The other sports thread

Eleven

The Rangers are hanging around in the wildcard race.  They still have a decent shot but they really have to break out of this .500 rut they seem to be in.  They beat Seattle last night, hopefully they can sweep them out of the race.  It probably doesn't matter anyway, they just haven't had the pitching this year to make it far into the playoffs. 

22 in a row for the Indians.  That's the new all-time record for consecutive wins without a tie.  And what an exciting finish to the game it was.  They tied the game up in the bottom of the 9th on their last out and won it in the 10th.

As weird as it sounds, they need to start losing

Or they could never lose again.  That would solve just about everything for them.  It makes me think of the "I will never die" line in Team America (please don't post the link, liger).

That scene :lol:

Funny story: My brother and his friends were all 15/16 and weren't allowed into the show alone; they needed my mom to go with them but the issue was, I was also there, and 11. So they convince my mom the movie really isn't all that bad cause, you know, they're puppets. And that's how I ended up watching two puppets vigorously bang, with my mom right next to me, at 11

Edited by WildCard

That scene :lol:

Funny story: My brother and his friends were all 15/16 and weren't allowed into the show alone; they needed my mom to go with them but the issue was, I was also there, and 11. So they convince my mom the movie really isn't all that bad cause, you know, they're puppets. And that's how I ended up watching two puppets vigorously bang, with my mom right next to me, at 11

Be glad she didn't buy you the DVD.  That scene is even longer.

We went to that movie in high school and at the time my friend was dating the German foreign exchange student from school. She was HORRIFIED at the scene where they blow up the Eiffel Tower, which I always thought was amusing given that scene may be the least horrifying thing in that movie. 

Man, I feel old realizing that half the board were kids when that movie came out. I was 23 and hungover as all hell after crashing on my old college neighbor's couch. I hadn't smoked in many months prior so he packed the bowl a few times as we watched it. Funny as all hell, even if I hadn't been stoned, but adding that in made it even better.

Rumor has it Triple G got tonight in Vegas. Landed almost 100 more punches than Canelo and it gets called a draw? Whelp, to the internet so that I can piece together this fight. And I'll damn sure be taking PTO for the rematch. These two boys won't be going the distance next time.

Rumor has it Triple G got ###### tonight in Vegas. Landed almost 100 more punches than Canelo and it gets called a draw? Whelp, to the internet so that I can piece together this fight. And I'll damn sure be taking PTO for the rematch. These two boys won't be going the distance next time.

To be fair, if you can't get in Vegas, where can you get ?

Nice.

Speaking of which, I hope our natives show Charlotte a thing or two. I will be disappointed if there is not folding table carnage.

Now, I don't know about Buffalo, but as far as central NY goes, I could go to Charlotte and find 60 people I graduated from high school with. Huge CNY presence in Charlotte.

AKA-there will be people in the parking lot.

Now, I don't know about Buffalo, but as far as central NY goes, I could go to Charlotte and find 60 people I graduated from high school with. Huge CNY presence in Charlotte.

AKA-there will be people ###### in the parking lot.

The Buffalo diaspora in Virginia and North Carolina is amazing.

Don't forget Judge's other wonderful stat.  Al Rosen had 72 strikeouts in his rookie season, Ted Williams had 64.  Judge currently sits at 199, more than both combined and then some.

2017 there are an average of 8.25 SO / game. In 1939, Williams' rookie season, there was an average of 3.44

I'd like to see ol' Teddy hit 100mph followed by a 88mph slider. 

2017 there are an average of 8.25 SO / game. In 1939, Williams' rookie season, there was an average of 3.44

I'd like to see ol' Teddy hit 100mph followed by a 88mph slider.

Judge is in danger of becoming the next Dave Kingman and or Rob Deer. If he hits it, it's going to go far. If, of course, he hits it.