2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Gonna be tough to be worse than the Panthers, Avalanche, and Flames in the race to the bottom.

I have faith in the worst possession team in hockey to catch one of them. Florida seems to have signs of life with Markstrom in net, and the Flames seem like a good candidate for the Ewing Theory (if you don't read Bill Simmons, this will make zero sense), and the Avs....well, they seem to be in full-on tank mode.

Currently (pre-lottery, pre-playoffs), we have the #6 and #25 picks. That could be enough to shoot for the top pick.

plus if the flyers or lightning win just one out of their two games in hand, theyll pass us, and flames are 4 back with 3 in hand. We could be bottom 3 by the time they get caught up :thumbsup: :beer:

As of now (correct me if I'm wrong)

1st BUF

1st MIN

2nd BUF

2nd StL

1st BUF

2nd BUF

2nd LA

2nd MIN

1st BUF

2nd BUF

2nd LA

All those new scouts and revamped scouting dept is going to be put to the test.

As of now (correct me if I'm wrong)

1st BUF

1st MIN

2nd BUF

2nd StL

1st BUF

2nd BUF

2nd LA

2nd MIN

1st BUF

2nd BUF

2nd LA

All those new scouts and revamped scouting dept is going to be put to the test.

You gotta think some of those picks will be used to move up into better draft position, kinda like what they did to land Girgensons.

Currently (pre-lottery, pre-playoffs), we have the #6 and #25 picks. That could be enough to shoot for the top pick.

Those wouldn't be enough to move up to the 1 spot. But throw in another 2nd and we could possibly get to 2 or 3. Hopefully we can just 'earn' our top 3 pick lol.

Those wouldn't be enough to move up to the 1 spot. But throw in another 2nd and we could possibly get to 2 or 3. Hopefully we can just 'earn' our top 3 pick lol.

Oh, I think we will. Whatever the future holds, we're a worse team now than before the deadline ..and we were already pretty putrid.

We're 1-0-0 without Regehr and 1-0-1 without Leopold...

Leopold was awful this year and I don't think I want to lob a grenade into another thread with my feelings on Regehr :lol:

Also, with Leino out, our prospective top-9 looks something like this:

Ott-Hodgson-Vanek (if healthy)

Foligno-Ennis-Stafford

Gerbe-Porter-Flynn

Imagine if Vanek only plays 50% of the remaining games? That's a hideous lineup.

Leopold was awful this year and I don't think I want to lob a grenade into another thread with my feelings on Regehr :lol:

Also, with Leino out, our prospective top-9 looks something like this:

Ott-Hodgson-Vanek (if healthy)

Foligno-Ennis-Stafford

Gerbe-Porter-Flynn

Imagine if Vanek only plays 50% of the remaining games? That's a hideous lineup.

I guess Adam is here to stay and Scott, Kaleta and Hecht make up our 4th line

Unless Vanek and/or Miller go down for the season, finishing in the bottom 3 is not going to be easy. Dallas traded away Roy, Morrow & Jagr, Calgary traded Iginla, Tampa is bad, Colorado is already 6 points behind the Sabres, and then there is Florida.

Now is not the time to start beating teams like the Penguins. :angry:

Unless Vanek and/or Miller go down for the season, finishing in the bottom 3 is not going to be easy. Dallas traded away Roy, Morrow & Jagr, Calgary traded Iginla, Tampa is bad, Colorado is already 6 points behind the Sabres, and then there is Florida.

Now is not the time to start beating teams like the Penguins. :angry:

I think Calgary, Colorado and Florida are the tough ones to catch; not really concerned about the others, I think the Sabres are worse. If I were to lay money down, I'd say #4 has the highest probability of happening, which would be both great and devastating. Barkov is a legit high-end prospect, yet he's probably still a half-step behind the sterling trio of Drouin/MacKinnon/Jones.

I think Calgary, Colorado and Florida are the tough ones to catch; not really concerned about the others, I think the Sabres are worse. If I were to lay money down, I'd say #4 has the highest probability of happening, which would be both great and devastating. Barkov is a legit high-end prospect, yet he's probably still a half-step behind the sterling trio of Drouin/MacKinnon/Jones.

If the Sabres finish at #4 then bye bye other first rounder (and possibly a second, too).

You're assuming a #4 finish goes along w/ 1 of the top 3 winning the lottery or else that 27/30 picks 5th. I'd expect it will more likely be devastating.

You're assuming a #4 finish goes along w/ 1 of the top 3 winning the lottery or else that 27/30 picks 5th. I'd expect it will more likely be devastating.

Well, there would still be a 68.7% chance we'd remain in the top-4, with 10.7 of that being a chance to get #1. I realize that's still a 31% chance to get knocked out, but that would be an awfully pessimistic way to look at things ;)

Archived