Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Yeah this episode didn't really do it for me other than Oberyn's pretty face. And how was that his way of asking "Why Cersei?" I'm not really sure what the speech means yet, other than the obvious meaning of sometimes people die for no reason. My girlfriend on Jaime "Fell for the wrong sibling."

It's pretty convoluted, and probably not what it was about, but here goes. Cousin Orson was a simple person doing simple acts because he enjoyed it, and nobody outside of him understood it even if they tried to. A lot of innocents were hurt in the process, for no reason other than as a consequence of his enjoyment. While Jaime might be a complex character (or at least has evolved that way), his motivations are relatively straight forward: be with Cersei. Nobody understands it, certainly nobody approves of it, yet it remains his single-minded focus (or was until she shut him down, but even then she got raped for her troubles, soooo). How many people have gotten killed as a result? Maybe Robert and Ned would have gotten killed anyway, the but the whole ######-born bastard children accelerated the process. Maybe Joffrey wouldn't have been such a psychopath if he wasn't an inbred? And then there's Jaime's answer of "I don't know"...well why do you love who you love? Common interests are an easy thing to state or whatever, but it's not that simple and often times relationships are something nobody outside the relationship understands.

Not convinced? Yea I'm not either since I've put more thought into it :lol: . That was just my initial thought while I was watching it. The whole "Innocents die for no good reason at all" is a much more plausible explanation.

Oberyn will be missed. Darrio could have taken lessons from that guy.

I know that J.R.R has gotten a lot of credit for pulling the rug out from under his readers and turning the tables……But weaker boring characters live on while wicked smart interesting characters like Oberyn don't even make it through one book, his boring ass brother with the super fat gout kankles lives on however……..Books 4 and 5 are pretty good, but they take a dip in the level of interest that the new characters bring to the table………I wonder if he ever thought he would get that far with the series.

Holy mackerel.

Just like Vanek on a 2-on-1, Oberyn got too cute.

Holy mackerel.

Not to cute, totally focused on revenge and his anger got the best of him

Edited by DR HOLLIDAY

Something has been bugging me about this most recent season of GoT. I don't think I need to include a spoilers tag but I guess I will in case some people have not gotten to this part in the book yet.

Why are the directors this season focusing on a fabricated love story in Mereen with Grey Worm and Missandei in order to keep Dany's storyline going? I realize that once she gets to Mereen and takes over there isn't much happening, but they totally cut the Sons of the Harpy's rebellion killings and unrest with Hizdahr zo Loraq? That would have been entertaining to watch Dany learning that leading a city has its challenges too. Where is the master's unrest regarding changing traditions and reopening the fighting pit? The dragons have been totally MIA for the last 3-4 episodes of the HBO series.

Instead of all these things providing intrigue and challenges to Dany and co., the HBO series has them lounging around like there are no problems at all, and showing some (admittedly awesome) boobage from Missandei. There is zero character development for Daenerys since she took Mereen. Super frustrating as she is supposed to be learning the ways/challenges of ruling this whole time.

tl/dr The series cut a ton of Daenerys' character development to the detriment of the show

/rant

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Something has been bugging me about this most recent season of GoT. I don't think I need to include a spoilers tag but I guess I will in case some people have not gotten to this part in the book yet.

Why are the directors this season focusing on a fabricated love story in Mereen with Grey Worm and Missandei in order to keep Dany's storyline going? I realize that once she gets to Mereen and takes over there isn't much happening, but they totally cut the Sons of the Harpy's rebellion killings and unrest with Hizdahr zo Loraq? That would have been entertaining to watch Dany learning that leading a city has its challenges too. Where is the master's unrest regarding changing traditions and reopening the fighting pit? The dragons have been totally MIA for the last 3-4 episodes of the HBO series.

Instead of all these things providing intrigue and challenges to Dany and co., the HBO series has them lounging around like there are no problems at all, and showing some (admittedly awesome) boobage from Missandei. There is zero character development for Daenerys since she took Mereen. Super frustrating as she is supposed to be learning the ways/challenges of ruling this whole time.

tl/dr The series cut a ton of Daenerys' character development to the detriment of the show

/rant

$ to show Boobs <<<< $ to show Dragons

/rant

This bugs me too. Also, I may be mistaken, but wasn't Missandei supposed to be a little girl? I know Dany is younger in the books as well, and I understand them aging her up for TV. I'll admit, Missandei is the most beautiful woman in the show to me so far, but really... get rid of this love triangle. Please.

I'm just mad that the only eye candy left for me had his skull smashed.

$ to show Boobs <<<< $ to show Dragons

Understood. The dragons complaint is a minor one since they are going to spend a bajillion dollars to show full dragons locked in the fighting pits doing nothing. But the other stuff, unrest in the city, all the master's politics, Dany leading the city's people - isn't that way better television than a made up love story between a supposed 10 year old girl servant and a warrior eunuch?

Sidenote - The traditional garb that Daenerys wears 90% of the time in Mereen has one breast exposed in the books. I'd watch that during the conversations of holding court.

This bugs me too. Also, I may be mistaken, but wasn't Missandei supposed to be a little girl? I know Dany is younger in the books as well, and I understand them aging her up for TV. I'll admit, Missandei is the most beautiful woman in the show to me so far, but really... get rid of this love triangle. Please.

Yep. Missandei is 10 yrs old in the book.

All the male characters worth caring about in the East have been written out or transformed into random non-descript brown haired man. Where's the Second Sons and Daario Naharis FFS?

Probably my Xenophobia kicking in but I did not find that man attractive at all. (Not sure if that's the most gay or least gay thing I've ever said). Hell I think Jorah and Tywin are better looking dudes. Maybe I have a thing for pasty old white guys.

Probably my Xenophobia kicking in but I did not find that man attractive at all. (Not sure if that's the most gay or least gay thing I've ever said). Hell I think Jorah and Tywin are better looking dudes. Maybe I have a thing for pasty old white guys.

Hey, to each their own. I find Jorah attractive, too. He was bear-ier in my mind in the book, though. More like this season's Mountain but more chiseled. Tywin- handsome in a regal, evil way. My favorite was Khal Drogo but he dead, yo. Oberyn's actor just had a wicked smile that I liked.

Obviously won't be visiting this thread often or at all due to spoilers, but I just started watching the show last night. On episode 2 now.

I know this ruins everything, but I've already watched the Red Wedding and SPOILER SPOILER saw the king from Winterfell get beheaded. So I pretty much have some huge spoilers already done...

I think we'll see Dany's Mereen arc develop next season. They likely only had time for her taking it and finding out about Mormont (with all the other crazy-go-nuts happenings). Why they took time to develop a love interest between Missandei and Grey Worm? Who knows. Maybe they'll pay it off with something interesting.

I've really loved the Jaime/Tyrion scenes. We learn about their relationship mostly through the brothers having thoughts about one another in their respective POV chapters. The show taking time to have more direct interactions between them has been a great way to fill that in. Jaime is one of the few in Westeros who knows Tyrion's worth as a person.

And Blue thanks for the explanation. :thumbsup: That scene is one of my favorites from this season.

Having never read the books, I am dying to find out if varys' testimony was some sort of ploy, cause he was always respectful and thankful for tyrion's contributions to keeping K's Landing in good order. To see him do a 180 at the trial stinks of a cover of some sort.

Am I holding my breath for nothing?

Having never read the books, I am dying to find out if varys' testimony was some sort of ploy, cause he was always respectful and thankful for tyrion's contributions to keeping K's Landing in good order. To see him do a 180 at the trial stinks of a cover of some sort.

7ba0207e4fb7394b714a39530055ab32c6ed997fea7590673af08c36d8ea8591.jpg

the moment you think you understand the spider is the moment you take a fatal bird beak to the back

That may have been the best battle scene I've ever seen on something made for TV. It was spectacular. Always bothered me they never showed any of Robb's battles (I know it was all off screen in the books, but I still wanted to see it). It was also nice to see Jon kill the key bad guy without an assist like he had at Craster's Keep. That was a pretty badass duel.

Although he wasn't a major character, I was still sad to see Grenn die. Knew it had to happen when he went to hold the gate, but still was hoping for the best.

That may have been the best battle scene I've ever seen on something made for TV. It was spectacular. Always bothered me they never showed any of Robb's battles (I know it was all off screen in the books, but I still wanted to see it). It was also nice to see Jon kill the key bad guy without an assist like he had at Craster's Keep. That was a pretty badass duel.

Although he wasn't a major character, I was still sad to see Grenn die. Knew it had to happen when he went to hold the gate, but still was hoping for the best.

Like all GoT duels, Styr had Jon dead to rights and then let him go. Let's see, I could keep bashing his face into this anvil or I could throw him... over there.

I loved the whole episode taking place in one setting. Apparently the Blackwater (S2E9) did this as well, but it didn't feel as awesome.

(spoilers for the 3rd book and next weeks episode)

Ygritte's death was the hardest I cried reading the books, and I shed a couple tears watching it in the show. Brutal. I really liked the battle in the books when Jon is injured and it's just the cripples, old folks, and Mole's Town men vs. Styr and the raiding party over the wall. Dat burning staircase. That said, I think they did a really good job adapting it to the show. Stannis showing up to take care of the huge force would feel like a copout, and both battles taking place at once was just hardcore. I still miss Edd (the real one, who's funny) and Donal Noye.

Like all GoT duels, Styr had Jon dead to rights and then let him go. Let's see, I could keep bashing his face into this anvil or I could throw him... over there.

I loved the whole episode taking place in one setting. Apparently the Blackwater (S2E9) did this as well, but it didn't feel as awesome.

(spoilers for the 3rd book and next weeks episode)

Ygritte's death was the hardest I cried reading the books, and I shed a couple tears watching it in the show. Brutal. I really liked the battle in the books when Jon is injured and it's just the cripples, old folks, and Mole's Town men vs. Styr and the raiding party over the wall. Dat burning staircase. That said, I think they did a really good job adapting it to the show. Stannis showing up to take care of the huge force would feel like a copout, and both battles taking place at once was just hardcore. I still miss Edd (the real one, who's funny) and Donal Noye.

Nah, Ghost would have sensed it and just torn through his neck. Frankly I'm surprised (and glad) that they didn't have Ghost jump into that duel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.