Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

I'm pretty excited that we're about to get material not in the books yet. Rather than being mildly annoyed as some changes I disagree with, I can just enjoy the ride.

I'm really excited that we're getting more of the story.  I'm also excited that the showrunners and writers have more freedom now, it should play to their strengths.

And I will absolutely still nitpick stuff they change and decide whether or not it's better.  I love that .

I'm pretty excited that we're about to get material not in the books yet. Rather than being mildly annoyed as some changes I disagree with, I can just enjoy the ride.

Count me out of the excited group. I am actually going to try and go the 12 years it will take to avoid spoilers for this show. I have no chance in hell, but I'm gonna try

You're going to not watch the show and wait for the books to come out instead?  Dude.

Yeap. Gonna try and be the Master of My Domain. I honestly have no desire to watch the show, so caving won't be a problem. It's if I hear a spoiler from somewhere, then when I finally do read the books, it will be ruined. 

Yeap. Gonna try and be the Master of My Domain. I honestly have no desire to watch the show, so caving won't be a problem. It's if I hear a spoiler from somewhere, then when I finally do read the books, it will be ruined. 

No it wont.  The show is basically in alternate universe status now.  And no matter what it will be awesome when you read the books.  So don't sweat it when something big happens in the show and everybody in the world is saying OMG DANY JUST (sex)ED BENJEN (again! but he wore a different disguise this time!).  And I'm thinking George is going hard right now trying to get TWoW out before sayson sicks.

I thought it was pretty good, starting to build the new story lines........Ummmm and all stuff from the books.......It did seem to be a pretty short episode......less then an hour.

Hooking up Tyrion and Daenarys can only be good but after such a crazy season 4 finale, it can only go down.

Watched season 4 prepping for last night, I'm still pissed about the hound. Such a wonderful character.

Oh, and I need more Daenarys and Margaery bewbs

Edited by Inkoslav Manilov

I wasn't blown away by last night's episode, but I did enjoy it.

I thought the flashback with the 2 girls and the witch, and then the reveal that the blonde was Cersei, was very well done.

Speaking of reveal:  in response to Ink's request above regarding flesh, my understanding is that Cersei will be on display at some point this season.

I wasn't blown away by last night's episode, but I did enjoy it.

I thought the flashback with the 2 girls and the witch, and then the reveal that the blonde was Cersei, was very well done.

Speaking of reveal:  in response to Ink's request above regarding flesh, my understanding is that Cersei will be on display at some point this season.

If the show follows the book (a big if), then for sure we will be seeing all of what Cersei has to offer.

The first episode of most of the seasons is usually more about setting up the storylines than anything else, and with the season having so many character storylines, it is understandable that it was sort of ho-hum. We didn't even see Arya's storyline in Bravvos either. That will be a big episode 2 plot.

Hooking up Tyrion and Daenarys can only be good but after such a crazy season 4 finale, it can only go down.

Watched season 4 prepping for last night, I'm still pissed about the hound. Such a wonderful character.

Oh, and I need more Daenarys and Margaery bewbs

You didn't actually see him die though

You didn't actually see him die though

Yes and I've been holding out hope. Whatever that weirdo chemist guy is doing to the mountain and the possibility The hound still kicking leaves for an inevitable showdown between the Clegane bros. Please make this happen and the hound better win Dammit.

I'm really excited that we're getting more of the story.  I'm also excited that the showrunners and writers have more freedom now, it should play to their strengths.

And I will absolutely still nitpick stuff they change and decide whether or not it's better.  I love that ######.

My point was you won't be able to because the source material is not yet available to us.

I do think the premiere was pretty meh, but I think that's mostly because so much changed at the end of last year that they have to set up the story arcs going forward. I'll also echo Freeman's sentiments that the Cersei flashback was a very nice character moment for her.

Yes and I've been holding out hope. Whatever that weirdo chemist guy is doing to the mountain and the possibility The hound still kicking leaves for an inevitable showdown between the Clegane bros. Please make this happen and the hound better win Dammit.

I'm glad show watchers want Cleganebowl as bad as book readers.

I liked the episode.  All the Tyrion bits were awesome.  Seeing him be miserable is better than being in his head.  The Jon/Mance scene was pretty good, except for Mance not actually having a reason to not kneel.  IT'S NOT FOR MY PRIDE, ###### MY PRIDE.  And then two minutes later he's like IF I DON'T DIE FOR WHAT I BELIEVE, THEN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?  So it is for your pride?

No Arya until next week.  Bleh.

Brienne telling Pod to shut up about Sansa while Sansa rode through the background was pretty funny.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Good, not great episode last night, but that's par for the course for the first episode of a new season.

Should get cooking big time next week.

Am I the only one looking for the "SC" content symbol (for "strong sexual content") at the beginning of each episode???

:w00t:  :w00t:  :blink:  :P

Good, not great episode last night, but that's par for the course for the first episode of a new season.

Should get cooking big time next week.

Am I the only one looking for the "SC" content symbol (for "strong sexual content") at the beginning of each episode???

:w00t: :w00t: :blink: :P

Hell no you aren't the only one. I'm always like, Nudity & Stone sexually content? Hells yeah game on!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.