2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

I'd say yes for MacKinnon. I don't know enough about Monahan, but he sounds pretty good too.

Which leads to the question of moving down. If the team with the 2nd and 3rd picks want Jones, the Sabres should be able to work a deal and pickup some extra picks.

Why not take Jones ? I wouldn't necessarily trade down, even thought I'd really like a forward.

Jones - Ehrhoff

Myers - Sekera

Pysyk - Weber

That's some tasty D.

If we draft as late as I think we're going to, we'll be adding Nurse or Zadarov to our blue line as the new franchise defenseman. Not exciting at all, but I could live with it since we need help back there with Myers in ruins. We need to hope for good things from McNabb and McCabe too.

If we draft as late as I think we're going to, we'll be adding Nurse or Zadarov to our blue line as the new franchise defenseman. Not exciting at all, but I could live with it since we need help back there with Myers in ruins. We need to hope for good things from McNabb and McCabe too.

I wouldn't mind Nurse one bit.

I wouldn't mind Nurse one bit.

My only problem with Nurse is that I can't tell if he's actually talented or just a really big guy in a league full of teenagers. Is he still going to be a badass when he's in a men's league and doesn't have a major size advantage?

My only problem with Nurse is that I can't tell if he's actually talented or just a really big guy in a league full of teenagers. Is he still going to be a badass when he's in a men's league and doesn't have a major size advantage?

Thanks for giving me info on him. My pre draft prep in hockey and football is to judge players exclusively by name if I don't know anything about them. Come on Bills... Draft Barkevious Mingo!

I'd say yes for MacKinnon. I don't know enough about Monahan, but he sounds pretty good too.

MacKinnon is considered better than Monahan. If we draft first taking Jones or MacKinnonor Drouin would not be a bad thing. I would guess we draft5/6th

New mock draft with the Sabres drafting 8th and taking Hunter Shinkaruk: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

This is the site that correctly had the Sabres taking Armia a couple years back and they usually do a pretty decent job.

The first 7 picks are Jones, Drouin, MacKinnin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Nurse, and Lindholm. If we're drafting 8th and our choice is between Shinkaruk and Monahan, that's not too bad. I've warmed up to the Shinkaruk idea with the Sabres dealing Pominville and (probably) trading Vanek soon too. We'll need to add some scoring to the mix.

Definitely not surprised to see Nurse creeping closer to the top. He seems like a player the Flyers would love. The big question is who decides to take a chance Nichushkin, probably the highest risk and reward of the whole bunch.

New mock draft with the Sabres drafting 8th and taking Hunter Shinkaruk: http://www.mynhldraf...NHL-Mock-Draft/

This is the site that correctly had the Sabres taking Armia a couple years back and they usually do a pretty decent job.

The first 7 picks are Jones, Drouin, MacKinnin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Nurse, and Lindholm. If we're drafting 8th and our choice is between Shinkaruk and Monahan, that's not too bad. I've warmed up to the Shinkaruk idea with the Sabres dealing Pominville and (probably) trading Vanek soon too. We'll need to add some scoring to the mix.

Definitely not surprised to see Nurse creeping closer to the top. He seems like a player the Flyers would love. The big question is who decides to take a chance Nichushkin, probably the highest risk and reward of the whole bunch.

I think the team that roles the dice on him either has multiple firsts (columbus - as their firsts should all be fairly high) or they already have stars and so can afford to take the chance on getting a Malkin in 3 years or getting a no-one ever (Oilers/Flyers)

Also i'd take Monahan over Shinkaruk any day. Shinkaruk seems really big headed - compared himself to Crosby when asked who he is most like

I think the team that roles the dice on him either has multiple firsts (columbus - as their firsts should all be fairly high) or they already have stars and so can afford to take the chance on getting a Malkin in 3 years or getting a no-one ever (Oilers/Flyers)

Also i'd take Monahan over Shinkaruk any day. Shinkaruk seems really big headed - compared himself to Crosby when asked who he is most like

I know Columbus has completely different leadership at the top of the hockey department, but after getting burned using top 6 picks on Zherdev and FIlatov, I wonder if they would be a little gun shy with drafting a Russian who is not currently playing junior hockey in NA.

Nurse would be fun in a Sabres uniform, if only for Rick's possible, "Helloooooooooooo Nurse!" goal call.

I know Columbus has completely different leadership at the top of the hockey department, but after getting burned using top 6 picks on Zherdev and FIlatov, I wonder if they would be a little gun shy with drafting a Russian who is not currently playing junior hockey in NA.

Good point. I had forgotten about their previous burns with the Russians. Although their new gm is Finnish, so maybe he won't have the NA bias most GMs have? Or maybe it would be easier for him to convince Europeans to come to America etc.

Also now Nashville have Foresberg, I could see them taking Lindholm and creating a Swedish core. Rinne is also Finnish, so they would be having quite a nice Euro-centric team. That might also mean they want Barkov, but i'm not sure they get that high

Also now Nashville have Foresberg, I could see them taking Lindholm and creating a Swedish core. Rinne is also Finnish, so they would be having quite a nice Euro-centric team. That might also mean they want Barkov, but i'm not sure they get that high

Don't Fins and Swedes nationally dislike each other? Like Brits and the Frenchies?

Can't really speak to the character of any of these guys, but I don't know if I'd worry about that statement. They always ask these guys to compare themselves to current NHL players and if a 17 year old wants to play like Crosby when he's in the NHL, that's fine with me.

Archived