2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

What has happened to this board?

The team fails to make the playoffs and everyone gets irritated. Then the team puts up a losing season record, only the sixth in franchise history and nine years since the last. The fans forget how to cope and everyone loses their ###### minds. We're making Islanders Nation look like ###### doctoral candidates in sports psychology.

"Blah! Fire him! Trade that guy! Rape this thing over here! I don't how to process this feeling! Blargh!"

The team fails to make the playoffs and everyone gets irritated. Then the team puts up a losing season record, only the sixth in franchise history and nine years since the last. The fans forget how to cope and everyone loses their ###### minds. We're making Islanders Nation look like ###### doctoral candidates in sports psychology.

"Blah! Fire him! Trade that guy! Rape this thing over here! I don't how to process this feeling! Blargh!"

The teams made the playoffs twice in the last six years. This season is a culmination of that and many more bad decisions at the management level. Its not that hard to understand. Fans want a winning team that competes not a losing team that treads water. We've simply treaded water for too long.

Maybe we should write Haikus?

Season on the brink,

Top draft pick in our future,

Darcy is a douche.

:angel:

Screw haiku. Limericks are better.

There is a player named Drouin

Who seems to know what he's doin'

When he gets on the ice

Things turn out real nice

And next year he'll be screwin' the Bruins

Or how about this lad named Mackinnon

Who has a natural knack for winnin'

If you need a goal or assist

This kid's can't miss

And we'll all sit back and be grinnin.

Thank you very much. I'm here 'til Friday.

Try the veal.

GO SABRES!!!

I realize you think Regier is anywhere from a good to great GM, but c'mon, they're 29th in the league right now--describing this as a "losing record" isn't really doing it justice, it's a complete disaster.

I realize you think Regier is anywhere from a good to great GM, but c'mon, they're 29th in the league right now--describing this as a "losing record" isn't really doing it justice, it's a complete disaster.

Don't confuse rallying for sanity with denying how terrible this team is or defending irresponsible management, because I'm only attempting to do the first one.

I think they need to target MacKinnon at this point. If all goes well, they would suddenly be in the spot in a year or two where they would have 5 first round centers on the roster. They'd finally be back to where I've wanted them to be, with a surplus of NHL centers. Being forced to bump one or two to the wing is a very good thing. We had it coming out of the lockout and hopefully we can get back there.

Don't confuse rallying for sanity with denying how terrible this team is or defending irresponsible management, because I'm only attempting to do the first one.

The only insanity I've seen are some of the trade proposals tossed around. Wanting to hold Regier accountable for this disaster of a roster and not trusting him to fix it are perfectly reasonable positions.

I think they need to target MacKinnon at this point. If all goes well, they would suddenly be in the spot in a year or two where they would have 5 first round centers on the roster. They'd finally be back to where I've wanted them to be, with a surplus of NHL centers. Being forced to bump one or two to the wing is a very good thing. We had it coming out of the lockout and hopefully we can get back there.

I agree. I'm done with building from the wings--give me enough center prospects so that we can finally solidify the middle of the ice, and worry about the rest after that's taken care of.

The only insanity I've seen are some of the trade proposals tossed around. Wanting to hold Regier accountable for this disaster of a roster and not trusting him to fix it are perfectly reasonable positions.

I agree. I'm done with building from the wings--give me enough center prospects so that we can finally solidify the middle of the ice, and worry about the rest after that's taken care of.

With an early 2nd round pick to move up with, the Sabres should be able to double dip at Center as they did last season. There was a prospect ranking that had 12 centers projected in the top 30. Flooding this organization with center prospects is a great idea. As someone said previously, it's easier to move a center to wing than it is to move a wing to center, if you had to. This is similar to Mike Schopp's idea of drafting a QB every year.

I understand your enthusiasm but only one is a bonafide NHL player

You've seen the top picks in years past. MacKinnon is basically a lock. Girgensons is a seven B on HF (still doesn't mean much but I'll take it).

No reason not to be optimistic at this point.

Lockout silenced barns

First Niagra Library

Still quiet today

There once was a fella named Quinn

Who sniffed jocks but did not care to win

Had a puppet at GM

The team took a BM

It really was all quite a sin

But soon came the savior named Terry

All the fans jumped for joy and were merry

Stanley Cups were his duty

Wed a sweet Asian cutie