2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

This thread is the only thing keeping me going Sabres wise.

I'm fully in my Bills mode...so I'm completely numb and uncaring at this point. I don't get angry or upset during games, I just go through the motions of watching things unfold. And yes, there's a Drew Stafford joke to be made here.

I'm fully in my Bills mode...so I'm completely numb and uncaring at this point. I don't get angry or upset during games, I just go through the motions of watching things unfold. And yes, there's a Drew Stafford joke to be made here.

Sad state of affairs indeed. This really sucks.

Ya, same here. I've been in this mode since the Isles game when the team didn't even look like they gave a s&it.

Jonathan Drouin just extended his points streak to 28 games.

@SabresProspects

Nathan MacKinnon ('13) returned Weds after missing 14 games w/ a knee injury. Scored 35 seconds in, finished w/ 2+2. 42gp 30-43-73

The whole province of NS has never been so pumped up for the Moose.

Moose mania is running rampant.

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

If I'm the Sabres and the option is there, I absolutely do not take him. This franchise simply cannot afford to take that kind of risk with MacKinnon or Drouin available.

Signed on for another 3 years in the KHL after this season. He will be 21 before he can even step onto NA ice. Not to mention, he might not ever want to

Both of these.

If the Sabres do end up picking in the top 3 they do not have the luxury of picking a flight risk such as Nichuschkin. They need something more reliable like Drouin, MacKinnon, Jones, or even Barkov. We can't draft another Zagrapan. Besides these rankings are not the sabres rankings and I don't believe that Valery will be near the top of those when you can take Drouin or MacKinnon or Jones.

Both of these.

If the Sabres do end up picking in the top 3 they do not have the luxury of picking a flight risk such as Nichuschkin. They need something more reliable like Drouin, MacKinnon, Jones, or even Barkov. We can't draft another Zagrapan. Besides these rankings are not the sabres rankings and I don't believe that Valery will be near the top of those when you can take Drouin or MacKinnon or Jones.

I'm not ready to assume we draft in the top 3 yet though. If we draft no.6 overall and Nichuschkin is there, he might be our pick. Obviously I'd rather have a safer bet though.

I'm not ready to assume we draft in the top 3 yet though. If we draft no.6 overall and Nichuschkin is there, he might be our pick. Obviously I'd rather have a safer bet though.

If we draft 6 I would take Barkov or Monahan well before Nichuschkin. Monahan especially, he is a kid who plays on a meh team and he still is a top player. Also he is a leader and we need more leaders on this team.

http://www.hockeysfu...lented-monahan/

"Donskov explained. “We all know he has outstanding skill, but to me, what makes Sean Monahan special is his compete level. He will not be outworked out there. He’s a great team player."

My rankings for the Sabres

1a) Jones - right handed D, would take the pressure of Myers and possibly make him expendable. Alternatively, Jones, Ehrhoff, Myers is a nice top 3.

1b) Mackinnon - the complete centre. I really wouldn't mind either of these guys

3) Barkov - young for the draft, big two way centre who has been a ppg player against pros - would also give us 2/3 of a Finnish line - which could be used as a chant "Finish them" when opponents are weakened

4) Drouin - I just don't get the same fuzzy feeling i do with the other top 3, but he is a can;t miss

5) Monahan - not the most skilled, but great work and game ethic. Monahan, Coho and Girgenson is a hard working centre core

6a) Zadorov - Huge physical defenceman with a big shot - could be a nice pairing for Myers

6b) Nurse - Tall and reliable guy who has developed his offensive game. He is physical and competitive

8) Lindholm - Playmaker who has been compared to Foresberg

9) Ristolainin - Sounds like he is similar to Myers (likes to join the rush etc). But with a more physical nature. Another guy with good work ethic

10) Nichuskinen - great prospect, some issues on the KHL factor means he drops for me

I doubt the Sabres make it to 19th or better this season so I will stop there

If we draft 6 I would take Barkov or Monahan well before Nichuschkin. Monahan especially, he is a kid who plays on a meh team and he still is a top player. Also he is a leader and we need more leaders on this team.

http://www.hockeysfu...lented-monahan/

"Donskov explained. “We all know he has outstanding skill, but to me, what makes Sean Monahan special is his compete level. He will not be outworked out there. He’s a great team player."

I'd probably take Monahan over Nichuschkin, but there's almost no chance Barkov lasts until no.6.

Archived