Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

I am bummed about the hound, unless he miraculously survives. My favorite character. If GOT has taught us anything, don't get attached to any characters. They all bite it sooner or later.

I was hoping for a Hound & Mountain confrontation down the line, so I hope he some how survives.

The entire Brandon Stark story arch seems unnecessary, a Keebler Elf promises him that he will fly?

That was one heck of a Father's Day for Tywin. Fitting that his demise came while on the Throne.

I was hoping for a Hound & Mountain confrontation down the line, so I hope he some how survives.

CLEGANEBOWL. All of the hype is gotten.

The entire Brandon Stark story arch seems unnecessary, a Keebler Elf promises him that he will fly?

He'll get more interesting. At least what happens with him is interesting; he's one area I hope the showrunners do a better job storytelling than GRRM did.

Edited by sabills

Eh. It was okay but underwhelming. With one more scene it could've been a lot better.

I assume I know what you're talking about, and I disagree. I hate that storyline with a fiery passion.

That was one heck of a Father's Day for Tywin. Fitting that his demise came while on the Throne.

If I hadn't read the books, I'd think the same thing. But patience, young padawan!

The only thing that really irked the crap out of me is how rushed the Tyrion portion seemed to be. They left out something really significant for his character development from the books and the conversation with Tywin seemed abrupt and not nearly as passionate as I was expecting.

The only thing that really irked the crap out of me is how rushed the Tyrion portion seemed to be. They left out something really significant for his character development from the books and the conversation with Tywin seemed abrupt and not nearly as passionate as I was expecting.

This season has been defined by important scenes being rushed, while less important scenes drag on.

I assume I know what you're talking about, and I disagree. I hate that storyline with a fiery passion.

If I hadn't read the books, I'd think the same thing. But patience, young padawan!

You hate

Lady Stone Heart?

Have we even gotten enough for it to be a storyline?

No Tysha hanging over Tyrion really made it lack the vitriol and rage that scene had in the books. And the fact that it lent more importance to Shea and Tyrion's relationship was a kick in the balls, too. It was nice to see him and Jaime have loving bro time, but that exchange was much better in the books.

Could've been an all time great hour of TV, even better than Ozymandias, but it fell quite short.

Edited by qwksndmonster

You hate

Lady Stone Heart?

Have we even gotten enough for it to be a storyline?

No Tysha hanging over Tyrion really made it lack the vitriol and rage that scene had in the books. And the fact that it lent more importance to Shea and Tyrion's relationship was a kick in the balls, too. It was nice to see him and Jaime have loving bro time, but that exchange was much better in the books.

Could've been an all time great hour of TV, even better than Ozymandias, but it fell quite short.

That's part of the problem I have--it hasn't gone anywhere yet, and when I read it in the books, I did an eye roll. The whole thing just doesn't grip me at all, and I find it quite lame, although I suppose that could change depending on what it leads to.

This season has been defined by important scenes being rushed, while less important scenes drag on.

In particular, the Missendei and Grey Worm....whatever it is...sticks out to me. I just can't imagine a way this is going to have a payoff worth the opportunity cost.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't read the book and just got up to episode 8 of season 3 .

But find myself getting attached to stannis alot.

http://www.zimbio.com/quiz/wK1eBDbbA8J/Game+Thrones+House

Hah apparently im a dragon and belong to house targaryen.

And character i resemble the most, jamie lannister :D

Edited by Heimdall

That's really interesting. The way they portray Stannis in the show I wouldn't really expect anybody that hasn't read the books to be attached to him.

Well just saw the episode with his daughter , and him getting davos back out of the dungeon. And yeah I didn't at start, but he has kind of the underdog now.

And i can see him having to really battle for the throne, but doubt he'll make it, in the end he'll do what is right for the "realm".

Stannis and jamie Lannister, i put them in the same category, men who will do what is right. Mind you im behind and jamie just confessed why he killed the mad king.

And holy crap what a wedding party frey throws :D just saw episode 9 .

Bad thing is, im going to come down with withdrawal symptoms if i watch Season 4 as well this week, wich i have time for hah.

Well just saw the episode with his daughter , and him getting davos back out of the dungeon. And yeah I didn't at start, but he has kind of the underdog now.

And i can see him having to really battle for the throne, but doubt he'll make it, in the end he'll do what is right for the "realm".

Stannis and jamie Lannister, i put them in the same category, men who will do what is right. Mind you im behind and jamie just confessed why he killed the mad king.

And holy crap what a wedding party frey throws :D just saw episode 9 .

Bad thing is, im going to come down with withdrawal symptoms if i watch Season 4 as well this week, wich i have time for hah.

The good thing is that you have ~4000 pages of a better, more nuanced universe ahead of you as well. Interesting reads on those characters.

Jaime Lannister: A man that will do what is right.

branpush_528009.gif

So before I started watching from the first episode I had already watched the Red Wedding. Just crossed that bridge after watching everything before that and it still killed. ###### man. The silent credits let it go even further. Good, brutal theater.

Every time this thread gets bumped I get mad at GRRM for being such a slow ass novelist.

I've seen quite a few people call him lazy with his newer works that will eventually come out. I don't follow the books or his works, really, but is that accurate? Or is he just taking his time to make sure that he doesn't put out crap?

I've seen quite a few people call him lazy with his newer works that will eventually come out. I don't follow the books or his works, really, but is that accurate? Or is he just taking his time to make sure that he doesn't put out crap?

I think it's the latter, but he's still ###### slow.

I definitely don't think he's lazy. Right now I think he's kind of trapped in his own mind--he has an ultimate end game in mind, but he doesn't know how to get the story (and multitude of characters) from their current point to that end. It explains why his books are exploding in page length (6 is rumored to be in the 1500 page range) and he had to split 4 into two.

If I don my tinfoil hat I'd say he's peeved that fans figured out a bunch of mysteries and he's trying to change outcomes mid-stream. No, I don't actually believe this to be the case, but I could see it being annoying that fans figured out where he was going before he got there (it would annoy me if I wrote fiction).

Well bran is going to fly one of the dragons that is for sure :P

Stannis will probably die in Season 5 , became to much of a main character, be replaced with roberts bastard son.

The lannister tripod will rise up and kill their father Tyrwen.

That is how i would do it :P

Edited by Heimdall

ooh blackfish escaped, oh well Season 4 here i come :D

The writer certainly is one sadist mofo, he sure likes his eunuchs

Sidenote, is it a nice touch to say that everytime they show a scene with reek, someone is eating a sausage in the next one :D

Edited by Heimdall

Right for his family is a right thing to :P

"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.” -JL

Well just seen last 6 episodes of season 6 .

the lady of light certainly gave jon snow a weird look.

Arya will become one of my favourites , guess she'll die soon hah

Having Tywin killed on the crapper is just epic.

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.