2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

You've latched on to a new hero. :P

I have a lot of reasons to think this kid is the best consolation prize to the big 3.

1) http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15751

2) http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660974

leader, hardwoker, center, big, talented, good at faceoffs, smart, and plays hard for his teammates. If you are not high on this kid, you need to watch video and read up on him.

I have a lot of reasons to think this kid is the best consolation prize to the big 3.

1) http://www.nhl.com/i...st.htm?id=15751

2) http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=660974

leader, hardwoker, center, big, talented, good at faceoffs, smart, and plays hard for his teammates. If you are not high on this kid, you need to watch video and read up on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9RVNx_0cgQ

Does Mike Weber know he's been released? :lol:

There was someone else during last year's draft too. I forget who it was, maybe Faksa? The year before it was Couturier (the book's still out on him).

you have a good memory and correct. I am sorry if it is annoying but I usually key in someone from each draft who judging on where we draft would be really great for us. Couturier, Faksa (Grigorenko was a nice surprise), and this year I am going with Monahan.

Could be some help for the Sabres out of town. Washington Carolina has gone to OT and it's nice seeing them atleast get a point. Tampa is up 5-0 late in the game will move up to tie the Sabres in points with an extra game in hand. In Toronto the Flyers are holding onto a one goal lead with 4 minutes left.

Edit: Best case scenario happens, Philly holds on for the win and Washington wins it in the shootout.

Could be some help for the Sabres out of town. Washington Carolina has gone to OT and it's nice seeing them atleast get a point. Tampa is up 5-0 late in the game will move up to tie the Sabres in points with an extra game in hand. In Toronto the Flyers are holding onto a one goal lead with 4 minutes left.

Edit: Best case scenario happens, Philly holds on for the win and Washington wins it in the shootout.

Bishop to Tampa may have the biggest impact of all the moves at the deadline.

Bishop to Tampa may have the biggest impact of all the moves at the deadline.

And I thought it was the other way--Conacher to Ottawa.

Interesting.

I think short term, Conacher to Ottawa makes an impact.

Long term, Bishop may very well make the bigger impact.

And I thought it was the other way--Conacher to Ottawa.

Interesting.

I think short term, Conacher to Ottawa makes an impact.

Long term, Bishop may very well make the bigger impact.

I assume he's thinking Bishop may get TB into the playoffs. That would be a substantial impact.

We are now 14th in the East and 27th in the league :angel:

And we've lost five of our top 10 defenceman, traded our captain, and....(wait for it)

.....our number one right wing is DREW STAFFORD! :w00t:

(And you guys said he was useless and that Darcy had no plan.)

Depending on where the Minny pick is, I wonder if the Sabres would go for Adam Erne - Grigo's line mate

Looking at some mock drafts, the Sabres will likely have to move up for Erne. IMO, if the Sabres are going to move up, I'd like to see them get back into the top 15 and pick up another center. There are some good centers with size in this draft. I'd like to see the Sabres come away with a couple of them.

NHL scouts agree -- Jones will be No. 1 pick: http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Two mock drafts linked with Sabres drafting 3rd. Eastern Scouts have the Sabres taking Drouin and the Western Scouts have them taking Nichushkin.

I think hell freezes over before Darcy wastes the 3rd overall pick on a guy who legally can not play in the NHL for another 3yrs.

If we draft 3rd we take MacKinnon or Drouin depending on which is available.

Looking at some mock drafts, the Sabres will likely have to move up for Erne. IMO, if the Sabres are going to move up, I'd like to see them get back into the top 15 and pick up another center. There are some good centers with size in this draft. I'd like to see the Sabres come away with a couple of them.

Again Sean Monahan :flirt: :angel:

I think hell freezes over before Darcy wastes the 3rd overall pick on a guy who legally can not play in the NHL for another 3yrs.

If we draft 3rd we take MacKinnon or Drouin depending on which is available.

No argument from me on that one...I'd expect more immediate help from the #3 overall pick in this year's entry draft. Maybe Uncle Terry's Big Bucks could buyout his KHL contract. Not worth the risk unless the buyout would be negotiated prior to selecting him.

No argument from me on that one...I'd expect more immediate help from the #3 overall pick in this year's entry draft. Maybe Uncle Terry's Big Bucks could buyout his KHL contract. Not worth the risk unless the buyout would be negotiated prior to selecting him.

It smells like Zagrapan all over again, that set us back years. If we draft 3rd I think you have to go Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin. If we go fourth, Barkov. Here I will put up my listing for the top 7:

1) Jones

2) MacKinnon/Drouin

3) Drouin/MacKinnon

4) Barkov

5) Lindholm

6) Monahan

7) Shinkaruk

After that IMPO there is a drop off in Talent or NHL likelihood (Nichushkin)

The 13th overall pick in a very crappy draft set us back for years? Look back on that draft class. There was not a single player taken any later who was going to save a franchise. There's a few nice players here and there, but I don't look at a single one of those names and say "wow, I really wish we had that guy".

It smells like Zagrapan all over again, that set us back years. If we draft 3rd I think you have to go Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin. If we go fourth, Barkov. Here I will put up my listing for the top 7:

1) Jones

2) MacKinnon/Drouin

3) Drouin/MacKinnon

4) Barkov

5) Lindholm

6) Monahan

7) Shinkaruk

After that IMPO there is a drop off in Talent or NHL likelihood (Nichushkin)

Zagrapan was drafted out of the Q too, which makes a Grigorenko comparison plausible.

Instead of Shinkaruk, I'd put Zadarov in the no.7 spot on your list above. The Sabres can't assume Myers is going to turn it around at this point (though we can still hope).

Zagrapan was drafted out of the Q too, which makes a Grigorenko comparison plausible.

I couldn't help but think earlier when looking at Zagrapan's career stats what league the top two forwards in this year's draft come from as well...

Instead of Shinkaruk, I'd put Zadarov in the no.7 spot on your list above. The Sabres can't assume Myers is going to turn it around at this point (though we can still hope).

If the 2nd best defensive prospect was available I could not fault the Sabres for taking him considering how piss poor our defense has been this year. I think that stems from an overabundance of puck moving defenders as opposed to stay at home defenders but that is another debate.

I couldn't help but think earlier when looking at Zagrapan's career stats what league the top two forwards in this year's draft come from as well...

The 13th overall pick in a very crappy draft set us back for years? Look back on that draft class. There was not a single player taken any later who was going to save a franchise. There's a few nice players here and there, but I don't look at a single one of those names and say "wow, I really wish we had that guy".

1) That is scary to think of... very scary. Hopefully Grigorenko will rise to the occasion, he seems committed.

2) Looking back at that draft class, it was awful wasn't it? Good call. I still think our inability to draft good talent in 05 did set us back. Theoretically that talent would have become available in 07/08 which is exactly when we needed them.

Archived