The other sports thread

Eleven

And....... the Dodgers seem to have peaked too soon.

Nope, just being the Dodgers. This is what they do.

Is it the Astros year? Indians? The Red Sox? Cubbies repeat? No way can it be the Dodgers lol. I think the WS goes back to the AL this year.

Born and raised in NY. Who the hell else should I root for? Closest team? Still the Yankees.

That's fine, I'd have more respect if you were a Mets fans but given the choice only a Buffalonian would pick the Mets.

But most western NYers are closer to Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh, did I miss any?

That's fine, I'd have more respect if you were a Mets fans but given the choice only a Buffalonian would pick the Mets.

But most western NYers are closer to Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh, did I miss any?

But only the Yanks and Mets are shown on TV. If you're in WNY, I feel like you pick one of those unless you just want to be divergent. You won't get any of those teams you mentioned with a cable subscription (which is what most people grew up with, hence their fandom).

I'm a Yankees fan because my dad is a Yankees fan because he grew up watching the Yankees

But I'm not a western New Yorker. So there ya go.

I watched every Yankees game practically from 07-11 and still watched most through my first year of undergrad, and have watched ~20 a year since then. I'm allowed to laugh at the stupid Boston sports team's pain!

I had no idea you were such a baseball fan, let alone a Yankees one

Go Tribe! 12 game winning streak, longer than any other team this season.

With some big guns on the DL too.. If they stay hot and introduce Miller back to the pen, Salazar back to the rotation, and Kip and Brantley back into the lineup, it could be another fun run in Ohio this fall.

Although updates on Brantley don't sound encouraging at this point.

Currently in the middle of a 10 game losing streak but still have the best record in baseball.  I can't imagine that's too common either.

For what it's worth, no team has ever lost 10 in a row and gone on to win the World Series.

And on a side note, the last team to win and lose 10 in a row in a single season was the Indians in 2008.