The other sports thread

Eleven

All I was saying was if the US had lost to the fins after beating the soviets then the 80 Olympics wouldn't be memorable at all. Great, you beat the unbeatable team...and then you lost. No one remembers second place.

Right.  It was a very good point.

Boston can lose every game too. I don't care how it happens. 

Gotcha. I feel the same way when the Dolphins play the Patriots*. I root for the blimp to crash into the stadium and for the air to catch on fire and obliterate everyone. It hasn't happened yet but I think I just haven't prayed hard enough. Time to move on to animal sacrifice I guess. Wear your hate proudly.

Gotcha. I feel the same way when the Dolphins play the Patriots*. I root for the blimp to crash into the stadium and for the air to catch on fire and obliterate everyone. It hasn't happened yet but I think I just haven't prayed hard enough. Time to move on to animal sacrifice I guess. Wear your hate proudly.

I don't know how you can still hate the fins as they have sucked as long as the Bills but this is the mentality I have when it comes to the Yankees. Just let them and all their fans die a terrible death.

I don't know how you can still hate the fins as they have sucked as long as the Bills but this is the mentality I have when it comes to the Yankees. Just let them and all their fans die a terrible death.

Can't wait for you guys to bomb in the post this year ;)

I definitely hate Boston more but I'll always have ample hate in my heart for all things Miami and Dallas as well.

8-5 Cleveland, in yo face! :P

Yeah, that was depressing.  Blow a 5-1 lead.  Yuck.

At one point Rougned Odor was 2-2, 4 RBI, 2HR for the season.  Then his bat went quiet like the rest of the Rangers, while the relief staff laid an egg.

I too hope this :)

Opening Day!!! Go Jays!

We can't be friends if you're a Yankees fan Kev, sorry to break it to you. :nana:

Ugh, your a Jays fan? Seriously? That's just soooo not on my radar. I can't even bring myself to care about a Canadian team playing baseball.

I like the Jays. Cool uniforms, underdog team, and I go there a ton for games.

I've been to skydome. They lost to the tigers. Allan Trammell didn't play and Cecil Fielder was a God amongst men. Devon White went deep.

Oh, and you weren't alive yet, lol

Exactly. WNY is filled with "Yankees" and "Red Sox" fans that have 1. Never even been to Boston/NYC to see a game 2. Only want to proclaim their fandom when winning/in the playoffs. Why should I root for a team that is 6+ hours away when the Jays are a short ride up the QEW and closely resemble the type of team Buffalonians can get behind - an underdog team that hasn't won anything in a long time, and until recently had a long standing playoff drought. They fit right in :thumbsup:

Plus being a Jays fan gives the added benefit of being able to root against the Yanks and Sawks with a fiery unrelenting passion. :devil:

I liked the Jays when I was a kid. They were great in MLB 94 for Sega. I tried to get into them again as an adult but their fan community is just kinda meh.

Moving here and having them be the parent club for the Bisons might change my loyalty back, but we'll see.

Has anyone been following the LPGA/Lexi Thompson debacle? She loses a major tourney due to a 4 stroke penalty (2 strokes for the 1 inch misplacement and 2 strokes for signing an incorrect scorecard) because a viewer emailed the LPGA about her mis-marking the ball. It's a very interesting story.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/04/lexi-thompson-penalty-video-watch-you-tube-four-stroke-viewer-email-ruling-ana-inspiration/amp/