The other sports thread

Eleven

I'm strongly considering buying new irons this year. I've got a feeling I'll be getting out of work and going golfing quite a bit this summer.

Don't you just love it when you've got money burning a hole in your pocket....smh

I did that a lot last year since my new work location was a 2 minute drive to my local golf course. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter how new or expensive your clubs are, you are still limited by the guy swinging them. :bag:

I did that a lot last year since my new work location was a 2 minute drive to my local golf course. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter how new or expensive your clubs are, you are still limited by the guy swinging them. :bag:

In mid season form I'm a 14 handicap. So I'm not horrible, but that was also when I played 3 days a week. I didn't get out at all last year and it killed me! 2 years ago, the only round I played was in Florida and I shot 84 after a winter off.

My current irons are 21 years old. I'm ready for new ones!

In mid season form I'm a 14 handicap. So I'm not horrible, but that was also when I played 3 days a week. I didn't get out at all last year and it killed me! 2 years ago, the only round I played was in Florida and I shot 84 after a winter off.

My current irons are 21 years old. I'm ready for new ones!

I'm currently a 15 handicap and had similar thoughts last year. Prior to the winter of 2015 my clubs had been Tommy Armour Silver Scot 755's that were hand me downs from my dad that I played with from when I was just starting until then. Winter 2015 came around and I thought in order to finally commit to getting my handicap to single digits I need to upgrade my irons (flawed logic but w/e), so I picked up some lightly used AP2 712's after days of research. I can definitely tell they are better clubs and saw glimpses of improvement, but it also highlighted some flaws and inconsistencies in my swing.

Long story short, there is no magic equipment fix and the only way to get better is to practice and improve your swing.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you end up going with? Got any pics to share of the new gear?

Ping G30's. Ping is currently making them custom for me. 1/4" off the shafts and 1.5* flat. I'll have them in about 7-10 days.

I was really crushing the G irons, but I hit the G30 much, much straighter, and only about 8 or 10 yards less.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cuse just punched their ticket in dramatic fashion. The bank was open for a huge buzzer-beating three to cap off a come-from-behind win over Duke. Amazing game leading up to that clutch shot too. They'll be dangerous in March just like last year I think.

I was amazed that they kept hanging around in that Duke game last night - keep it close and be the last team to score. It's impressive that they have a winning record (3-2) this year against top 25 teams, but have still managed to lose 11 games, much of them against much weaker opponents. Cuse has the capability to beat anyone, but can also lay a stinker. Those type of teams are dangerous come tournament time - you only need to win 6 games to win it all :thumbsup:

I was amazed that they kept hanging around in that Duke game last night - keep it close and be the last team to score. It's impressive that they have a winning record (3-2) this year against top 25 teams, but have still managed to lose 11 games, much of them against much weaker opponents. Cuse has the capability to beat anyone, but can also lay a stinker. Those type of teams are dangerous come tournament time - you only need to win 6 games to win it all :thumbsup:

Like when UConn and Kemba sucked a few years back and then they ran the table in the big East tourney just to get into the big dance and then won it all.

WTF MLB is thinking with this new intentional walk rule...

Saving 10s off a game apparently. The commissioner is not happy the union won't let him implement other rules, such as a pitching timer and limiting mound visits, so he claims after next season he's just going to do it anyways

Baseball is not a fast sport. It gets its fans from tradition, history, and the love of the game. Trying to make it something it's not will ruin it

What did you end up going with? Got any pics to share of the new gear?

First time out with my new sticks. F'n crushing the ball! Still gotta play around a little with my distances, but man oh man, that was fun.

New club fever had me wanting a new driver, but mine still works.

Since it's not Thursday, this is going here: I'm at a bar watching the Rangers-Devils game, with the person next to me and the bartender jabbering about the Yankees and Mets non stop. I don't know which circle of hell this is, but it's one of them.

I wish I was there to stand behind you and jabber with the bartender and the guy next to you.

Edit to add :)

Edited by ubkev