one book chapter in the show (that scene wasn't it but the tone was similar).

The snow Winterhell scene and "Only Cat your sister" were super rushed and disappointing. The longest chapter in all 5 books was just taken care of in ~7 mins.

That said, RED VIPER VS. MOUNTAIN GET HYPE. But I wont hear anybody talk bad about the Mountain that Rides. You're just jelly of him.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I thought the Melly scene was really well done. You get to see her being non-candid for once. I wondered how they were going to portray her one book chapter in the show (that scene wasn't it but the tone was similar).

The snow Winterhell scene and "Only Cat your sister" were super rushed and disappointing. The longest chapter in all 5 books was just taken care of in ~7 mins.

That said, RED VIPER VS. MOUNTAIN GET HYPE. But I wont hear anybody talk bad about the Mountain that Rides. You're just jelly of him.

Oberyn is the ###### best. How many would not only be willing to fight the Mountain, but enthusiastic about it? Such a badass. Only thing that sucks is we have to wait two weeks to see the fight since they're taking Memorial Day off.

The Dragonstone scene could have been cut to add to the Eyrie stuff, but Melisandre has great tits so I'm not really complaining.

Also, I can't believe it, but they managed to make Aliser Thorne more insufferable than he is in the books.

Lastly, we need more Arya and the Hound scenes, so good.

Why was Jon advocating freezing the gates? In the books, Bowen Marsh was the one who wanted to freeze the gates and Jon thought that was stupid. Rorge and Biter were unceremoniously disposed of, as well.

Stupid week break. At least I get to see Bryan Cranston on broadway next weekend instead.

We are finally! finally! Getting into the good stuff after the purple wedding. Oberyn is a badass. Also umm Daenerys went all Daario which was done so well. Still wish new Daario was a little more exotic. Lord Friend Zone looked pissed after Daario walked out.

I'm going to miss Bronn.

I knew the kiss happened but Petyr... so creepy... like white van with free puppies written on the side hanging outside your kids school creepy.

Why was Jon advocating freezing the gates? In the books, Bowen Marsh was the one who wanted to freeze the gates and Jon thought that was stupid. Rorge and Biter were unceremoniously disposed of, as well.

Stupid week break. At least I get to see Bryan Cranston on broadway next weekend instead.

I think the changes in some details of Jon's arc are easily explained:

They're trying to build up his leadership credentials so the audience isn't like "WTF how does he earn this?" when he's elected Lord Commander.

And yea, the new Daario is awful.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

I've come to expect so much from this series and the last three episodes have been so slow. Come on, pick up the pace.. Although throwing your bride out the window should count for something.

I've come to expect so much from this series and the last three episodes have been so slow. Come on, pick up the pace.. Although throwing your bride out the window should count for something.

You're a tough audience! I think the last few episodes have been terrific.

Also: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/game-of-thrones---mountain--once-drew-interest-from-the-colts-131612321.html

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the episode was pretty bad, to be honest...but that trial scene was frickin' perfect. Really wish it was longer and they had shown the preparation.

On that note, does anyone else think Tyrion's beetle speech was his way of asking Jaime "Why Cersei?" Because that's what I got out of it.

I thought the episode was pretty bad, to be honest...but that trial scene was frickin' perfect. Really wish it was longer and they had shown the preparation.

On that note, does anyone else think Tyrion's beetle speech was his way of asking Jaime "Why Cersei?" Because that's what I got out of it.

Yeah this episode didn't really do it for me other than Oberyn's pretty face. And how was that his way of asking "Why Cersei?" I'm not really sure what the speech means yet, other than the obvious meaning of sometimes people die for no reason. My girlfriend on Jaime "Fell for the wrong sibling."

I was surprised that The Mountain rolled over and did his number on Obe from above. It made more sense in the book, where he was too injured to get up at all (thus, Oberyn's overconfidence), but used his sheer strength to pull the Prince in and cave in his face. The show made it seem like he wasn't that bad off, afterall.

Oberyn will be missed. Darrio could have taken lessons from that guy.

I actually liked the episode. I thought Sansa finally showed up and Arya laughing was a great reaction. Lord FriendZone was finally revealed. I thought for a little bit there that they might not do it. Jorah definitely was an idiot but I liked how Barristan handled it.

The one thing that is weird is the Grey Worm/Missandei love thing. Although it did provide a awkward discussion about the extent of grey worms... missing parts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.