The other sports thread

Eleven

A little misleading, innit? it was locked immedieatly after (or close enough for hyperbole's sake). It was then reopend much later, then shut down due to hystarics.

And can't you guys just come up with a bot that when it sees the word Trump in a post from Liger, it just deletes it so the grownups can talk?

Just a joke, Liger.

No -- but thanks for the accusation of lying as a followup to your prior accusation of bad faith.

The thread was locked, as I stated above, on Dec. 2 -- and not before.  It was then re-opened for 10 days and then closed again, that time for good.

No -- but thanks for the accusation of lying as a followup to your prior accusation of bad faith.

The thread was locked, as I stated above, on Dec. 2 -- and not before.  It was then re-opened for 10 days and then closed again, that time for good.

If memory serves, WJAG locked the thread just after the election.  It was unlocked at some point after that, but I do not recall when, or by whom (I don't think it was unlocked by WJAG).

Don't get me wrong that thread really went in the dumpster and am glad that it was locked.  I'm not sure, but I think it was archived, which means anyone can read it to their heart's content, but can't post in it.

If memory serves, WJAG locked the thread just after the election.  It was unlocked at some point after that, but I do not recall when, or by whom (I don't think it was unlocked by WJAG).

Don't get me wrong that thread really went in the dumpster and am glad that it was locked.  I'm not sure, but I think it was archived, which means anyone can read it to their heart's content, but can't post in it.

You could be right, but I don't think he (or anyone else) locked it before Dec. 2.  There is zero reference in any of wjag's posts during that period (i.e. between Nov 8 and Dec 2) to locking it, nor was there any day in which there were no posts in that thread.

Calm down. I remembered it slightly wrong, and I didn't know you had logs of all the lockings and such.

Perhaps you could’ve determined the facts — or inquired about them — before you concluded, and posted, that I was lying.

Where's the fun in that? And being disingenuous isn't the same as lying.

Kinda like saying the reason threads get closed is politics, but when you look at it, they usually stay open until one singular thing happens. That's not lying, just disingenuous. :D

Where's the fun in that? And being disingenuous isn't the same as lying.

Kinda like saying the reason threads get closed is politics, but when you look at it, they usually stay open until one singular thing happens. That's not lying, just disingenuous. :D

And my invitation to you to GFY still stands!

For the record, the election took place on Nov. 8, and the thread was closed on Dec. 2 -- after an additional 53-odd pages filled with hysterical vitriol.  And while YMMV, I'd say the horrendousness achieved a sustained peak during that entire period.

As always, though, I appreciate the accusations.

Metaphors, geez.

And no one accused you of anything.   We didn't even know who locked it.  (Until now.)

Great comeback win by the Yanks last night in the Wildcard game. The kids showed up big (well, besides Severino), and the bullpen lived up to the bill. Probably get crushed by Cleveland, but it's good to get the kids experience

Anyways, here are my predictions

WildCard:

NY > Twins

AZ > Col

ALDS:

Cleveland > NY

Astros > Sox

NLDS:

Nats > Cubs

AZ > LA

ALCS:

Tribe > Astros

NLCS:

Nats > AZ

WS:

Nats > Tribe in 7

This is their year!

WC, I've been an Expos / Nats fan since you were a wee little Charlie thought in your daddy's mind. I got an Expos sundae helmet at Ground Round (you have no idea what I'm talking about, child!) when I was like six, and I never looked back.

If there is one thing I know is true, it's this:  They'll be ###### in the playoffs.

EDIT:  I'll elaborate for you young'uns:  Ground Round was basically the Tully's of the 70s.  Dad could grab a couple of beers and a burger, and the child could have some fried shrimp or grilled cheese or something, and there were coin-op video games, like Pong and Pac-Man. Very sophisticated games. Dads would basically give quarters away so they could have more beers in peace.  (The beers were probably only 75 cents then, too.)  And at the end, the restaurant would serve a small ice cream sundae in a mini MLB batting helmet.  As a reward for being a good boy and letting Dad drink his beers while you played bad video games.

Edited by Eleven

WC, I've been an Expos / Nats fan since you were a wee little Charlie thought in your daddy's mind. I got an Expos sundae helmet at Ground Round (you have no idea what I'm talking about, child!) when I was like six, and I never looked back.

If there is one thing I know is true, it's this:  They'll be ###### in the playoffs.

Gotta believe man. If Harper can be anything close to what he's been, they can make it.

Then they'll get demolished by the Tribe, but you gotta  believe!

To the bold, I actually do :lol:

I just wanted a trip down memory lane....

Took me there as well. They also had those crispy mass-produced no flavor whatsoever wings on the buffet that I ate pounds of whenever there for some reason. Wouldn't go near them now, but still a happy memory. Kids are dumb.